IPC Specific Starter Kit

quintaessentia

8 minutes ago, McRamon said:

You spawn as an assistant near engineering and can weld down wall to tech storage right from the spawn. Nice

also you need a more than just a welder to get though walls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McRamon said:

You spawn as an assistant near engineering and can weld down wall to tech storage right from the spawn. Nice

Can you thou? You'll need a crowbar or wrench too won't you?

• Like 2

One could still smash the girder with the emergency welding tool, which would take, along with removing the outer plating, about 70 seconds. Which is probably the same time it would take one to run all the way to the YouTool near arrivals and back from engineering, along with using a crowbar/ wrench to get through the wall instead of smashing it to debris.

• Like 2

Emergency kits are really meant for space and vacuum (hence the oxy masks). The epipen is for short term stabilization, not healing. Cable coils and welders are very much outside the realm of that, and not really the main idea of the thread. They've been brought up before and rejected.

Oil is interesting but I feel has some of the problems of being too long term. I'd much prefer perhaps another oil despenser thats not just the one in robotics or delivered from cargo. Preferably a small one, but robotics is really the only logical place. Maybe a random spawn in maint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some possible location i can think of are Electrical Maint and Tech Storage. Personally i would also like a publicly accessible tank, somewhere near arrivals, but i am not sure how highly flammable oil is, along with welding fuel this could prove to be a problem.

Now, IPC players could possibly get some kind of container to transport the oil with them, or to even consume it, coming back to the emergency box.

I am pretty sure that discussing oil tanks goes beyond the scope of this suggestion, so i may be tempted to make a new suggestion on how to fix the problem with IPC and oil.

6 hours ago, quinta essentia said:

Some possible location i can think of are Electrical Maint and Tech Storage.

Both of these are restricted, so i don't think it will really change much. 

Think oil wouldn't be too out of place in one of the arrivals storages. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, necaladun said:

Emergency kits are really meant for space and vacuum (hence the oxy masks). The epipen is for short term stabilization, not healing. Cable coils and welders are very much outside the realm of that, and not really the main idea of the thread. They've been brought up before and rejected.

Oil is interesting but I feel has some of the problems of being too long term. I'd much prefer perhaps another oil despenser thats not just the one in robotics or delivered from cargo. Preferably a small one, but robotics is really the only logical place. Maybe a random spawn in maint.

Oil tank in primary tool storage? Seems like a logical place

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 10/4/2019 at 7:13 AM, procdrone said:

Oil tank in primary tool storage? Seems like a logical place

I feel like this would work, have an oil tank in Tool storage and maybe a few oil cans on a nearby table.

While i appreciate your enthusiasm about necaladun's suggestion and commitment towards the improvement of IPC, please start a seperate suggestion if you want to discuss further oil tanks on station.

This suggestion started nearly three and a half months ago and had its last post before today was made nearly three months ago in addition of it originally not being about oil tanks.

Everyone stated their opinion and reasonable suggestions were made, and for my part it also changed my opinion on the whole matter. So while this may sound cynical or whatever a proper adjective to describe it is, it would be much more beneficial to have a seperate suggestion discussing it, as it would avoid confusion and raise the possability of an actual change being made.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use