Anon messages you can send when you give someone Karma

Lonelyspaceman

Man I haven't made a suggestion in a while which just feels wrong.

So welcome to my newest suggestion: The Anon Karma Message System (Which you could try to call AKMS for short but let's be honest that just sounds terrible)

The basic idea is as simple as it sounded in the title: When you give someone karma, you will be given the option to send an anon message along with it, which you can use to tell the person how great they were that round, or maybe which great thing they did that caused you to give them karma. Basically something wholesome.

Also if anyone tries to abuse this to send anon unwholesome messages all you have to do is get an Admin on the case cause just like everything else chat related them anon messages won't be as anon to the Logs that Admins have access to (and hey you still get a karma point).

• Like 3

Administratively it would be a bit more for us to enforce, but it's a nice idea.

It would be a little canned, but a selection of prompts (pre-filled responses) would nip any potential issues in the butt (you could select roleplay, antag, helpful, etc., basically to let people know why you karma'd them).

• Like 2

Pre filled responses do have some interesting possibilities.

You could for example turn them into cagetories, track how many karma points of each category players have earned in a month and then combine it with some kinda monthly medal system. A player could for example get the monthly medal for "Best roleplayer" or "Best Antag". Probably also should have a pre select for anything not fitting the others.

Now I can see the danger of that turning into too much of a bragging material. But I am gonna assume that if someone gets enough karma together to earn a medal hes probably responsibly enough to not be arrogant about it.

Of course this is all just an idea (That is more like a seperate bonus idea for a possible variation of the actual suggestion) and in the end the admins with their community experience can probably judge better than me how some kind of medal would affect stuff.

• Like 1

From my POV a guy can say whatever the hell they want if they're giving me karma. If they say something constructive or nice that's dope but if they use it to OOCly tell me to neck myself cool lmao, get disregarded

If this encourages flamers to give karma just to say hateful things they just got reverse psyched anyway, thanks for the internet points

I don't think we should be too sensitive about filtering karma feedback.

Edited by KasparoVv
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just love this, however a lot of people think that giving karma takes one of theirs away, there should be a tutorial of some kind for it, and encourage people to spend apart from the tiny shuttle notice.

+1, Sounds great.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use