Rideable Cyborgs port from TG

Cazdon

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/23440
Easily my favorite feature on TG is the ability for crew to ride on cyborgs. I want to try and port this feature myself, but considering it was added to TG over 2 years ago, it begged the question as to if this was already attempted.

I'm making this post to gauge staff and player feelings on the subject. If people don't like it, or it can't/won't be approved for balance or for being too LRP or whatever the case is, I'd like to know before trying to port this feature. Thank you for your time!

• Like 1

This is amazing and we should port it immediately. I never realized until now how much I've wished I could ride a borgo bud into battle. Just think, sec could have it's own Calvary detachment, the Nanotrasen Mounted Police. We'd just need to sprite some little Mountie hats. Bonus points if the station pets can also ride the borgs.

• stunbaton 1

We already have a few items and vehicles on the station but they're either job restricted or only gotten by the trader. I'm with McRamon, too memey in the long term.

2 hours ago, Gaty said:

I also think this could be quite useful, But I would suggest it being some kind of upgrade.

This is a great idea, that way borgs could choose to opt in or not. 

Porting components require a certain amount of skills. I don't believe anyone's attempted porting it over. I personally don't mind having the rideable component. I've always dreamed of riding on a horse and running down traitors with my couched spear.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kinnikonnie said:

@Cazdon You just want an emaggable greytide borg right?

Are you telling me there's someone that wouldn't want their own personal, ride-able, E-Sword machine?

Aren't borgs slower than crew? Is not that useful, but i think it would be nice.

5 hours ago, Ansari said:

Porting components require a certain amount of skills. I don't believe anyone's attempted porting it over. I personally don't mind having the rideable component. I've always dreamed of riding on a horse and running down traitors with my couched spear.

M&B13 coming

Problem is, 9 out of 10 times people would ride their metafriend cyborgBaround station shouting WEEEEE WOOOOO

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use