Nanotrasen 'Presidential' Elections - The Coup

Rebel0

N.S.S Cyberiad, 5/4/2263 - "The Coup"

Nanotrasen's new 'Democratic Experiment', hosted by Admiral Bush, took place aboard the N.S.S Cyberiad. Candidates for president included: Fillmoore Greyson, Boris Sankinov, Kete Wawakari as well as a few others.
First, the candidates had to be SHOT by Admiral Bush before they gave their election speeches to instill a sense of 'freedom' and showing the 'right to bear arms'.

While the candidates were dying, still giving their speeches, Boris snuck off to unfairly heal his wounds put his plan into action. That of vote rigging.

Boris submitted three votes for himself using different pens and different font sizes/types. On top of that Kete and one other also voted for Boris.

However - Fillmoore won by one vote. While angry at first, Boris let it subside as he was made Vice President due to Fillmoore's VP not being present after the election. A devilish idea came to Boris. 

If democracy had failed him - he would make democracy fail.

Stage one. A fax.
image.png.c7d3ad359051a21845847a643d8b0060.png

Stage one consisted of a fax to the U.S.S.P requesting support to overthrow the Captain subtly. This fax was received. And approved.

Stage two. A plan
 image.png.dd30ea22fe2e14f4553ae02e58b0628b.png

Stage two consisted of gathering three men together to execute Boris' take over. Darren, Andrew and Dustin. Ministers of the Red Army, Interior and the General Secretary - with Boris as their Premier. However, Boris was found out. Dustin had been a TURNCOAT! While arming himself in a mech, waiting for the infamous lines of "Red Dawn" to be uttered - Dustin informed command of Boris' plans during their meeting. Boris was detained, demoted and was to stand trail for his attempt at a coup.

When suddenly the next stage came. Unexpectedly, a song blared as an explosion went off.

HELL MARCH

Stage three. EXECUTION

image.png.9b4984a3f9beb53173db7461a9cb70bf.png

A U.S.S.P strike force hit the bridge and began to destroy the station one piece at a time with Mauler mechs. Boris was freed as to escape. In an attempt to link up with his comrades, Boris grabbed the hand teleporter and beamed himself to the bridge. Where then he was shot by his fellow comrades 'rescued'. It took the combined might of Nanotrasen's Death Squad and a entire platoon of Sol-Gov Marines to destroy the planned attack.

The last words uttered by the mad Space Russian were: "COMRADES! IT IS YOUR NEW PREMIER!"

Such is life.

• Like 1

I got to watch this round, from the eyes of Darren Elderson who was the other vote for Boris. (My son's account, I was sitting next to him, round went kinda late for him, but meh was weekend.) He had a blast, though, thought I'd add that. It was fun to watch.

• Like 1

Additionally Vox raiders Traders came during all this to sell wares, but once the coup was announced, the Vox were told to protect their valued trading partner, NT, and were given some powerful arms.

They cleared out all the mechs in escape, but unfortunately it was too late, and they were caught in the nuclear explosion a few minutes later while trying to retreat.

I was an traitor that round and was unable to become president (That was my objective), so I attempted to kidnap Sep (Who was captain at the time) for some good ol fashion "Meet my demands or i kill person blah blah" a security guard caught me, i had to kill the security guard, i eventually broke back onto bridge after evading sec, i proceeded to murder Grand Admiral Bush, die, get cloned for trial, Krow saved my ass by slipping sec, got into a few more fights, died again and got cremated. Heck. I WANTED TO WORK WITH YOU GUYS BUT I DIED AND AAAAA.

Edited by Easju
Spelling Error.

Being one of the lucky handful to claim a six shooter and cowboy hat in front of the bridge, I was honored to later become one of the Space Texas Rangers. We assembled our posse and were ready to bring law back to the frontier. However, our first meeting with our leader, Boron, made it very apparent that our true purpose was to stage a coup to detain Fillmoore and bring order to the whole station. We were given all access and armed ourselves with R&D's finest implements. Though I opted to keep my Big Iron over any fancy lasers, I ended up accepting a riot shotgun in case things could be settled without bloodshed. Our gang rode out to the bridge and attended a meeting in the Captain's Office. Tensions were high as Fillmoore began accusing our leader of the treason we were about to commit. As everyone nervously hovered hands over their chosen armaments, Boris spilled the beans on his own devious plot. They moved to arrest him and immediately after we heard a crash on the bridge. The U.S.S.P. strike force stormed the office with mechs and we were forced to retreat to the teleporter only to end up back on the bridge. I fanned the hammer on a mech, to no avail, and fell victim to Boris the Traitor. He batoned me before falling to his own wounds and the syndicate bomb went off, ending us both.

After that I returned as a Deathsquad Member piloting a mech and realized just how many factions were in play as I gunned them all down until the nuke went off.

Good times. 

• Like 1

That was a glorious round!  And sorry Boris, had your VP *Me* been there you probably would've won.  I wasn't able to make it because I was in the process of being abducted by a nerdy Easju.  I hope you can forgive me.  (Sadly he ran into a Sec officer the moment he got the cuffs on, and man I was hoping he would've made it into maint for memes, but alas.  Nerds will be nerds *chuckle) 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh god, that was an AMAZING ROUND. You forgot to mention the Texas Rangers! I swear, it was as if EVERY faction was there! Rangers, Russians, SolGov, NanoTrasen, Democracy, etcetera. That was possibly one of my most favorite shifts... love it!

• fastparrot 2

Was a great shift. One of those fine examples of how players in a event can make it turn a very random direction. I went in thinking I wouldn't get elected, bringing the values of Crewmocracy to the stand. Somehow Greytide liked that and voted me in ((Even when the polls were rigged by two of the candidates))

My first order of business was to establish the Rangers... I didn't even know they would betray me. When Sepulchre said he was glad he was retiring I forced him out of retirement to be the secretary of Defense... Job name Forced Out of Retirement. When a syndicate killed the nanotrasen officer the crew voted to wage war with Syndicate, and wage war we did. While I was doing my duties the Vice president handed a very suspicious document to me and founded a Red Guard. I knew it would endanger democracy to have such a political party, but I had no proof to act on until one of the party members ratted out Boris. But the investigation was cut short by the USSP attack. With Sepulchre's help we disabled two mechs and killed their pilots, then we retreated to SEC to be met by Solgov. The battle was tough, and Deathsquad had stepped onto the field. I would eventually die in my office after requesting a nuke which would detonate shortly after.

Good times fellas. 10/10 would die before letting democracy fall... Space Ronald Reagan would've been proud

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use