Give Kidan some love

Landerlow

Kindan is, lore-wise, an ant-like creature. It's also the least-played creature, I THINK. How about giving them some more ant-like benefits?

- Make them able to eat ant-infested food without taking damage.

- Unathi have the tail whip/slap, give ants the ability to do an ant-sting, inducing 10 burn damge . (OR perhaps: 10 toxin damage, OR 5/10 units of lithium (see wiki for lithium effects)) Ability could possibly have a cooldown.

- Make kidan able to eat bees. Ants, and moreso fire-ants, eat a variety of small animals. Make kidan immune to beesease.

- Ant colonies operate like a hive-mind. (not sure how to explain this). Give kidan an ability similar to Grey (telepathy), but only limited from kidan-to-kidan.

Of course, these are just thoughts. I just feel like the Kidan race should get some benefits.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Arac said:

Let rnd make kidan goggles so I can keep my pink eyes pls.

I think Moi has them coded but need sprites

1 hour ago, Landerlow said:

- Make them able to eat ant-infested food without taking damage.

Just because you're an ant doesn't mean you can eat ants without harm, I don't get the logic here.

Not really logic, just a mini-boon *shrug* .          That was mostly because I wanted to do something with the ants which are now added in the game. 

I think the Kidan do need some love. I've only ever seen two, three at da most. I would like to see more among the crew and some boons might do that. Also the ability to eat bees would stop Kyet's terror bee rampages.

• Like 1
  • clown 1

Make them able to eat ant-infested food without taking damage.

I was waiting for someone to make this suggestion. And it makes zero sense.

By this logic, Vulp should be immune to hellhounds and Tajarans immune to the panthers.

It doesn't work like that. Swallowing a bunch of ravenous space ants is going to be a bad idea no matter who you are.

• Thanks 1

Ey, it was just a thought *shrug . I don't care about that one. I know it doesn't make sense. But not everything in a game, in this game, has to make sense. Some things don't make sense. It happens.

But really though, but that's for another topic, ants need more .. impact?  I mean yeah they infest food but .. eh? What else do they do besides some dmaage if ingested?

19 minutes ago, Landerlow said:

Ey, it was just a thought *shrug . I don't care about that one. I know it doesn't make sense. But not everything in a game, in this game, has to make sense. Some things don't make sense. It happens.

But really though, but that's for another topic, ants need more .. impact?  I mean yeah they infest food but .. eh? What else do they do besides some dmaage if ingested?

Ant grenades. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use