Give purpose to currency

TheSpoonyCroy

I really want to start a pit fighting club with gambling however money has no real purpose. The problem is money has really no meaning since people treat this more like communism. I think supply orders should cost money so if you are a sec officer ordering you can take from the sec budget or personal funds. Maybe have more of a incentive to use money and to earn it.

I think supply orders should cost money so if you are a sec officer ordering you can take from the sec budget or personal funds.

Ahahaha, nope.

Many problems with this. For one, RP should never really be forced. Unless the money system was significantly streamlined it would be extremely tedious/time consuming, making cargo more useless/underused. If you want that kind of "RP" head over to Baystation.

There are also problems with antags and emergencies...ect

FJ43 wrote:

Ahahaha, nope.

Many problems with this. For one, RP should never really be forced. Unless the money system was significantly streamlined it would be extremely tedious/time consuming, making cargo more useless/underused. If you want that kind of "RP" head over to Baystation.

Well I think this could open up alot more rp opportunities and set some traitor goals since the Hop has a console right next to his office that manages all the accounts. It is like atms since no one ever uses it since there is no real purpose to cash.

Please read my reply again.

I have...... I was saying besides the new rp stuff it can easily add new goals for traitors for like end the game with 20k in your account or steal all money from Department's budget . There are already those scanners which aren't used much since there is no point to getting money.

Those traitor goals would be unfun and too easy. Who the hell is going to check each account for money they shouldn't have every round?

I say again, RP SHOULD NOT BE FORCED. Having to screw around with account details is not my version of fun or RP. Imagine if to change jobs or get extra access you had to add an entire correct form with everything filled out and a stamp? (The machine wouldn't work without it) How unfun/broken would that be?

Eh, I've encountered people that roleplay with money. I don't mind it from time to time and it was cool to pay extra cash to the botanist to get the good stuff or recieve dirty money from the bartender for supplying him with reagents for his drinks.

But making it necessary would be annoying. Paperwork is enough I think hah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use