Change the way uplink items are loaded. - recode suggestion

EmanTheAlmighty

As of now, the uplink items are loaded based on the current gamemode.

I have tried two times to change this, and make it so it is based upon the type of uplink you're using instead, but I've always failed.

Does anybody else think it'd be a good idea? The uplinks themselves already have a variable to say which type of uplink it is (so traitor, nuclear, etc), so you'd think it would be fairly easy to do.

I would like if it this happened because this way, if an admin decides they want to spawn nuclear operatives on a traitor round, their uplinks can have the actual nuclear ops items while the traitors will still be limited to the traitor items, and viceversa. If the items weren't generated based on the gamemode but rather on the uplink itself, it would give admins more possibilities for events.

Best solution would be to datumize antags starting with traitor and then check the user of the uplink for the antag datum, wouldn’t be the easiest and would be a HUGE refactor but would be the best for future antag role handling as well

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use