The Issues with Vulpkanin (They Make No Sense)

Medi

As a downsize to their sense of smell, you could add increased effects from stuff like pepper spray, also space cleaner being pretty good at blocking their sense of smell.

It would give the security vulps a "guard dog" feeling through them.

As for Tajaran, they already kinda see better in the dark, right?

I don't think they should be that similar, really.

They way Vulp sense of smell could work, could be an active ability (with a cooldown, obviously) that requires them to sniff something in order to gather semll data, something like a weaker version of an forensic scanner, but limited to only vague clues. Is something like that doable? 

@Shadeykins Any thoughts or input? Aside from 1, maybe 2, admins- no one seems to be giving input despite clear community support being present.

At least from a wiki stand-point we really haven't had any progress or at least no one seems interested to actually do anything. As far as in game changes there's been a lot of posturing but, again, no action.

On 4/27/2019 at 11:58 AM, Medi said:

@Shadeykins Any thoughts or input? Aside from 1, maybe 2, admins- no one seems to be giving input despite clear community support being present.

At least from a wiki stand-point we really haven't had any progress or at least no one seems interested to actually do anything. As far as in game changes there's been a lot of posturing but, again, no action.

From a wiki standpoint they're complete--the lore was rewritten with all the other lore.

If people come up with a cohesive writeup of lore that's better/more fitting and works with the existing lore (there are cross-references in our lore and a timeline), I don't see why we wouldn't implement it. Lore changes on that scale are not at my discretion however, they're a matter for headmins.

3 minutes ago, Shadeykins said:

From a wiki standpoint they're complete--the lore was rewritten with all the other lore.

If people come up with a cohesive writeup of lore that's better/more fitting and works with the existing lore (there are cross-references in our lore and a timeline), I don't see why we wouldn't implement it. Lore changes on that scale are not at my discretion however, they're a matter for headmins.

Challenge accepted, I will get back with you on that one. I don't want to Change so much as I want to mostly ADD to what we have wiki wise for the Vulps. That much won't change how they're viewed in game but it will be enough to definitely make them feel more unique when given more context and background.

If you do that, just try not to make it longer than other lore pages.

Part of the reason lore was rewritten was to curtail the huge amount of excess we had.

2 minutes ago, MamaFarthole said:

how can we draw the line at dog people when we have literal burning balls of fire that live in suits?!

I mean, Plasmamen are obscured by the potential that they were previously humans who are now suffering from a unique disease. Creates mystery while explaining their shape and disposition. Overall great writing.

• Like 1

the vulpkanin writing isn't bad either to be honest, none of the species are! but we have absolutely crazy characters running about, can't we just gloss over the fact that theres some dogs running around? 

23 hours ago, Medi said:

I mean, Plasmamen are obscured by the potential that they were previously humans who are now suffering from a unique disease. Creates mystery while explaining their shape and disposition. Overall great writing.

Not humans specifically (this was an earlier iteration of the lore), but a remnant species deserted on a planet for countless generations (their homeworld was likely a penal colony for an earlier spacefaring race).

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use