Abydos2 Complaint

DerpehBoi

Admin(s) Key: abydos2
Your ckey (Byond username): DerpehBoi
Your Discord name (if applicable): D a n c i n#1865

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 7/18/2019 00:37:36 MST

Nature of complaint: Incompetence, lack of communication.
(Select all that apply: EG - clarification required, misapplication of rules, misconduct, abuse of powers, feedback, other)
Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint: 

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): Fails to communicate and shows inability to assess basic details.

Full description of events: As QM i decided i was going to have some fun and have cargo wear horse masks/shout obvious nonsense. This was all non harmful and didnt lead to anything bad. In the middle of this i got a bwoink from abby saying "you are starting to cross the line". After this i tried to discuss with them for more details on to the exact things i was doing wrong so i know what i should avoid in the future. Instead of having a conversation with me they proceeded to ban me claiming i was trying to "troll" and "failing to acknowledge what i did was wrong". They have resorted to insta bans before for others and have argued with another thinking they were a complete different joba. As far as i can see this shows incompetence at the job and a major lack of communication

Edited by DerpehBoi
added the time

Full ban reason:

As the QM, decided to troll the station in his attempts at being "humourous". Some choice quotes: "ALL MY CARGONIANS MUST NOW WEAR HORSE MASKAS" "I KILLED ATMOS TECH WITH MY MAGIC WAND" "THE POPO HELP THE POPO HAS ME" "I CAN SPEAK CAPTAIN I AM COMDOM" "ALL ORDERS WILL NOW REQUIRE FOUR PAGES OF PAPERWORK. SIX PAGES FOR INDIVIDUAL ITEMS QUESTIONS WILL INCLUDE AGE, GENDER, AND FEELINGS TOWARDS HORSE IPC PEOPLE" "CARGONIA WILL BE HANDING OUT GUNS FOR THE REVOLUTION AGAINST NERDS" Very low roleplay. When contacted by an admin refused to see anything that he did as wrong. You may explain yourself on the forums after reading our rules.

You've been previously warned for things like calling yourself "P.O.O.P.S.T.A.I.N" as an AI, and copypasting Yoshikage Kira's introduction from JJBA's Diamond is Unbreakable in a priority announcement.

I don't see any failure to communicate here - the chatlogs from Abydos2 are as follows:

Abydos2: Alright, you're starting to push the line with this stuff.

DerpehBoi: alright. its all a joke but sure

Abydos2: Nothing of what you are doing is seen as a "joke". You are literally abusing your position as QM to force all cargo techs to wear horse masks and troll about.

Abydos2: None of this is "Roleplay". This is just you trolling.

DerpehBoi: i was just trying to be humourous not troll

DerpehBoi: sorry

Abydos2: You are not ADDING to the round or being humourous. Why is ANY of what you said humourous? "ALL MY CARGONIANS MUST NOW WEAR HORSE MASKAS" "I KILLED ATMOS TECH WITH MY MAGIC WAND" "THE POPO" "HELP THE POPO HAS ME" "I CAN SPEAK CAPTAIN I AM COMDOM" "ALL ORDERS WILL NOW REQUIRE FOUR PAGES OF PAPERWORK. SIX PAGES FOR INDIVIDUAL ITEMSQUESTIONS WILL INCLUDE AGE, GENDER, AND FEELINGS TOWARDS HORSE IPC PEOPLE" " CARGONIA WILL BE HANDING OUT GUNS FOR THE REVOLUTION AGAINST NERDS"

DerpehBoi: i wasnt trying to troll is the thing. i was simply trying to be funny. if i was harming others rounds then that wasnt on purpose. but as far as i see it i didnt do anything completely wrong. can you describe to me the details of what i did exactly

Aby did indeed communicate with you. 

I'm not sure at all how any of this indicates "incompetence" - while most other players would be warned to knock off the immature sillyness, you've already been warned for that repeatedly in the past. 

If you don't see a problem with the way you were acting, I'm not sure what to tell you - but it is not the admins responsibility to teach you how to be mature.

Complaint is without merit.

• Like 1

• Abydos locked this topic