Lava Land's lethality needs to be toned down

puzzleplate

So I was just playing on paradise when I saw a message from the AI:

NOTIFICATION:

Did you ever dream of advanture? Always wanted a change in your life? Bored? Want a job? Or just want to make a difference?

ENROLL INTO NT MINING CORP TODAY!

Miners are required for the station to prosper.
-F.I.R.E.W.A.L.L.

"Oh boy!" I thought, "a chance to go to the new mining station and explore!"

When I got there half the place was decompressed and an ash drake decided my round had to end.

This new 'update' to mining has really hurt the experience. How are you going to get people to play as a miner if they're just going to be cut down by an Ash Drake upon arrival? If anything this should just be a gateway option so that it doesn't effect the production of metal and raw materials. 

Edited by puzzleplate
google auto-corrected my title

18 minutes ago, puzzleplate said:

So I was just playing on paradise when I saw a message from the AI:

NOTIFICATION:

Did you ever dream of advanture? Always wanted a change in your life? Bored? Want a job? Or just want to make a difference?

ENROLL INTO NT MINING CORP TODAY!

Miners are required for the station to prosper.
-F.I.R.E.W.A.L.L.

"Oh boy!" I thought, "a chance to go to the new mining station and explore!"

When I got there half the place was decompressed and an ash drake decided my round had to end.

This new 'update' to mining has really hurt the experience. How are you going to get people to play as a miner if they're just going to be cut down by an Ash Drake upon arrival? If anything this should just be a gateway option so that it doesn't effect the production of metal and raw materials. 

The ashdrake was either lured or chased a miner back to the mining station. But lavaland's difficulty can be combated with things like goliath hide plates(?), ash drake bone armour, bone weapons (iirc bone axes do the same damage as a fireaxe), and other things.But I'm not gonna deny that it is unbelievably hard (at least for me) because of the fact that TG and paracode are pretty different, namely your bones don't get broken in one hit from a megafauna on TG, and paradise spessmen cant run as fast as TG spessmen.

i remember that round. the reason the AI gave that message is because literally all of mining died and we went like over half an hour without any minerals recieved from mining. this was very bad because to complete the station goal we needed 13 more bluespace crystals. as the chief engi i had taken all the BSC from science that i saw(7) and the rest was either used by science, or taken by someone else without me knowing. regardless, i needed 13 more for the BSA(station goal) and was unable to complete it because of this.

it feels like mining is no longer about mining most rounds and its about exploring and getting that loot loot loot. im not sure if this is because incentives are in the incorrect orders, or if miners just arent robust enough, or the code is that debilitating, or a combination of all three, but i find mining does not give enough resources most rounds. i do say most, because some rounds they give a very adequate supply.

tl;dr i agree

I also agree.

10 hours ago, Fursamie said:

The ashdrake was either lured or chased a miner back to the mining station. But lavaland's difficulty can be combated with things like goliath hide plates(?), ash drake bone armour, bone weapons (iirc bone axes do the same damage as a fireaxe), and other things.But I'm not gonna deny that it is unbelievably hard (at least for me) because of the fact that TG and paracode are pretty different, namely your bones don't get broken in one hit from a megafauna on TG, and paradise spessmen cant run as fast as TG spessmen.

Crafting most of those things requires being able to kill those critters in the first place. Also, from what I saw in the code, ash drakes have a chance to spawn randomly where any other lavaland critter does (except from a tendril of course)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use