Kinnikonnie

Blood Brothers

I may edit this as I am asking someone to read over it again and help clear things up. I will edit this comment if I am 100% finished.

Name of Event: Blood Brothers

One Sentence Description: Team-Syndicate-Antags with no TC or uplink.

Map Changes: No

Will this work with the standard NSS Cyberiad map. Just remember that anything requiring mapping changes is unlikely to be organized any time soon.

Code Changes: No(?) Will have to force this via admincommands I assume.

Will this work with the standard Paracode base. Again, anything requiring coding changes is a long way off.

Suggested Number of Players: 60+

What type of population level would this be best for? Just remember that paradise rarely drops anything below 30, even when invisible. Events for smaller player numbers may not be possible.

Full Description of Event:

Ooc: Security has it too simple. Every Antag can be identified somehow and there are appropriate reactions for it. Space law is VERY often not applied unless its murder or grand theft often confirming EoCs and once a guy is in perma its rare to get out. The idea is to have Syndicate Agents with no uplink or access to contraband (except for random loot) and instead of relying on gear, they have to rely on each other to achieve their objectives. The objectives are normal antag objectives. The teams should be 2-3 people with 1 objective per person. Teams may have to kill other agents, however they should be considered a TEAM ANTAG like Cult and are under no circumstances allowed to fight each other or sell each other out unless its part of a plan (going to perma to kill their target). There should be no way the individuals can be linked to any other antag type except for their objectives. In comparison to a normal round this would feel like something strange and dangerous is happening while at the same time there is 0 evidence of any agents being on board.

IC: The syndicate has noticed that the expense of PDA Uplinks and highly-expensive equipment is not working out as they hoped. Often a desperate agent would reveal themselves too early and put other Agents in jeopardy. They have decided on project Blood Brothers. These trained agents were psychologically manipulated from a very young age going through excrutiating training and work together with their assigned partners. They prefer death over defeat and have learned to rely on each other in all situations. They have gone through countless simulations expertising in stealth, breaking in, combat, sabotage and disguise. In case they fail NOTHING can link them to the syndicate and they will just look like some random gang. The NSS Cyberiad holds countless valuable objects that the Syndicate is interested in and with the recent regular agents failings and the consequences they have suffered they have decided to run a trial-mission on the Cyberiad.

Welcoming Message/Objectives Example:
You are Fridge Quirin the Scientist.

You were sent to the NSS Cyberiad by the Syndicate with your BLOOD BROTHERS. Your BLOOD BROTHERS are "TORQUE" and "KAHTICHA". You are a TEAM ANTAG and are not allowed under any circumstances (unless it is planned to accomplish your objective) to sell your BLOOD BROTHERS out to Security or reveal yourself as a Syndicate Agent. You are NOT allowed to reveal that you are a Syndicate Agent under ANY circumstances. These are your objectives:

#1: Steal the HoS Gun.

#2: Kill The Virologist Krikachik.

#3: Steal a hand teleporter.

#4: Make sure ALL of your BLOOD BROTHERS survive until the end of the shift.

Notes: No document exchange, No die a glorious death. #4 has to be survive until end of shift or escape with shuttle/escape pod.

• Like 2

Yeah I would very much love to see Blood Brothers as an event first, and eventually maybe as an antag type even. From a coding perspective, this would probablely a fairly straight forward port from TG,  I think. Might take a look into a port myself to try and learn.

Love this idea.

• Like 1

Gangs / Hooligans could serve a similiar purpouse, without being inherently syndicate. 

But otherwise its a solid idea and I like it. Make it for example mid round and spawn, if they haven't spawned round start, and let them spawn regardless of round type. 

In the end I really do not caer what you want to call it and yes it does not have to be syndicate. But the idea was to have same objectives but as teamwork with no contraband items or special abilities. I feel like 3 people with different department access and what not can achieve more than 1 person with 20 TC and its probably more fun.

I agree with you, totally.

It offers troublemakers that can legitimately (no self antag rule breaking) break law and not be EoCs. 

For example, I would add some objectives that would make them repeatedly in trouble, for example, planting some item/paper/wallpaper in each department or head office which could result in break in charges to several places.

But yes, we totally need antags that aren't instant Perma/KoS when caught/confirmed.

• Like 1