Bring Back Lore Team (not a joke)

MrMagolor

As of late, there have been several issues with recent PRs and lore conflicts, i.e. the Slime People and Diona reworks. I feel that a lore team would be essential here- not just to be able to justify changes to existing things, but also new additions.

I think that the lore team should be picked from admins, and directed by headmins, while they work alongside maintainers and community managers.

I can't elaborate much more on this, but feel free to add your own ideas/opinions.

One of the few lore conflicts with gameplay is that there's no reasoning behind why IPCs have and require Oil to survive.

If i had to make it up, i belive there would be a tempature manager component in an IPC's body that uses oil to cool or heat practically anything in the IPC chassis. Wihout the tempature managing component, or the oil to power it, most of the servos and components in the IPC body would slowly overheat and stop functioning.

Also, how do people get on board the NSS Cyberiad anyway? If i had to make that up aswell...

Spoiler

For example back on Earth. Most of the richer countries would have Long-range Bluespace Travel Airports, or LBTA's for short.
You would be able to get onto a shuttle there, wich would take you to systems nearby that of the Sol system.
An LBT jump would either lead to a Travel Station, or another LBT airport on a planet. We'll call stations with LBTA's Travel Stations.
Travel stations would be able to recieve LBT ships, but also able to send normal bluespace shuttles to other stations.
From there, you'd take a bluespace shuttle, aka. the Arrivals shuttle to the Cyberiad.

Voila. Now you just have to deal with the Terror Spider infestation there because no one told you about it.

Edited by John_bigless
Made spoiler text more visible.

I would love a return of the lore team to actually fix, develop and finish lore pages for the server. However I believe admins have stated before the lore is 'done' development wise so I'm unsure if the idea of the lore team would be revived.

Most conflicting lore issues could be dealt with by simplifying the lore, purposefully leaving it unexplained/up to the players imagination or cutting conflicting issues from the lore entirely instead of making a new lore team to rework what is already there. It's easier to simplify than struggle to rework or add and wouldn't require a lore team to essentially do that really.

After all the last lore team ran into a few issues - thus why it was disbanded and not reformed.
I will never get my dream of deep Elysian Republic or U.S.S.P lore.

Personally I dislike leaving lore up to the players imagination and interpretation to rp. Its how you get snowflakes and conflicting backgrounds quick, as well as conflicting rp styles for races. It takes me out of it to not have a sure answer to a question about the lore, thus being left with "guess I'll wing it." 

I'd also love the lore team to come back and flesh out all the lore pages. That being said, in doing so I'm sure they'd step on some toes and encounter some roadblocks, so I doubt it will ever happen.

Hell, to flesh out the lore there doesn't even need to be that much more written. Just quick snippets added/changed to explain small details.

• fastparrot 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use