EXPERIMENTOR

Eldrin-Kanthos

From what I have gathered, the experimentor seems to have just random chances....to do what? The only results really listed on the wiki are a lot of harmful ones. I just played a shift where it would just break the strange object or send me to medbay.....or breach the hull. None of which seemed useful or fun.

I suggest we rework it's results, or maybe remove it.

• Like 1

When you insert a strange object there's a special little option that pops up on the EXPERIMENTOR for it. Are you selecting that or just using the usual buttons for it? 

That said, I agree the use of the EXPERIMENTOR is generally pointless at best. 

From what I have seen and done with it, I can tell you it DOES have an apparent purpose but a dangerous one at that.

Firstly, if you insert a Strange Object into the machine the ONLY button you should press is "Discover". It should not destroy the strange object, even during a failure, but it can still fail and potentially harm you in a number of ways.

Secondly, it appears to be able to generate tech levels based on the item you put in it. Overall it behaves somewhat like a destructive analyzer but with more emphasis on the "destructive" rather then the "analyzer" part.

All and all, however, it's extremely useless/dangerous outside of making those dangerous strange object toys which CAN kill you by either teleporting you OR if you see it say: "It's heating up" throw that thing and RUN.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use