Epic store thoughts?

yurivw

I got really mad when I learned more games are gonna be Epic Store exclusives, first Metro and now The Outer Worlds is coming to steam a full year after initial release. It's fucking stupid.

In my opinion it can fuck right off, especially with its exclusives. Honestly, I don't want to start my PC and wait ten minutes while it launches Steam, GOG Galaxy, Origin, Windows Store, Battle.net, Discord (store), Bethesda Launcher, Uplay and the Epic Store.

Anyone got any good arguments for the Epic Store?

Edited by yurivw

• 2 weeks later...

They probably make the exclusive games cheaper than they would be otherwise. Also more competition in the distribution market will probably make games cheaper overall.

One thing I don't get is why companies don't just price discriminate between distribution platforms. If Steam takes a bigger cut just launch it with a higher price tag on steam. Those who value steams convenience over paying a little bit more can do it. Those who don't care that much can get the game cheaper on epic. 

My guess is epic is offering some quite good deals and probably losing money to buy out exclusivity so they can get bootstrapped into a viable platform. 

Borderlands 3 is now on the list of games that got inhaled by epic and their fortnite money deals.

Any thoughts?

For me this situation is just really annoying, with Epic determined to vacuum up all games for their store.

Edited by Lonelyspaceman
Put in my own thoughts

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Some people think that if a game is exclusive to Epic Games store then it means Epic Games already paid the devs for all the copies that will get pirated. I agree, however pirating is still, and will be, always illegal, don't do it, kids. Outer wilds was a great game, but at this point i'm not even going to bother to buy it on steam when it comes out. If you go as an exclusive on Epic Games you are saying "I do not give a crap if anyone buys the game or not, just give me the money and i'll stay in your special store.", so you lose the respect from the ones that have played your early access version back in 2017. You don't deserve my money and i don't want to play your game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use