New Nukie Equipment

Leanfrog

Again, as with most of my other ideas I thought this up on the Discord.

Item name: Ballistic Shield

Folds to fit in you bag

While folded blocks 40% of incoming ballistic and melee attacks

While deployed takes up both hands

While deployed blocks 100% of ballistic projectiles and frontal melee attacks

0% resistance and block chance for energy weaponry (Crowd Control equipment exempt)

If possible add a 75% chance to block taser electrodes and disabler beams

The shield is also capable of shoving crew members and causing a short stun

When used to attack the shield does minor damage but does extra damage to currently stunned targets (something along the lines of "Donk op x crushes greytide under their shield")

The purpose of this would be to spice up the rather dull meta of "Order combat shotguns because energy weapons are pointless" of war ops and it would provide more challenge for the crew as they would have to actually strategize more.

Edited by Leanfrog
  • Like 1

i dont feel like people are going to take energy weapon instead of shotguns because some of the nukies can get said shield (which also makes operative unable to attack, which makes it quiet pointless). Making it blocking every projectile and introducing new tank playstyle to nukeops is better imho

Not reflecting energy shots is useless. one taser shot and youre done unless you got adrenals or shielded but even then you just got one of your few charges of your suit used or used up your adrenal AND got disarmed. desword has 100% energy reflect and 75% physical block with insane damage and high stun chance. This just doesn't even compare.I'd prefer 100% block of all projecticles and moderate chance of melee block for a more turtley-tank style of play. Make it have a bit of a slowdown too otherwise it'd be insane.

Updated once more, the shield if possible could have a high chance of blocking taser and disabler shots, discouraging use of them but still allowing them to potentially eliminate the threat.

As a side note this is meant to be more a purchase for the team and not the typical shit "one man army" nukie you see far too often, this is a team mission, having more support equipment would encourage working more effectively.

Edited by Leanfrog

6 hours ago, Leanfrog said:

Updated once more, the shield if possible could have a high chance of blocking taser and disabler shots, discouraging use of them but still allowing them to potentially eliminate the threat.

As a side note this is meant to be more a purchase for the team and not the typical shit "one man army" nukie you see far too often, this is a team mission, having more support equipment would encourage working more effectively.

Yeah I think that buff could work, it's an interesting change, combined with adrenals it's usable since you have good block chance against stuns and can use the adrenals when you do get stunned But generally team oriented stuff has to be REALLY good to even be worth using because the fact of the matter is that antags are selected completely randomly and the chance that other nukies are competent isn't high so it's just best to one man army and if other nukies are good they'll be doing the same and it works out.

Edited by SkeletalElite

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use