Randomize character when rolling antag (optional preference)

Alriac

The idea is to have a preference in the character that randomizes it when you roll antag to avoid recognition.
For example, my security officer character seems very suspicius when he has a warrant in every round that is not a sec officer.
And I know some characters that are usually antags when they have certain jobs.

I think its easy to code, if the current code for the regular character randomization can be used in the middle of the antag rolling process or after it happened.

• Like 4

While I'd like this, I'd also like the option to selectively choose which characters can be what antags, rather than have it be a global preference.

• Like 3

Yeah i am up for "if antag is rolled, you get certain character" 

I think there should be an option that allows you to choose one of your character for antag preferences. So i dont have to choose between trying to get an antag and playing my nonantag character. It will also allow  to get cling or vamp even if you selected ipc character for roundstart.

• Like 3

It sounds cool to code automatically chosing X character to play when you roll antag  BUT.

Imagine I make a character "Not a placeholder"

Now, Xann Zxiax is never antag. 

But whenever you see not a placeholder character you would know that it is indeed antag, cuz it was always antag, there was no round when "not a placeholder" was normal crew member

Now imagine someone plays security, we'll call his character "definitely not shitcurity"

Now  definitely not shitcurity  would know after playing for a while that "not a placeholder" is always an antag

I guess I just wanted to say that it would encourage metagamming if you swap to certain character whenever you roll antag. You'd need to randomize look/race/name of the character, then it's fine. But I don't think that's what you want

Edited by BottomQuark

46 minutes ago, BottomQuark said:

It sounds cool to code automatically chosing X character to play when you roll antag  BUT.

Imagine I make a character "Not a placeholder"

Now, Xann Zxiax is never antag. 

But whenever you see not a placeholder character you would know that it is indeed antag, cuz it was always antag, there was no round when "not a placeholder" was normal crew member

Now imagine someone plays security, we'll call his character "definitely not shitcurity"

Now  definitely not shitcurity  would know after playing for a while that "not a placeholder" is always an antag

I guess I just wanted to say that it would encourage metagamming if you swap to certain character whenever you roll antag. You'd need to randomize look/race/name of the character, then it's fine. But I don't think that's what you want

True, but... Most people will have same character, and if anyone had two different chars for antag and not, would you really know that? And is it really a bigger metaproblem than me as a hop announcing codewords roundstart and walking around with syndi balloon? 

Even right now, most of the time i play mindshielded personnel and if i am suddenly an engineer or a doctor - most likely i am a traitor. How many people had known that? I guess zero.

Therefore i dont think that will make it any worse

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use