Nerf to Mining

alphaJackal

9 minutes ago, Spacemanspark said:

Scientists have access to every part of their department sans Robotics. RnD, which can be maxed out really early on, can certainly be a major support tool for a person that wants to go crazy. 

Toxins, again... who openly runs around with a bomb in hand? It's easy to conceal, and very deadly. 

Annnd you're still glossing over xenobiology and scichem. 

Robotics, especially early on... really only needs a Ripley (hell, even an Odysseus is amazing in the right circumstances) to do crazy stuff. Not to mention IRCs they can get after mining brings in their first haul most rounds, implants they can make and install fairly easily...

Mining isn't really out there. Again, I have no issues with proper SoP regarding what they can do on station, but I think you're making a big deal over nothing. A mechanical nerf isn't necessary to most of these items.

My point IS that if there's no mechanical nerf at least there should be some sort of adjustment to SOP/Space Law preventing miners from walking around with killing gear in hand at all times, because no other department can legally do that. As far as making a big deal over nothing, I suppose that depends on what side of the issue you're on, because I've never seen a blob/xeno/tspider round instantly discovered by a scientist or a roboticist or a chemist walking around with dangerous items looking for trouble. Can't say the same for mining, where it's a frequent occurrence.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use