Queen of Terror Nesting should not alert AI

MrMagolor

When a queen of Terror nests, it breaks the camera, thus alerting the AI.

This makes queen/princess terror start nigh-impossible if engineering is proactive and places cameras in rooms without them (ie elec maint, turbine)

And even if you are in a room with no cameras when you nest, going into any room with vents and a camera gives the AI the ability to instantly see where you are.

I'm fine with the AI being able to see that a camera is destroyed via intuition, just not instantly getting an alarm.

(End salt-induced suggestion)

Queens have to nest before they can lay eggs.

When they nest, they emit a screech.

This screech breaks lights/cameras near them.

The intention is that by automatically breaking nearby cameras, it stops the AI instantly tracking them down by the 'locate on camera' option.

Obviously, if their screech breaking cameras generates an instant alarm for the AI, that's a bug. It shouldn't be doing that.

26 minutes ago, Kyet said:

Queens have to nest before they can lay eggs.

When they nest, they emit a screech.

This screech breaks lights/cameras near them.

The intention is that by automatically breaking nearby cameras, it stops the AI instantly tracking them down by the 'locate on camera' option.

Obviously, if their screech breaking cameras generates an instant alarm for the AI, that's a bug. It shouldn't be doing that.

I mean, I can't think of another reason why somehow immediately after using the nesting ability, I saw an engiborg come up not long after.

2 minutes ago, White In Sky said:

The engiborg was probably trying to do its job.. and repair the broken parts from the screech.

Still, the fact that it could detect the camera alarm to begin with, is, if what Kyet's saying is true, a bug.

Having just tested this:

1. Queen screech does not trigger alarms.
  2. Physically smashing the camera to bits (attacking it until it totally deconstructs) though, DOES trigger alarms. I think this is fine.

3 hours ago, Kyet said:

Having just tested this:

1. Queen screech does not trigger alarms.
  2. Physically smashing the camera to bits (attacking it until it totally deconstructs) though, DOES trigger alarms. I think this is fine.

That's a bit confusing then: unless both chargers at robotics were full, I can't think of any reason why an engiborg would head to elec maint so coincidentally with my using nest. The camera was constructed after round-start though, but I doubt that makes a difference.

On the other hand, I did spawn in cryo, within eyesight of a civilian: is it possible that the engiborg was just going to check elec maint to see if I fled there?

Edited by MrMagolor
added note

Electrical maint is one of the most common spots for terrors, xenos, etc.

Its quite likely the engiborg just checked it out of habit, rather than them having any specific idea you were there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use