New Job Idea "Health Inspector"

Lonelyspaceman

He is the worst enemy of any lazy cook or bartender and he's prepared to report even the smallest of health code violations! Enter: Health Inspector!

His areas of access would be Bar, kitchen (and maybe botany not sure about that one).

His job description? Enforce some basic hygienic standards. No food lying all over the floor and those blood stains on the kitchen floor better be cleaned up soon. Also the person you call for checking food left in random hallways for drugs.

Job specific traitor item would be a box of hyper active mouses that he can let loose to let them eat the entire kitchens storage (Or a lot of wires)

Now regarding any comparisons with the internal affairs agent, I think the health inspector job would be different enough to not overlap. Especially because the internal affairs agent is busy enough arguing with the heads about proper hiring/demotion procedures that he really doesn't have the time to check on food related service roles all the time.

I know the idea is still in its early stages so I would love some feedback on how to turn this into a paradise worthy job.

• Like 6

Give Service a Head, but without Head authority, like what the Quartermaster is to Cargo. Give Service... The Health Inspector. This hero to the station spawns with:

(1) clipboard

(1) reagent scanner

(1) health inspector's stamp

(1) fashionable suit, worn on spawn.

Check food for drugs. Walk around the Kitchen with Harm intent and obstruct the chef. Hold the authority to fire Bartenders, Chefs and Botanists. Ensure that the Botanists are growing FOOD (not nothing but food, but at least SOME food). Form a love/hate relationship with the chef. Have blood feuds over whether or not the chef should cook 'healthy' food.

HoP is still your boss.

• Like 1

Given that ants have been added, this would actually be a cool addition. 

Far too many times has the HOP been too busy/stuck in their office to actually enforce any sort of law on Service. So, I’m all for some kind of role that does that!

• Like 1

lmao thats hilarious - have health inspectors inspect medbay too and give them the authority to shut it down until its cleaned if there's blood all over the floor

(that would be all the time though so rip)

• Like 1
  • explodyparrot 1

would be nice though to have a role that provides oversight over service departments, without being too micromanaging etc. HoP doesn't get into it usually because of lines or traitorism, and IAA are usually either disinterested as well, or dont understand how to enforce SOP, or no one cares what IAA say

• Like 1

Hey, this sounds fun.

On 4/1/2019 at 7:51 PM, LuKat said:

Give Service a Head, but without Head authority, like what the Quartermaster is to Cargo. Give Service... The Health Inspector. This hero to the station spawns with:

(1) clipboard

(1) reagent scanner

(1) health inspector's stamp

(1) fashionable suit, worn on spawn.

Check food for drugs. Walk around the Kitchen with Harm intent and obstruct the chef. Hold the authority to fire Bartenders, Chefs and Botanists. Ensure that the Botanists are growing FOOD (not nothing but food, but at least SOME food). Form a love/hate relationship with the chef. Have blood feuds over whether or not the chef should cook 'healthy' food.

HoP is still your boss.

A kind of QM for the service, yeah. A commander of the force fighting the source of (almost) all evil, that is shit. Hereby profanely referring to dirt, litter, garbage, waste and all other kinds of stuff that is either inusable, disgusting, irritating or inefficient and is caused by the service department (of course there are other sources of shit, but they should have their departmental inquisitors already), be it litter on floor or litter on food or litter between some janitor's, botanist's, chef's or bartender's ears to somehow be litter instead of doing it right.

A hermeneutical study on some (1) spaceman's thoughts says, that 48% of on-board shit happening has their primus motor on station being dirty, food's being poisoned, botanists doing unruly or traitorous things (never trust a botanist) or people spending their time on bar intoxicating themselves (though that might not make bartender the one to blame). These here are referred as shit. While the other 50% of bad stuff are of greytide, and 2% of enemy activity (percentages totally not altered, our station is safe, always), it has to be kept in mind that the unnecessary shit affects catalytically to the latter, too. So outruling shit could use some effective, determined and hard-working leadership that the Health Inspector (other suggests I'd thought the title to be: Service Inspector/Supervisor/Foreman, in case of they could held authority over said people) will provide. I could already hear their booming voice from the kitchen: attention, lock and cleanse!

On the serious side of the topic, supervising these things are under multiple personnel now. HoP and IAA, for chef partly CMO. It works, fairly. Especially the IAA could have good time dealing with these things, if they happen to be a problem. But considering highpop rounds, this idea could do out very nice, for the amount of chaos that just naturally generates. And IAA is more to deal with issues already happened. They couldn't... lead an operation of hygienizing the station. HoP could but they have rather lot of duties already. Moreover, there quite isn't ever enough of fight against chaos.

Edited by Regular Joe

A QM for service certainly shouldn't be a karma role. An inspector, doing something like an IAA could have thou.

Really think service should have a head more involved in their business. HoP simply can't handle managing service, and frequently you got kitchen or bar empty, it would be good to have someone to step in. Janitor is also a role that can die or stop working and leave the station in need, and could also use some guidance regarding space cleaner, science upgrades, etc. Lots of rounds botany could use someone to teach them too. 

Also, if we make a service QM it should take not only kitchen, bar and botany, but the whole service department probably. 

But honestly service QM and health inspector are different enough that I think they should be discussed separately, I’ll make a new topic.

(About the IAA and its relationship with health inspector, as IAA I spend lots of time making sure HoP is informed about how service is doing, and making sure everything is maned. But i really completely ignore how clean is the kitchen and this kind of stuff)

30 minutes ago, TheClosetMailman said:

Unlike the NTRep we can lynch the inspector. 

If the NT Rep does anything worth lynching they probably are already banned.

1 hour ago, Trubus said:

Don't we technically already have a health inspector aka NT representative

Kinda, but there are currently no sanitary measures as part of SoP so NT rep and IAA have no power here

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use