Some mediborg suggestions

constatinus

I think the mediborg should have something like a suffocation treating chemical, because once it gets below 65 epinephrine is no logner useful. Maybe replace epinephrine with salbutamol (or something else)? I think that would make it still kinda fair.
Also, the mediborg has saline-glucose solution for healing brute and burn damage. But it heals the really slow, like 0.6 units per cycle. Think this is a bit weak, but if this doesnt get accepted its not that big of a deal.
Aurorastation has a chemistery gripper, it probably it can store multiple pills, bottles and beakers. This would be cool to implement in paradise.
Last change, again from aurorastation: When changing chemicals, you have to click the hypospray to "scroll" through them. This is a bit hard to do and hit, and auroras solution is much better. Have the chemicals pop up in chat, and then you can just click on them to change.

EDIT: forgot to add, the hypospray refills only the selected chemical. However, if this is not a bug, please make it refill the other chemicals as soon as the selected one gets full.

Edited by constatinus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/21/2019 at 3:22 AM, constatinus said:

I think the mediborg should have something like a suffocation treating chemical, because once it gets below 65 epinephrine is no logner useful. Maybe replace epinephrine with salbutamol (or something else)? I think that would make it still kinda fair.
Also, the mediborg has saline-glucose solution for healing brute and burn damage. But it heals the really slow, like 0.6 units per cycle. Think this is a bit weak, but if this doesnt get accepted its not that big of a deal.
Aurorastation has a chemistery gripper, it probably it can store multiple pills, bottles and beakers. This would be cool to implement in paradise.
Last change, again from aurorastation: When changing chemicals, you have to click the hypospray to "scroll" through them. This is a bit hard to do and hit, and auroras solution is much better. Have the chemicals pop up in chat, and then you can just click on them to change.

EDIT: forgot to add, the hypospray refills only the selected chemical. However, if this is not a bug, please make it refill the other chemicals as soon as the selected one gets full.

As a frequent mediborg player, the only part of this I agree with is that you shouldn't have to continually cycle your hypospray to refill it, which is just annoying. However, that being said mediborgs are EXTREMELY robust healers, and don't really need buffs else doctors would be entirely useless in comparison. No, mediborgs do not have a direct way of treating suffocatoin, however, they have all of the means to treat the cause of the suffocation, and through creative use of their mini-defib, epi, and surgery can effectively make suffocation damage not matter. If you know your stuff, the list of medical problems you can't deal with on your own basically amounts to transplants, implants, heart death, debridement, and IV placement(though I honestly wouldn't mind if mediborgs could manipulate IVs, creative use of saline and surgery can keep someone alive as long as they are above 20% blood). This is more or less fine, because for their extreme power, cyborgs should also have a more narrow scope than humans.

As @alphaJackal said, you can easily deal with the causes of sending a patient into hard crit through suffocation, and if you are unable to save them with the use of epi and the handheld defib, you can just properly defib them when they do actually die, as long as the cause is not necrotic/dead heart/lungs/brain.

You have advanced trauma/burn kits, with 6 uses each, which regenerate in a cyborg recharger, so that is effectively 125 points of brute and burn burst healing, on top of saline, and if in crit, epi regeneration.

Also do bear in mind, the mediborg has a beaker, syringe and dropper, so with the use of a second dragged beaker, or IV you can actually replace lost blood, apply mito to limbs during debridment surgery, drip formaldehyde into someones eyes, or distribute vaccines.

Medical borgs also excel at repairing IPC external damage, easily capable of rapidly bringing an IPC out of crit in a few seconds, especially if they have access to a nearby cyborg recharger.

I think medical borgs are in a good place at the moment, even if you need to swap hypospray modes for each chemical to regenerate.

Another important thing to note, not just for cyborgs, but all medical, is that when someone is scanned, and it says they are brain dead, that just means the damage has exceeded the death threshold, if you repair the brain you may still be able to revive them.

Edited by BeanOS
typo

About the only thing I'd like medical borgs to get is a gripper for limbs (cybernetic and organic). They're already so overly specialized that I feel they should be able to do all surgeries instead of just most of them. Salb would be nice I guess but I can't think of a reason I'd need it, and in that case I'd just use a sleeper. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use