On Vouches:

necaladun

Over the past few years, we've asked in some appeals for people to get a "vouch" from another server.

This isn't official policy and how it works may be different from appeal to appeal. Any information in this post is a general guide, and may vary with your appeal or situation. The intent of this post is just to give some clarity to how it "usually" works and cover some FAQs.

Which server(s)?

We generally prefer a servers where the rules and environment are closer to ours, but this depends on the ban in question. A HRP server might be good for LRP style play and bans, for instance. In general it doesn't matter a huge amount, although it should be a relatively long-term and decent playercount server - not one your friend hosted, obviously. English-Language servers are also generally needed for ease of communication with the admins there.

Lifeweb is absolutely, however, not one.

How do I get a vouch?

The admins on the server in question may be willing to message one of ours, or we can contact them ourselves to ask. This is generally pretty simple - we ask them if you have been a good boy or not while over there. The response is generally pretty straightforward and obvious - if you haven't been banned or run into issues there, you'll be fine.

Remember being insistent or rude about it is a very bad idea.

What should a vouch include?

Generally all we care about is you were able to follow the rules for whatever time, without getting a bad reputation. If you played on another server in that time and have 0 notes, bans, and the admins don't even recognize your name, that's pretty much perfect (Assuming you played a decent amount of hours.).

How do I get a vouch from Paradise for another server that asked me to?

Just throw an ahelp in round, or a discord message. Contacting a headmin is usually best as we have easy access to directly message the station you're asking about.

This whole system is stupid and you're stupid for doing it!

We've found it works pretty well, and is a good solution for when we're on the fence about whether or not you'll be able to follow the rules again once unbanned. It also gives us a bit of a break from you. It's seen decent success rates, so we're likely to continue using it....but IMO some admins might overuse it a bit, and might want to tone that down.

Discord message me with other questions if you have them, and I might get around to adding them here.

• Like 1
  • Salt 1

• BryanR locked this topic