Advanced health scanner HUDs

Coul

I'd like to add an item that works like a HUD upgrade that allows you to get a more detailed insight on examine when it comes to health status, mainly just which limbs are damaged for starters and possibly how much damage. Not as detailed as an upgraded health analyzer but enough information to help quick treatment and patching of someone using a trauma kit or other items. CMO would get this round start and science could research it around the same time if not the exact same time as they unlock the IMS

Thoughts and Ideas?

Edited by Coul

Hmm. It would really depend on how it looked - it might be a bit annoying to see that every time you're examining someone. If it's details about every limb, upper/lower body and head, thats 7 extra lines or so per examine.

It would be nice to have a advanced healthhud for the CMO and as a generic upgrade, as NV MedHuds aren't really that useful for medbay. 

If it could be expandable somehow, that'd be neat. So if you examined, you'd get the normal detail but could click a button to receive the 'detailed' info. Or perhaps make it as simple as a HUD button that allows you to turn the advanced scanning on/off. 

• Like 1

I'd like it to work kinda like HUDglasses where you can view comment log, but I guess in this case it'd be viewing advanced medical information of the person you're examining.

11 hours ago, Coul said:

I'd like it to work kinda like HUDglasses where you can view comment log, but I guess in this case it'd be viewing advanced medical information of the person you're examining.

I had a thought - close to the topic - of having the medscanner to automatically tag triage icons that are visible by the medical HUD. Mimicing irl triage cards, big coloured things applied to the chest, that say usually A, B or C depening on the urgency of the patient in question, as of triaging somebody is a time-consuming task. While scanning is space is quick, the flow of events is such that triaging over and over again, and remembering the queue can be hard. So the space version of triage cards would be automatically applied by the med scanner and visible as HUD icon next to the scanned character. Code-wise that could work with hard thresholds in damage points and virocode effects. To remove the tag, or change the status according to the treatment, you could just scan them again. So in short, a visual aid for doing the triage, when you have to do it continuously whenever medbay gets overcrowded.

That could be a quick-to-use, moderately good feature for an upgrade - though, to have the desired effect (better situation awareness for doctors) they all need the HUD upgrade for that. Also the code that would decide the hudstatus on scanning might be hard to do so, that the automatic triagetags were accurate. I was going to try tinkering around this myself, but work got me busy so that I'll have tough time until I can go back learning with the sechud PR I had.

Edited by Regular Joe

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use