Drake arts! Drakes, art!

Drakeven

Gosh, there's so many amazing artists here, I thought I'd plonk down my work too. As you can see by my profile picture I've doodled my girl, Jay. (Jay 'Justine' Chase, I went with 'Justine Case' first, but then I realised having a pun for a name is a bad trait for a long term character... And everyone kept mistaking her for a guy.) She's a smilie human who's a bit bland, but tries her best. I really like starting items, and after a few tries, I found that the flat cap and the old scarf I realised that they fit together quite well. If I wrote a backstory for her it would probably come from one of her parents.

Anyhow, I hope you like it! I hope to be posting a lot more art here, this is a very good game to draw, so many different characters and shenanigans... If you ever find Jay in game, if we happen to have a fun exchange just give me a message, I might as well draw up your character hanging out with her!

I hope you all like it anyhow, I'm hoping to improve as time goes on.

Jay_Chase.png

• Like 10
  • fastparrot 2

Annnnd another one. I wanted to make sure I had to pieces to show off before I made a thread, to show the first one wasn't a lucky break.

This one is of Iris Cooper, the CMO/Surgeon who taught Jay how to doctor, and stuff. Their player was really helpful and taught me a lot of things that turned out to be useful in the chaos that erupted in the later round. They're heckin' cool and I'm glad I got to draw them.

Iris Rose Cooper.png

• Like 6
  • fastparrot 1

Who is it? It's my favourite IPC! Torque! They taught me how nonchalant IPCs are about death, and how cool engineering is. *Bweep *Bwoop *BUZZ

torque.png

• Like 9
  • fastparrot 2

I hope I can meet you in game soon. Currently I'm having quite some struggles and battles with intense lag 😛. You should find mocha he's basically a chaos magnet and it's really fun to see him get in lots of troubles. 

Edited by DerpehBoi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's! Zeke! Your favourite drunk Skrell. PhantasmicDream was kind enough to do an art trade with me, so this is my part! They did such a good job! Ah! I hope you like it, Dream.

Zeke.thumb.png.22ff5db683de117419fac425aea002bf.png

Edited by Drakeven
Noticed some mistakes in the picture, fixed it up!
  • Like 4
  • explodyparrot 1

Kikeri!!! FOOOR @gangelwaefre ... I just realized I can tag people. That's neat! Anyway, I've had a ton of nice interactions with Kikeri, she's a real nice character and her actions are so... descriptive, I suppose. Cute. This is a moment I had with her while we were building a BSA (that we couldn't test-fire before the shuttle launch because of that TROUBLESOME CE 😠 ) and then I accidentally threw myself into space. Kikeri showed me how to save myself, by throwing things, and then when I got back I see her wandering around in space around the BSA.

Vox. With their pressure-suit skin and everything... Gosh, they're  neat. It's going to be hard to decide between Vox and Slimepeople when I do try and get a race... Vox are real cute, but also, *squish

Kikeri.png

• Like 3
  • fastparrot 1

6 hours ago, Drakeven said:

Kikeri!!! FOOOR @gangelwaefre ... I just realized I can tag people. That's neat! Anyway, I've had a ton of nice interactions with Kikeri, she's a real nice character and her actions are so... descriptive, I suppose. Cute. This is a moment I had with her while we were building a BSA (that we couldn't test-fire before the shuttle launch because of that TROUBLESOME CE 😠 ) and then I accidentally threw myself into space. Kikeri showed me how to save myself, by throwing things, and then when I got back I see her wandering around in space around the BSA.

Vox. With their pressure-suit skin and everything... Gosh, they're  neat. It's going to be hard to decide between Vox and Slimepeople when I do try and get a race... Vox are real cute, but also, *squish

Kikeri.png

Yaya is very goodsies

• Like 1

Dayana Shaffer! Very good slimeperson.  My first round as HoS was eventful, but I managed to hold it together... That is until I had a troublesome Doctor asking if I wanted to get any implants. Well, obviously I wanted to try out those neat new Non-drop and rebooter things, but I was suspicious. We had no brig doc. So, I decided I'd get a PAI to watch over me. Great idea. (Not great)

So, I get my implants and go to get some surgery.

Apparently I got an extra implant free of charge. That PAI didn't... help much... She said these words as I got back up, missing that green flashy 'Mindsheild' of mine.

So my first round of HoS was also my first round being Mindslaved. Go figure. Fantastic work by Day though, she managed to play me like a damn fiddle, and I helped her win by calling the warden in and watching as she gunned them down in cold, slimy, blood.

*squish

(She also mind-slaved me again like one round later to the tune of Rock the Casbar. Apparently I'm that easy.)

squish.thumb.png.e413843ffc0215c7a7f2c50ecc78ed3c.png

Edited by Drakeven
Added a bit more to the story~!
  • Like 4
  • fastparrot 1
  • explodyparrot 1

1 hour ago, Drakeven said:

Dayana Shaffer! Very good slimeperson.  My first round as HoS was eventful, but I managed to hold it together... That is until I had a troublesome Doctor asking if I wanted to get any implants. Well, obviously I wanted to try out those neat new Non-drop and rebooter things, but I was suspicious. We had no brig doc. So, I decided I'd get a PAI to watch over me. Great idea. (Not great)

So, I get my implants and go to get some surgery.

Apparently I got an extra implant free of charge. That PAI didn't... help much... She said these words as I got back up, missing that green flashy 'Mindsheild' of mine.

So my first round of HoS was also my first round being Mindslaved. Go figure. Fantastic work by Day though, she managed to play me like a damn fiddle, and I helped her win by calling the warden in and watching as she gunned them down in cold, slimy, blood.

*squish

(She also mind-slaved me again like one round later to the tune of Rock the Casbar. Apparently I'm that easy.)

squish.thumb.png.e413843ffc0215c7a7f2c50ecc78ed3c.png

Reminds me of the time i managed to mindslave the most gulllible person on Bay....
Hueh

• Like 1
  • explodyparrot 1

Tried doing something new! I was thinking of getting into spriting, so I picked up myself a pixel program and gave it a test run, this time with Ratika! Who is a very good NT rep and cares for their PAIs well. It was neat to do, and I think I've got a handle on things now, though I hear the process for making sprites for beyond is a lot... more complicated.... BUT I guess now I don't have to learn about the program I use, and I know that I can pixel without it looking like a COMPLETE mess. There's some things I'd like to improve on, like layer management and such, but all in all I think this came out pretty well...

Smolvoxiegoodvoxie.gif

• Like 5

According to Bay, Aurora and the occasional CM, voxes are meant to be cannon fodder/amusement targets, and not highly respected members of spess ships or stations.

Naturally, those fellas are cluwnes and heretics, as they've never owned a pet vox.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 1:29 PM, TheClosetMailman said:

According to Bay, Aurora and the occasional CM, voxes are meant to be cannon fodder/amusement targets, and not highly respected members of spess ships or stations.

Naturally, those fellas are cluwnes and heretics, as they've never owned a pet vox.

Bold of you to assume the NT rep is respected.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fursamie said:

Bold of you to assume the NT rep is respected.

What do you think NT Rep stands for? NT repsected...

that's how you spell it right

• honk 3

A picture for FROGBOT, one heck of a nice IPC.

It was my first game a Plasma experimenter, and I wanted to learn how to blow things up. The person who taught me, I knew from some engineering shinanigains. They were really eagar to help and showed me... the start of how to set things up. Cool down the oxygen, where to put it and all that. Then came time to actually mix the Oxygen and plasma. 33/66. It... wasn't working for some reason. And for some other reason, it was really cold. I should've noticed that was because of the Oxygen leaking, but I didn't until it was too late and we opened the plasma. Obviously we had a flood and I... well, nearly died. The IPC took me to medbay, and the AI got atmos to Toxins. We went back and tried again, got further than we did last time, but the IPC accidentally unhooked a pipe again, but there wasn't that much plasma left so it didn't really show up visually... So, I was dying and I couldn't tell the IPC why, and they just kept on with their business until they noticed me dying. We... were not very good Toxin Scientists.

Luckily I got saved by a cute vulp with x-ray vision.

gas.thumb.png.fae60a17f962ae47d4a0fc2dc02916e6.png

• Like 3
  • explodyparrot 1

4 hours ago, Drakeven said:

It was my first game a Plasma experimenter, and I wanted to learn how to blow things up. The person who taught me, I knew from some engineering shinanigains. They were really eagar to help and showed me... the start of how to set things up. Cool down the oxygen, where to put it and all that. Then came time to actually mix the Oxygen and plasma. 33/66. It... wasn't working for some reason. And for some other reason, it was really cold. I should've noticed that was because of the Oxygen leaking, but I didn't until it was too late and we opened the plasma. Obviously we had a flood and I... well, nearly died. The IPC took me to medbay, and the AI got atmos to Toxins. We went back and tried again, got further than we did last time, but the IPC accidentally unhooked a pipe again, but there wasn't that much plasma left so it didn't really show up visually... So, I was dying and I couldn't tell the IPC why, and they just kept on with their business until they noticed me dying. We... were not very good Toxin Scientists.

Was that the explosion i heard last night? (i was in genetics and me and my partner heard a boom. He investigated and came back saying "it was nothing"

• Like 1

my quality hasn't been great of late, probably because I've been so busy playing... But, here's my favorite Lizboi, Srusu. They're always a pleasure to play with, and they're a preeetty good traitor too, heh.

Lizboi.thumb.png.625c90b2b4eb2534eda7b07f262e9488.png

• Like 6

On 6/28/2019 at 10:38 PM, DerpehBoi said:

Was that the explosion i heard last night? (i was in genetics and me and my partner heard a boom. He investigated and came back saying "it was nothing"

Oh, and probably not, it was certainly something. There was no boom either, just gas.

love the art! if you ever want any pixel art tips (i don't have any miracle tips) hit me up, but i'm digging the drawn and pixel-ed art!

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 10:04 PM, Drakeven said:

my quality hasn't been great of late, probably because I've been so busy playing... But, here's my favorite Lizboi, Srusu. They're always a pleasure to play with, and they're a preeetty good traitor too, heh.

Lizboi.thumb.png.625c90b2b4eb2534eda7b07f262e9488.png

I can't believe I forgot to reply to this! Sorry about that! I can be a bit forgetful at times, but anyways! As always wonderful work! And for your traitor compliment, I will say the round you mindslaved Srusu was both one of the most nerve wracking traitor rounds ive had, BUT also the Funnest ones ive ever had! I'm not the only good traitor here! You're really good yourself!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use