Integration Changes

Kyet

Hey folks. Time for an update on our forum/ingame/discord integration.

There are two changes to be aware of, one happening today, one in a few days:

Forum accounts now require ingame link to be considered activated

InGame Verification (IE: click the link that you're given when you connect to the game) is now required for forum accounts.

If you haven't done it yet, you'll get some red text explaining how to do it. It should take less than a minute.

If you have already done it, you don't need to do it again.

The reason for this change is twofold. One is to improve forum security against spammers/bots/etc, the other is to ensure that (given forum email is not currently working) we have a way to verify someone's identity (their linked game account) if they need to reset their forum password (since we cannot currently rely on email-based password reset).

The 'Forum Verified' Discord group is going to be depreciated in a few days

The 'Forum Verified' Discord group is more or less a placeholder that I put in place during integration testing. I'd like to depreciate it and eventually maybe get rid of it altogether.

Currently, having this group grants only one thing: the ability to rename yourself in Discord. I need to move that permission to another group before I can consider retiring the group. So, in a few days, I plan to move that permission to the 'InGame Verified' group. Since most of you with the 'Forum Verified' group already have the 'InGame Verified' group as well, this won't make any difference for you - your permissions will be unchanged. Even most of the people who aren't InGame Verified at this moment will probably become so over the next week, since the forum is now requiring you to be InGame Verified anyway, and verifying for the forum gives you the same verification in Discord as well (so long as your forum/discord accounts are linked).

So, TL:DR version: if you haven't already, please click the 'LINK FORUM ACCOUNT' text in-game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use