Port /tg/ xenobio crossbreeding

Tarhalindur

What are your thoughts on xenobio crossbreeding?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The basic point of crossbreeding is simple:

1. Obtain 10 extracts of the same color.
  2. Feed them all to an adult slime.
  3. The adult slime will then boil away and leave a single crossbreed extract.
  4. Profit.

Which crossbreed extract you get is determined by the colors of the slime and extracts. The dominant type is determined by the extract color.

There's enough effects that I don't really want to list them all here, so I'll just link to the relevant section in the /tg/ wiki.

So, while this sounds fun and a great addition, looking at some of the effects you can create, they would prove incredibly OP, science already makes for the most powerful antag department with mining as a close second, imagine how incredibly powerful one or two people could become working with another traitor or other antag from mining or science, I'd enjoy this being a feature but it'd have to be so heavily nerfed it would probably be but a shadow of itself if it were brought over. Something else that was brought up is that it would be a monstrous task to undertake code wise, TG has a lot more active and capable coders than we do making anything they do a lot easier for them in contrast to our team here.

Edited by Leanfrog

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use