Issue with Trial admin TDS

Kenken244

admin key: @TDS

my ckey Kenken244

my discord: kenken244

date of incident 2019-9-11

nature of complaint: misapplication of rules

link to ban appeal

brief description: TDS apparently misunderstood my motivation for performing these actions, apparently ignored the extenuating circumstances I tried to bring up in my appeal, and also made errors in the interpretation of the rules

Full description of events: I know this isn't the place to put a secondary appeal for a ban, however I talked to mysticLiger who was the admin responsible for reviewing my ban appeal and they said I had a case, and to take it to a headmin, I then took it to kyet who told me to make an appeal here.

my description of events is detailed in my ban appeal, my issues with my rejection are as follows:

Firstly, the reason which I killed the security officer and considered security an illegitimate authority were not because they ignored a minor crime (sabotage is in fact a major crime) but mainly because they claimed that security was immune to the law, and that they repeatedly resorted immediately to force when faced with an unsatisfactory borg, rather than even making an attempt to correct the behavior through non-destructive means, even when I repeatedly told them exactly what they needed to do in order to allow me to do so.

secondly. TDS claimed that PALADIN is a default lawset, which is NOT true, paladin is alongside laws such as "oxygen is toxic to humans" and I believe I am justified in being overzealous about enforcing these laws, much as a paladin might

thridly, it neglects the fact that I originally attempted to arrest the officers in accordance with space law and SOP. iit was only when that attempt at a lawful arrest for a legitimate crime was met with immediate use of force that I considered force

fourthly: it does not include any explanation of something else I could have done. as a PALADIN borg I would consider ignoring a corrupt and evil authority to be an Evil act, and I do not think there was any other punishment I could have given to the officers that would have a remote chance of success. I also cannot imagine any circumstance in which a paladin borg would consider a security team who considers themselves above the law to be a legitimate authority

finally, I would like to briefly explain the circumstances of my previous warning. I was reprimanded for using lethal force during a CC override that instructed me to take command of the station. I mistakenly believed that this was the act of a traitor, since there was nothing in my laws that mentioned this was sanctioned by CC. I believed that conflict with command was inevitable, and as a malf borg I was justified in using lethal force. If I had known that this was a CC sanctioned law change, I would not have used lethal force

Edited by Kenken244

Hi there,

First of all I'd like to point you to this part of the rules in Section 7:

Murder is not acceptable for non-antags. Killing should only be done in extreme self-defense, during an authorized execution, or in any situation Security can employ lethal force. If you wish to murder, or at least seriously injure, someone, Administrator permission is required;

In this case, I do not see any crimes which were execution worthy, nor any authorized executions.

The destruction of a borg and a charge of sabotage requires malicious actions - in this case, it was not malicious, as it was assumed you were rogue, because you were randomly stunning people. Context is appropriate to all space law charges - it is not grand trespass to enter the AI core to stop a rogue AI, for instance. It is not sabotage to disable a rogue borg that is attacking security, either. It is quite appropriate for the sec officer not to be charged with sabotage because you attacked him. Even if he was meant to be charged with sabotage, I would personally consider it very, very evil, to beat someone to death with a baton because they weren't being given 10 to 15 minutes in the brig.

The Paladin lawset does not make you an antag, and is considered a default lawset as it has been a starting one for many years, and is often used, alongside robocop, when the AI is needed to be proactive with security enforcement.

A Paladin would not give people the death penalty outside space law. Even if borgs are "slaves", that has been established by multiple legitimate authorities. Beating to death one sec officer will not free the borgs. One should attempt change within the law. Paladins are meant to be Lawful Good. 

You are being much more than overzealous here - zealous would perhaps be acceptable, but overly so, not. Claiming security was harming innocent borgs when you were yourself far from innocent is a huge stretch. That being worthy of execution (Via I assume, being beaten to death with a baton), is well outside the laws for paladin - especially when the "victim" here is the very same borg who was destroyed.

Despite security destroying a borg, claiming all of security and the captain (And also thus, NT and CC), as illegitimate, because you were destroyed in self defence, is a huge stretch. Claiming there is no legitimate authority really does seem to be rules lawyering to antagonize crew, specifically the one who destroyed you.

Common sense is required both for borg laws and the server rules. Randomly stunning people to 'increase productivity' is clearly not going to work - common sense should tell you that. It's basically just being an asshole to players. Because borgs cannot be brigged, or even stunned or cuffed, there is no real option but to destroy you if you're considered rogue.

Common sense should tell you that if you hit a sec officer with a stun baton, they're going to think you're rogue before they consider you're trying to increase productivity - especially because the latter makes no sense. This very much seems a case of using your lawset to justify antagonizing crewmembers. If a security officer was to run around hitting people with a stun baton to "increase productivity", they'd be quickly brigged and or fired. 

I do not think you were really trying to RP your laws here at all - it comes across as you looking for excuses within your lawsets to get back at the player who destroyed you. You've both used corporate as an excuse to randomly stun people, and then when you suffered the consequences of that, used Paladin as an excuse to beat someone to death.

If your appeal was accepted, then it would be sending a message saying that your actions as a borg there were in line with server rules and what we want from the play of borgs and players in general. They most certainly are not. Until an appeal shows that you see some problem with your actions, it won't be accepted.

Complaint can thus be considered resolved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use