Wages

DerpehBoi

Its pretty simple (at least in concept I dont know about coding it), every department gets a certain amount of cash every five minutes. Civilians get $5, Service get $7.5, Supply get $9, Legal gets $9 Medical get $11, Engineering gets $13, Research gets $15, Security get $17.5, and command gets $20. They can be balanced but basically its higher importance = more cash per interval (5 minutes). I think this would be easier then having to risk wasting all your money on a slot machine.

• Like 1

It'd be an interesting concept and one that I'd support if credits actually had more use than it currently does beyond getting stuff dispensed from vendors and the discussion of persistent economy has already taken place with the general consensus being that it'll provide an unfair advantage to individuals who are able to dedicate more time to the game than individuals who are unable to along with the ever wonderful category of people who will find a way to game the system and abuse it (see "This is why we can't have nice things.")

Otherwise there's really little risk to gambling your credits away and if you really do need more you can get them through more illicit means. Though it isn't required for you to have them and its more of a convenience thing.

Yeah but this would be only for the round. Every round your money resets. Also the main reason I thought this up is because when traders come its hard to buy stuff. I really just want some way to get more funds.

I really like this idea, because it keeps credits non-persistent and as flavor. I think to make things a little more lore friendly, it should be framed as a "performance bonus" instead of as wages (many NT employees are probably more like indentured servants than salaried workers).

Instead of a time based system, we could also allow heads to grant performance bonuses from their computer. The time the crew member has spent on the station determines the max amount of performance bonus they can award each individual crew member. That way if you haven't been doing your job, you still won't get the money.

40 minutes ago, Tayswift said:

I really like this idea, because it keeps credits non-persistent and as flavor. I think to make things a little more lore friendly, it should be framed as a "performance bonus" instead of as wages (many NT employees are probably more like indentured servants than salaried workers).

Instead of a time based system, we could also allow heads to grant performance bonuses from their computer. The time the crew member has spent on the station determines the max amount of performance bonus they can award each individual crew member. That way if you haven't been doing your job, you still won't get the money.

Sounds quite interesting to me. I think that heads should be able to choose an amount from department funds (this gives department funds an actual purpose other than aesthetic.) Each head can only take from their department funds. Each head can also only give funds to those in their respective department. And for the captain's funds he gets paid 15% of each fund amount whenever a department earns said funds (the original department gets 100% worth still that way they get full pay but the captain only receives a portion). And finally add more ways to get department funds due to there being few ways. More ways relating to job progress eg each gold slime created along with a $250 pay to department funds every 10 minutes in case the goals are being struggled with.

Edited by DerpehBoi

Yuuuup. Would love to see somebody gamble all their cash away and then turned semi-hobo asking for little penny and live around the maint. And maybe this could make Cargo a bit worth and fun doing their job should the crates not only demands supply point but also credits. Or literally anything really, even Bartender charging the drinks. I'd be very interest to see how each of players play their way with their credits so to see people won't feel that lazy anymore where you can just get anything you want from the vendors or whatsoever with the current cash system.

• 4 weeks later...

id support this if it your cash persisted through out rounds. its really stupid how you're basically guaranteed to win jackpot if you just keep playing over and over and over, and no one IC thinks 'oh ill just gamble and not work and be totally set'. if that was the case, Crown would just gamble every round as a civilian, take the money home, then move far far away from this god awful station to become a farmer with his family.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use