Drake arts! Drakes, art!

Drakeven

An aaaaaaaaaart trade! Phoebe, nice purple hat. Keepin' an eye on those halls... I wonder what could be lurking around the corner. Probably nothing. Just another relaxing day outside bar...

Phoebe.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PhantasmicDream said:

I like how Vin(?) kinda looks done with everything and Sam(?) has this winning smile like they got away with something.

I can tell you from personal experience, you aren't too far off with your assumption.

• Like 1
  • explodyparrot 1

Eyyy. I love Greys. They're always a fun race to interact with. This one is ooooof Gemini! Ionward's character! They are QUITE a talented artist, so I was so glad to get an art trade with them. Heck. YEAH.

Ayyy_lamo.png

Edited by Drakeven
IonwaRd not Ionwad.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • explodyparrot 1

SO, I just spend 7 straight hours putting this together. I had possibly one of my favourite rounds, or at least my favourite involving an AI, yesterday night as CE. It was a custom event, a meteor shower, and then a Giant ass meteor heading towards Sec. So, as you can imagine, as CE, I had my hands... quite full... with trying to deal with everything. I got cargo to order as many meteor shields as their shuttle could carry, and tried my best to organize my WONDERFUL engineers into action. They were great.

So, we managed to patch up the station with some help from CC, and sec opened up the giant ass meteor stuck in their armory to reveal an ash drake. But, it's my job to repair the damage AFTER it is done, so I didn't get involved much.

However, the highlight of the game was when the starting AI stopped... well, working. It was still present, but it didn't wipe itself. So the RD had to make a new one, and a plucky little scientist volunteered- Ava. So they took out her brain and stuck it in an AI core, and brought it to upload, much closer to bridge.

I had finished with most of the repairs that needed doing, and I'd never really... talked with an AI much, as I've never had the luxury of being actually in the same room as them (much). So I decided to talk, and I knew Ava was quite a good conversationalist.

It got... pretty philosophical. At first I actually thought you could take the brain back out of the AI, but after trying to do that 'decommission (try every tool you know of to de-construct it then realize you can't and just harm-welder it to death0 the previous AI, I realized it wasn't actually possible to go back to ones fleshy organic form after you get AI'd. Ava slowly turned from their normal Vulpy self to something much more synthetic, which was fun to role-play out. Asking what would happen if they had different laws, they being unable to give any sort of opinion if they wanted their laws changed or not, just finding out the limits there were being an AI after the freedom of being a crew-member. Ava questioned if Giki would decommission her like she did the other AI, and some other pretty hard question. Perhaps the most major thing is that you're not getting payed anymore, and you become less of a crew-member and more of an object. Laws also influence you, so you could never be sure if you're actually you anymore or not... It's pretty spooky if you think about it, and quite a unique problem to the usual 'Non-post-organic AI'.

Anyway, at the end when the shuttle was called, I asked the RD if i could add a new law. Law 15- "You are still the Vulp you once were, don't forget that." or something to that degree, so Ava could still hold on to that personality of hers without being overcome by the torrent of synthetic signals and directives. Though an Ion law came in right after saying 'You need week berries to survive but we... fixed that.

ANYWAY it was a TERRIFIC round and honestly I'm so glad I stayed up way past a reasonable hour to play it.

Ava is best Vulpai.

Vulp_in_a_box.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • fastparrot 1

Art so good it makes you re-activate your account, come back from the dead, and set it as your profile pic.  

Thank you to Drake for the RP round, rare as AI. (And Giki for keeping me company, best Vox). It was amazingly fun to play AI with a little more personality (not that there's any escape from AI DOOR of course) and having someone as talented as Drake to RP with was excellent.  

And then the art. I've already said my piece on discord with ya, but yeah. Awestruck. I don't know what I was expecting when you said you wanted to draw something, but this absolutely blew me away. Thank you so, so much!

And remember, eat your berries to survive. Beep boop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Qur! The warbling Skrell that makes me love the fact we have a sound for that emote every time I encounter them. GOOD STUFF. She's adorable.

warbble2.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • explodyparrot 2

A commission done for Torque, two move posters, that I made up... uh, there's probably some spelling mistakes, but heck, here you go!

hICP2.png

Poster 1.png

• Like 8
  • fastparrot 1
  • explodyparrot 1

Bleeee!

Drakeven is a great artist and a great player! It's not often you find someone super friendly and super talented. Give them a heap of praise! *nod

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This helpful CC Grey gave me the parts to make a BSA as CE, so we could fight those pesky Syndicate Comms agents!... And maybe also blow a hole though the escape shuttle. A tiny. Little hole.

And then gib myself next shift with the new engine delivery system.

I'm a competent CE, I promise.

In all honesty @necaladun's Invisi-grey is really neat, and only SLIGHTLY terrifying when re-educating a HoP with an energy sword.

Maybe a bit more than slightly.

NOT sigma because I'm not a Greysist..png

• Like 6
  • explodyparrot 2

Enjoyable art, thanks! I like reading your art thread, as well as the arts threads in general, it’s great that some will capture the beloved space persons to pictures.

Can’t help myself from nerding on the hebrew spelling, have it

אוּרִיאֵל

reading ’uuriel’ from right to left, so it’s all correct, while what you’ve got there is besides the writing direction already quite fine!

Edited by Regular Joe
  • Like 2

You know that thing where you spray mist or water over laser beams to reveal their positions? 

Imagine that but with an invisible grey instead. Muahahahaha

• angryeyes 2
  • honk 1

A little drawing I did for @Raven171. We've had a small (not small) RP going on for a while and I decided to draw the characters. A morally questionable Skrell called Volqix and a green ex-officer called Samantha. I like them!

Syndieships.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • explodyparrot 1

5 hours ago, Kinnikonnie said:

These are so nice. Also they are always so friendly. Do you have anything a little darker as well?

Hmmn, maybe~!

On 8/28/2019 at 8:10 AM, Drakeven said:

NOT sigma because I'm not a Greysist..png

My head canon for Uriel is that he has a terrible combover under that beret, as when he's not wearing a hat of some kind, and just has his headset on, it REALLLLLLY looks like a really bad midlife crisis dad combover. Got the pleasure of talking to him for an extended period and the moment i noticed it....what was seen, cannot be unseen....

Edited by BlackDog
  • Like 1

The newly wed Dee Jenkins, a real fun person to be around, who also might murder you horribly. But they've got a nice personality!

(gosh I'm lazy with backgrounds :^) )

Dee.png

• Like 5
  • explodyparrot 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use