List of upgradable items on the station

Abydos

Not a lot of scientists when they are doing RnD and then doing upgrades around the station seem to understand what exactly they CAN upgrade, so this is a little list with all the locations of upgradable items that you can shoot with your BRPE or with your screwdriver and RPE (Will update later with parts of each machine). They'll be split between their departments and sub-areas within them:

Science

RnD:

Protolathe - Effects: Allows the protolathe to hold more materials and lowers the cost anything made in the protolathe (Example: Super Matter Bin which is 200 metal, will suddenly be 80 metal. 800 for 10, instead of 2000 for 10.)

Circuit creator - Effects: Allows it to hold more materials and lowers the cost of anything made in the circuit creator (Example: Any board will cost 400 glass instead of 1000 glass.)

Analyzer - Effects: Supposed to make it so you can reach higher levels easier / waste less items needed for research, doubt this still applies.

Any other machines you can make from theses machines can also be upgraded, so an autolathe, exosuit, ect.

Robotics:

Exosuit Fabs - Effects: Faster creation, more material space, less cost of items.

Circuit Creator - See RnD

Mech Chargers - Effects: Faster battery charging

Cyborg Rechargers - Effects: Not only does this allow the cyborg to charge faster, with the top upgrades, it allows faster re-construction of cyborg items (Such as cable coil) AND gives them self-repair while they are inside. This will also effect IPCs or Drones.

Toxins:

Freezer - Effects: Allows the cooling (Or heating) of gases at a much quicker rate. So you can go from 20c to -200c in about 10 seconds as compared to a minute. Can even make gases go lower (or higher) then the standard limits.

Testing Lab:

E.X.P.E.R.I-MENTOR - Effects: Lowers the chance of negative / bad events happening when picking certain options.

Science Chemicals:

Chem Dispensers - Effects: More energy / battery, faster recharge of the energy / battery, and unlocks some new pre-made chemicals such as Ash, Oil, Dipeh, ect.

Chemical Heater - Effects: Quicker heating of chemicals.

Chem Masters - Effects: Not sure exactly what this does. Best to skip it.

Xenobiology:

Slime Processor - Effects: Instead of 1 slime core for 1 slime, you'll get multiple slime cores from 1 slime.

Monkey recycler - Effects: Within the basics, it takes multiple dead monkeys to achieve 1 monkey, meaning you have to waste those for only a single return. With upgrades, you get multiple monkeys from 1 dead.

Services:

Hydroponics:

Biogenerator - Effects: Lowers the cost of items made in it, and allows more points from plants put inside.

Seed Extractor - Effects: Makes more and multiple seeds from one plant (So if one plant would give you say 5 seeds, an upgraded extractor could give you up to 15).

DNA Extractor - Effects: Higher chance of successfully removing or implanting genetic traits from one plant/seed to another.

Planters - Effects: Allows more water / nutrients to be held, rarely used and often considered a waste of resources as you'd need to upgrade 19 of them.

Kitchen:

Food Processor / Grill / Microwaves / Oven / Deep Fryer / Candy Maker - Effects: Makes multiple food items from the upgraded machine (Up to 4 pizzas or more instead of just 1)

Bar:

Booze / Soda dispensers - Effects: Unlocks new drinks for the bartender to use, including antihol.

Medical:

Chemistry:

Chem Dispensers - See Science Chemicals

Chemical Heaters - See Science Chemicals

Chem Masters - See Science Chemicals

Examination Room / Surgeries / Morgue:

Sleepers - Effects: Allows doctors to inject more chemicals into a person (Standard is 20, upgrades can allow up to 80).

Body Scanners - Effects: Allows a much more deeper and stronger scan on a person, used to show syndicate implants; no longer the case.

Cryo:

Cryotubes - Effects: Allows quicker injection of cryomix (In theory / supposed, dunno if actually works)

Freezer - See Toxins.

Cloning:

Cloning Scanner - Effects: Allows a better scan of the person and with the proper upgrades, will allow auto-processing to be turned on. If you scan a person before death or throw a dead body into the scanner, if they can be cloned or die somewhere among the station, the cloner will automatically know and start the cloning process without you having to scan and manually start it.

Cloning Pod - Effects: Standard cloning pods come out with people needing to be thrown into a cyro pod, given mannitol and a mutadon / clean SE, as well as a long waiting time up to 5 minutes. Upgraded cloning pods remove those effects, fully upgraded cloning pods allow a person to be cloned in a short amount of time with NO side-effects or needing to be put into cryo.

Cyrotube - Effects: See cryo

Freezer - See Toxins.

Geneticist:

DNA modifier - Effects: Allows quicker, more exact radiations on a person, and better scanning at allowing powers to be found quicker with a higher chance of activating.

Engineering:

Mechanic:

Pod Fab - Effects: More material holding space, less cost of items, quicker build speed.

Engineering lobby:

Cyborg Recharger - See Robotics.

Atmospherics:

Freezers - Effects: See Toxins, often considered a waste as you have to upgrade multiple ones and rarely used by atmo-techs.

Supply

Mail Room:

Ore Redemption Machine (ORM) - Effects: Allows more points per mined materials, allowing miners to buy mining equipment easier. More usable materials from less ore.

Cargo Lobby:

Autolathe - Effects: Allows more materials to be held, quicker item creation time (practically instantly), less cost of resources.

Security:

Brig Medical Bay:

Sleeper - Effects: See Examination Room

Any machines that the brig doctor decided to make / asks for help in making. From body scanners to cyropods.

Security Pod Pilot:

Pod Fab - Effects: See Mechanic

Permabrig: (Note: Probably avoid this if people are in there)

Biogenerator - Effects: See Hydroponics

Seed Extractor - Effects: See Hydroponics

Public Areas:

Gardens:

Biogenerator - Effects: See Hydroponics

Seed Extractor - Effects: See Hydroponics

Holodorms Bathroom:

Cyborg Recharger - Effects: See Robotics

Edited by Abydos

1 hour ago, Abydos said:

Body Scanners - Effects: Allows a much more deeper and stronger scan on a person, allowing you to find / detect syndicate implants such as hidden storage implants, holoparasites, bombs, ect.

This is actually just a common myth.  Syndicate implants and holo-parasites are never detected by body scanners.

The code lists implant that it can detect: 

var/known_implants = list(/obj/item/implant/chem, /obj/item/implant/death_alarm, /obj/item/implant/mindshield,/obj/item/implant/tracking, /obj/item/implant/health)

Those are the only implants it can ever detect, there's no code to add syndicate implants when it's upgraded. Note that cybernetic implants that are installed surgically like Anti-drop or X-ray are considered organs by the code, so it will always detect those and list them as organs.  As near as I can tell, upgrading the scanning module does nothing.

Edited by EvadableMoxie

1 hour ago, Abydos said:

Ore Redemption Machine (ORM) - Effects: Allows more points per mined materials, allowing miners to buy mining equipment easier.

it also makes each ore give more material.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abydos said:

DNA Extractor - Effects: Higher chance of successfully removing or implanting genetic traits from one plant/seed to another.

I think the chance is always 100%. Upgrading just makes so you can extract better genes. An unupgraded DNA Extractor can only right a gene for 50 potency, as an exemple, even if you're using a 90 potency seed. 

Took a look at the code and it does not seem like upgrading medical scanners does anything. Also for cryo apparently it changes the heat capacity of something. It uses the heat capacity in a formula to determine occupant temp, I think it makes the occupant temperature lower, but didn't check the math. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uaKO91GvNV_pXgekG8fs5V802aQczhRA/view?usp=sharing

My personal list to get you started. The post mats already includes the above. I gloss over some addition to make it semi-clean numbers for printing stock parts. I'm also missing dorms cyborg recharger and I think one more thing but at that point borgos can just get fat batteries from robotics.

Edited by Jazz

Also if you want to be complete there are a some things missing. Turbine can be upgraded, as can plasma generators and SMES. Also recycler, teleporter, holopad, thou i'm not sure if it's helpful. .

Like I said, I left out some things that either aren't worth it or I haven't bothered to add them (most likely still not really worth it). Also I left out the teleporter cause its kinda sketch to upgrade that (unless your RD). But yea that list was to get you started on a real list.

• 2 months later...

If the ChemMaster 3000 has better beakers installed, it'll allow you to put a lot more chems inside for making pills/bottles/patches with instead of the maximum of 100 units.

Edited by John_bigless
E

Upgrading Body Scanners in medical (used to at least, don't know about now) allowed you to identify objects embedded or implanted in the body. At base level, it will just mark an UNKNOWN, for things from shrapnel and bullets to loyalty implants and cortical stacks. Not the most useful thing, but certainly helps prevent a new(ish) doctor from ripping out an Officer's loyalty implant and getting them all harassed by security for why the sacred green dot was turned off.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use