Comrades List of Traitor Item Ideas

Lonelyspaceman

Do you smell it? That smell. A kind of smelly smell. A smelly smell that smells...smelly. SUGGESTIONS!

On a more Serious Note I felt like thinking of some Traitor items and because I actually do not intend to spam suggestions to death I contained all of em in one list. Alright lets begin!

Reverse Russian Revolver - 2 Tc - Functions and looks like the normal russian revolver but comes with 5 loaded chambers instead of one. Perfect for duelling your target at the bar, just make sure to convince them to go first. (And god have mercy on your soul if he survives the first round.)

“Never trust a member of the syndicate to play fairly, especially in matters of life and death.”

Madder Dog Hot Sauce - 2 Tc - The hottest Hot Sauce to exist in the universe. It is in fact hot enough to ignite anyone ingesting it on fire. (And make them scream a lot. (Bonus points if they get a giant red message that is even bigger than the OH SHIT ANTS one)). Can be used to put a drop of it into food to make the food just as hot (and dangerous).

“Categorised as a chemical weapon in over 30 different planets.”

Fake floor Tile - 2 Tc - Looks exactly like a floor tile, but is in reality a piece of painted cardboard. Anyone stepping on it trips and breaks the tile. (At least I think there's enough space between a floor tile and the floor below to get your foot stuck in it if you were to go through the floor suddenly. I mean the smugglers satchel fits there.) Best used to prep a meeting place.

“These rarely ever get traced back to a syndicate agent as clowns love to do the same thing.” (Man imagine if anyone could actually do this with some cardboard and a crayon)

Martial Mopping Scroll - Janitor Only - 12 Tc - Teaches you the Art of “Mop Fu”. As long as you have a Mop in your hand you gain a bunch of abilities:

• Instantly wet any floors by clicking on them with mop in hand
  • Deal extra damage with mop on people lying on the ground (Bonus points if he yells random messages like “SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO THE SIGN!”)
  • Natural immunity to slipping on wet floors
  • Maybe projectile deflection like Carp Fu? So the poor guy doesn’t just get shot while trying to look cool.

The counter to this would be 2 things:

• Literally just walking (As they will still be normal wet floors)
  • Anything with slip immunity Borgs.

Ps: You really just gotta imagine a madly laughing janitor spreading wetness everywhere while borgs run after him.

“An ancient art born from the need to fend off enraged people who didn’t read the sign.”

Bucket of Bluespace Paint - 2 Tc - Splash this onto any wall to paint a fake airlock onto it. Anyone trying to use it by running into it runs straight into the wall, sustaining minor brute damage and falling on the ground for a moment. Trying to use it by clicking on it will reveal its true nature as a wall painting. Can be cleaned like crayon drawings. (Omega Bonus points if you remove an actual Airlock and replace it with this)

“Someone faxed the syndicate that they should try being creative, now we can’t even trust our own doors anymore!”

Advanced Cardboard Cutout - 2 Tc - This Cutout is equipped with sensors that react to light. If shined on with light, after a short delay this cutout will teleport a short distance away and then proceed to self destruct, leaving no trace of its existence. The perfect tool to scare the station into believing the round is Shadowlings.

"I'm telling you man IT MOVED!"

That's it for now. May make another post in this thread later when I got a new batch of ideas in my head.

• Like 1
  • fastparrot 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there, it's me again with more suggestion. Bad news is its only two this time, good news is I improved the format a little bit by adding a "why" section where I talk about some background thoughts I have about the idea.

Box of Energy Shurikens - 6 Tc - A box filled with Energy Shurikens. Perfect for people who love throwing things. When thrown Energy Shurikens deal 20 Damage and embed upon hitting someone.

Why: Because it would be nice to have a proper high damage throwing weapon. It would kinda be the more expensive and stronger version of those syndicate cards.

“A reminder of the one time the syndicate worked together with the Spider clan.”

Rabies Shot - Scientist only - 6 Tc - An injector that when used on a simple mob turns it hostile after two minutes. Holds 5 Charges. It should be noted that the user of the injector is in no way safe from the wrath of the simple mobs, so best to get away fast.

Why: The basic idea behind this one is to have a traitor item made for xenobiologists. We all know how they love to sometimes spread massive amounts of neutral mobs through the station like space bears and the likes. Now imagine what chaos could unfold if these mobs suddenly turned hostile. Concerning sentient simple mobs, the injector could either outright refuse to inject them or the players would be told to go wild.

“Not the Bears!”

Edited by Lonelyspaceman
Increased Size of weirdly small Text
  • fastparrot 1

3 hours ago, Lonelyspaceman said:

Why: Because it would be nice to have a proper high damage throwing weapon. It would kinda be the more expensive and stronger version of those syndicate cards.

You...are aware that is already an item, right? Box of throwing weapons, 3 TC, comes with 5 throwing stars that are guaranteed to embed and 2 bolas. The stars even do exactly 20 damage.

• Thanks 1
  • honk 1

I swear I have read through the list of traitor items on the wiki so many times and somehow missed it every time. But hey if it's already in the game than at least that means it wasn't a bad idea.

Oh it wasn't on the wiki for some reason. I added it this morning after noticing it due to this thread.

13 hours ago, Lonelyspaceman said:

Rabies Shot - Scientist only - 6 Tc - An injector that when used on a simple mob turns it hostile after two minutes. Holds 5 Charges. It should be noted that the user of the injector is in no way safe from the wrath of the simple mobs, so best to get away fast.

Why: The basic idea behind this one is to have a traitor item made for xenobiologists. We all know how they love to sometimes spread massive amounts of neutral mobs through the station like space bears and the likes. Now imagine what chaos could unfold if these mobs suddenly turned hostile. Concerning sentient simple mobs, the injector could either outright refuse to inject them or the players would be told to go wild.

“Not the Bears!”

I don't know how gold extracts work on paradise these days, but on /tg/ they have this functionality built into them. 

When injected with plasma the extract will explode into hostile mobs after 3 seconds, giving you plenty of time to throw it like a grenade.

In abstract, releasing angry mobs is a good traitor gimmick, but i dont think it is feasible on paradise without hijack as the rules neuter antagonists too much and you would probably get beaned if your wumborian fugu crits Urist McGreyshirt.

This idea strongly reminds me  of the gorilla cubes traitor item on /tg/. Gorillas are  hilarious and strong simple mobs. They have a strong melee attack and hands which makes them a very fun target for sentience potion.

An idea that might be more paradise friendly might be a syndicate version of the /tg/ golden capture device(pokeball) that allows you to store a simple mob inside an item, this would then, when thrown release the mob at the impact site and cause it to aggro the closest player.

gorilla.png

Miners can busy pokeballs that hold simple mobs (probably all simple mobs, though I've only used them for mining mobs). They are meant to be used with lazarus injectors which revive a dead simple mob as a friendly mob, but if the injector is emagged, the resulting mob is hostile to everyone but you.

I don't think it would make much sense to make a separate traitor item for what's essentially the same gimmick (throw pokeballs that release hostile mobs).

Just now, TDS said:

Miners can busy pokeballs that hold simple mobs (probably all simple mobs, though I've only used them for mining mobs). They are meant to be used with lazarus injectors which revive a dead simple mob as a friendly mob, but if the injector is emagged, the resulting mob is hostile to everyone but you.

I don't think it would make much sense to make a separate traitor item for what's essentially the same gimmick (throw pokeballs that release hostile mobs).

That seems quite finicky though as well as requiring mining access and the ever so overused emag.

I still like my idea of the Pnuematic Stack Splitter for 6 tc.
Holds one full stack of items (like a 50 stack of rods or 60 stack of floor tiles) and shoots them out one at a time until empty.

Show them the true potential of floor tiles.

Edited by Pckables
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pckables said:

I still like my idea of the Pnuematic Stack Splitter for 6 tc.
Holds one full stack of items (like a 50 stack of rods or 60 stack of floor tiles) and shoots them out one at a time until empty.

Show them the true potential of floor tiles.

Always wanted this

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use