Issue with Necaladun

Scorpio_Wrangler

Admin Key:Necaladun
Your ckey :Scorpio_Wrangler
Your Discord name :BreadLord

Date of incident :7/31/2019

Nature of complaint: Clarification required, feedback, other

Brief description: Complained about an issue, Insulted, told to stop insults, stopped insulting, talked about issue due to it continuing, issue with admin started.

Full description of events: I was playing as a Borg (Cha.OS) when issue started, a player who was traitor and was doing a hijack had a holoparasite, I was with traitor when holoparasite began not following orders and got me and the traitor killed, it appears whoever the holoparasite was lied about playing it before/ that they were good at it. I complained and insulted, Head of Staff(Necaladun) told me to stop, I tried to explain the reason for my insults and the issue(Admin Pms), they said "did I stutter? I said stop." I stopped the insults due to this. later after the event the traitor and multiple other people complained and insulted, I complained but didn't insult and still got told to stop. Next round started and I became the wizard, I gained my spells, specifically the deck of cards(holoparasite), I was asking if they played it before and they would not say if they had or not, I had to use Looc to talk to them instead of IC due to them RPing the situation, Necaladun bumped into the looc conversation saying why does it matter, I explained that I do not want to get killed or have them killed because they are new to the role, I didn't state this next part but I wish I had because I believe it would have helped him understand the situation, I wished to know so I could teach him how to play holoparasite so he doesnt get killed or me killed in combat. I ignored the question for now and continued to do my thing, I died moments later from no assistance from my holoparasite, round ended and I complained about my holoparasite doing nothing to help, he apologised and I apologised back for complaining due to understanding his issue(had wrong thing selected due to lag). Next round I was Cha.OS again, I do my normal routine, I meet up with the traitor from the start and we talk, I state over looc "By the way, you need to use looc to ask if your holoparasite knows how to play or not, in IC they will just RP and say they are programmed to know how to play" moments later I get banned for "Your salt about holoparasites is getting pathetic now. Take a day off and get over it.. " This is not a ban report, this isn't suppose to be a ban report, this is to resolve his issue with me and my complaints about holoparasites. One issue I would like solved more than any other at the moment would be why would he not have a conversation about the issue instead of kicking me from it. I apologize if this appears like a ban report and if it should be worded differently please tell me. If I can do anything to help resolve his issue with me I would be glad to help out with it.

• Salt 2

Admin's version of events:

Scorpio_Wrangler insulted a player for being "dumb" and "stupid", and was told to knock off the insults. 

(ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Shaft Miner)->Scorpio_Wrangler/(Johnny Ragnarok): Seriously, knock off calling people dumb/stupid etc.)

His response showed me he was  missing the point entirely about the insults. 

ADMIN: PM: Scorpio_Wrangler/(Johnny Ragnarok)->Necaladun/(Shaft Miner): why? are you saying I cannot tell people why they were bad? or what people should do? They don't have to lissten to me.

ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Shaft Miner)->Scorpio_Wrangler/(Johnny Ragnarok): I'm saying, stop calling people dumb, stupid, or other insults in OOC ways.

He continued to salt in deadchat, and was eventually muted from it so that people could talk about something else, and he could perhaps get some time to cool off.

DEADCHAT: Scorpio_Wrangler/(Johnny Ragnarok) (214,129,1): so , for anybody who is new or just new to a role etirely, look at the damn wiki before you do it or durring. just saying, it will make it so ya do not spoil otherpeoples play.

DEADCHAT: Scorpio_Wrangler/(Johnny Ragnarok) (14,246,2): I don't know why new people keep taking important or rare roles 

The next roundstart, in OOC, he continued to salt, not getting the hint. Sick of the salt, I instructed him to drop it.

ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Necaladun)->Scorpio_Wrangler/(Scorpio_Wrangler): Enough. Drop it.

ADMIN: PM: Scorpio_Wrangler/(Scorpio_Wrangler)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): he lied though, yes he failed, thats normal but he LIED. Even the traitor said he lied!

ADMIN: PM: Necaladun/(Necaladun)->Scorpio_Wrangler/(Scorpio_Wrangler): Did I stutter? Drop it.

ADMIN: PM: Scorpio_Wrangler/(Scorpio_Wrangler)->Necaladun/(Necaladun): fine, but you arent understanding

The next round, as a wizard, he summoned a holoparasite. He then asked, ICly:

SAY: Scorpio_Wrangler/(Marasmus) (147,220,2): do you know how to play the role and or have you played it before

Funnily enough, this was another admin, who was playing the holoparasite, who attempted to respond ICly:

SAY: Dovydas12345/(Taurus Orange) (0,0,0): (GUARDIAN to Scorpio_Wrangler/(Marasmus)) It is a yes since we all holoparasites are programmed to be good at it

After moving onto LOOC, he asked:

LOOC: Scorpio_Wrangler/(Marasmus) (147,218,2): seriously have you played parasite before

LOOC: Scorpio_Wrangler/(Marasmus) (147,218,2): do not lie to me

Unfortunatly I hit LOOC instead of asay, and said:

LOOC: Necaladun/(Uriel) (147,220,2): DO NOTL IE TO ME

Scorpio then claims he wanted to teach the holoparasite. I don't really believe he wanted to teach them for the sake of making the server better at all, but for his own sake. 

Wizard round then goes on, with Scorpio dying in a few minutes. He attempted to blame the holoparasite for this, who apologised for hitting the wrong intent in OOC the next round - as well as other players pointing out that once you hit -200, the holoparasite dies and is unable to further help.

The next round came across, and he continued to salt.

OOC: Scorpio_Wrangler/(Marasmus) (111,136,1): MY GUARDIAN LIED

OOC: Scorpio_Wrangler/(Marasmus) (111,136,1): MY GUARDIAN LIED AGAIN

LOOC: Scorpio_Wrangler/(Cha.OS) (157,122,1): by the way, make sure to Looc your holoparasites or they will say they are good due to RP reasons.

LOOC: Scorpio_Wrangler/(Cha.OS) (157,122,1): learned that the hard way.

At this point, I hit him with the dayban.

Admin's reasoning for actions:

This is the kind of player that drives away nice people. His attitude is utterly toxic, and goes against the ideals of the server. 

The other player (The traitor from the first round, who had the newbie holoparasite), took it upon themselves to ahelp the next round:

ADMIN: Adminhelp: redacted/(redacted): Sorry about the insulting. Guess the salt didn't quite wear off yet.

This showed me that mature people are able to acknowledge wrongdoing  - we had a nice chat afterwards about mentorship and helping other players.

In comparison, Scorpio_Wrangler showed a lack of emotional maturity and control. Considering he had already been shown to break the rules in the past multiple times, I believed he needed a bit of a break to cool off, and the server would be better off without him for a day. Someone who gets this angry about a 2d spessmen game and sees no problem with personally insulting people over it should not be welcome here.

Acknowledgement of wrongdoing or disputing of:

The only wrongdoing here is that I did not act sooner or harsher when someone breaks as many rules as he did (Listening to admins, maintaining a respectful environment, roleplaying standards) - especially considering the numerous outbursts he's had previously. 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Your ckey (Byond username): Tarhalindur
Your Discord name (if applicable): N/A

Involvment in incident: I was the holopara tator doing hijack, mentioned in the beginning of the complaint.

Agreement/disagreement with described events: While I did have some salt over having my hijack round fucked because of a newbie holopara, incompetence isn't really bannable (unless it's malicious). You deliberately insulted people and refused to stop until asked twice, and then dragged the holopara salt into something completely unrelated. Your complaint is faulty, and I believe it has no merit.

Also, it's just a dayban. It's not that bad.

• 4 weeks later...

I see no wrongdoing by Neca here.

• If an admin tells you to stop doing something, you must stop doing it.
  • A dayban is quite lenient as a punishment for failing to follow admin instructions.
  • You need to accept the fact that new / less skilled players exist, and you may end up with one as your holopara. Don't yell at people or demand that you only get experienced/good holoparas. You are not entitled to that.

Moving to resolved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use