Mutiny

Veloxi

Priority Announcement

Admiral Vasiliev paid me bribe of 1,000,000 credits to look the other way while the "Diplomats" sow discord amongst species on the NSS Cyberiad. He said it's OK for them to work the fields as long as they know who owns the plantation. Well, that 1,000,000 is now your bounty to collect each and every one of these motherfuckers, and put them in perma until the shuttle arrives so we can ship them back where they came from. This is OUR Cyberiad, and we respect EVERY and ALL species. Say 'For Nanotrasen!' on the Common radio if you agree and accept your share of our 1,000,000 credit bounty!
-Katlyn Hudson (Captain)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Veloxi said:

Priority Announcement

Admiral Vasiliev paid me bribe of 1,000,000 credits to look the other way while the "Diplomats" sow discord amongst species on the NSS Cyberiad. He said it's OK for them to work the fields as long as they know who owns the plantation. Well, that 1,000,000 is now your bounty to collect each and every one of these motherfuckers, and put them in perma until the shuttle arrives so we can ship them back where they came from. This is OUR Cyberiad, and we respect EVERY and ALL species. Say 'For Nanotrasen!' on the Common radio if you agree and accept your share of our 1,000,000 credit bounty!
-Katlyn Hudson (Captain)

Captain proceeds to be arrested and Nanotrasen orders an execution for ‘mutiny’

Such is the life of a Captain trying to do the right thing.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rebel0 said:

Captain proceeds to be arrested and Nanotrasen orders an execution for ‘mutiny’

Such is the life of a Captain trying to do the right thing.

Hard to have a conscience and be the Captain of a high-tech research space station owned by a Galactic MegaCorp with dubious moral standards.

That said, it was amazing to see how many crew members resisted Nanotrasen's orders, both passively and actively.
Especially in the face of an amoral AI programmed to "minimize the expense" of anybody who stood with the Captain.

I was really disappointed to see this round end.
It was *just* reaching the point where the whole crew was being asked to make meaningful character decisions.

So my feedback to the admins working on this event:

Make Things Happen Faster

Get the Diplomats to the station sooner.
Push the Diplomats to be more aggressive in stating their demands in the initial meeting.
Get the Diplomats out to "meet their people" sooner.

Ensure Easy Translation

One of the tricky points of the initial meeting was that everybody spoke only in their own language.
This made for good role-play, but made the meeting feel like slogging through mud; a single borg needing to translate for every diplomat.
Again, speed ... make it happen faster.
Provide a bigger meeting space (maybe a custom holodeck program?) and a translator/ally for each diplomat.

Diverse Representation

Originally, there were four diplomats: Human, Clown, Slime, and Machine
Fillmoore and Meex decided Vulps needed representation too, which was pretty cool RP.
However, I wouldn't be surprised if Vox, Unathi, Plasmaman, or Drask complain about lack of representation in some future round.
If the station is too low-pop to support ~10 diplomats, it might be better to announce that diplomats X, Y, and Z were delayed and could not make the meeting.
That way the other races don't feel left out; IC they had representation, but for technical difficulties.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use