Additional station goals

Rappy

I think one thing that would help keep rounds interesting for people who play a lot of engineering (such as myself) would be additional station goals, while the three we have are quite enjoyable they tend to get repetitive after you've done each two or 3 times. As such adding a few extra goals could be interesting. Some suggestions for goals which could be implemented using existing mechanics would be:

Constructing a supermatter/thermoelectric engine, and adding it to the grid.

A going green goal where the singulo and tesla being built causes the goal to fail. Would give engineering the task of upgrading solars in order to meet demand or using a tertiary engine source like the turbine.

Renovate mining station, adding an autolathe, protolathe, cloning bay and cryotube.

Renovate con site, have X rooms with a breathable atmosphere, charged apc, fire alarm, intercom, camera, etc. Could also add goals of having a functioning set of lathes, cloning pods, ai, etc, on the site. 

Anyone who has any other suggestions feel free to add them to the thread.

Also worth mentioning these are entirely engineering focused goals, it would be nice to see other departments getting goals such as cargo, botany and specific science departments like xenobio and toxins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is something I really want to see, sadly it needs a lot of work and balance and coding behind it. Please do suggest them, and message me if you're willing to code them.

To be fair we do not even have to code it in. If there is an admin online they could just replace the existing goal with something special as well, just for fun. I know a lot of engineers/CEs have actually stopped playing that department just because the goals are too repetetive

It's not so easy to just replace it with something special - you have to come up with an idea and then enable whatever is needed to spawn it, all the while looking for the everpresent greytide etc, and hoping it isn't a nukeops round or something that'll end too soon. It's a lot of effort for just one round.

If coded in it means a long lasting change to multiple rounds.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The only issues I have with the goals suggested is that they all take the engineers off the station to do it. Solars are probably okay, but Con site is isolated as it gets. Mining station might be okay, but then you've got all these access  issues with Engineers complaining to cargo to let them in, or just hacking the doors open and annoying the miners. Super-matter engine on the other hand?   Hell yeah, but I think that might be getting added in soon anyhow~!

As well as all the 'station goals has a 'prize at the end. BSA- Big ass gun to shoot. DNA- powers. Sheilds- Meteor (sort of) immunity.
I think it'd have to be something that has a unique sprite, purpose and way of construction. That makes it harder, but it's also the only way of making it fit.

Im not sure if im alone in this but i think that engineers going off station to work on the goal is an interesting concept, also worth mentioning that usually only 2 or 3 engineers actually work on the goal in a round so its not like the station will be without them. Issues with access can just be fixed by the HoP.

Also for sure it would be great to have more unique goals which have rewards but the goals suggested were designed to work without implementing new machinery, if you have ideas for any machinery style goals like the bsa and vault feel free to suggest them.

So an idea I suggested a while back (Possibly being tested as an admin event first) is making a 'Supply Mission' station goal. Essentially, the station will be sent a list of items, resources, machines, mechs, and all sorts of other items that need to be collected and stored in a certain place (Likely the cargo warehouse), which will be collected and sent off station once the crew departs.

This would allow multiple departments to get involved, as the requested items can vary greatly. Materials from mining, machines made by Engineering, mechs and special tools from Science, organs and medicines from Medical, certain plants from botany, food and drink from the bar and kitchen, and random misc items that anyone can pick up like vending machines. Of course, this cache of items and materials would be very tempting for anyone wishing to do traitorous activities, so security will need to keep an eye on the place. Engineering could also help by setting up cameras or redesigning the area to make it more secure. Command will need to divvy up the required items to help things run smoothly, and cargo will likely be the ones with the master list of what's needed.

The whole station would need to get involved to get this goal completed, but once completed, NT will send an advance payment to the station in the form of 1000 cargo points, a large material shipment of rare ores, crates with rare or valuable items or gear, and/or special research notes for science.

Edited by Veterankyl
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Veterankyl said:

So an idea I suggested a while back (Possibly being tested as an admin event first) is making a 'Supply Mission' station goal. Essentially, the station will be sent a list of items, resources, machines, mechs, and all sorts of other items that need to be collected and stored in a certain place.

This is a pretty cool idea, pretty unique to have a goal which isnt just engineering and R&D working together.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use