Blueshield Buff

Jr1423ye

8 hours ago, Jr1423ye said:

Doesn't matter if the devs hate this is a community server and if the community wants it, it should be added.

Most community wanted items are shut down anyways. Believe me I've tried.

• Like 2

What about a custom set of krav maga specially designed for and only for blueshields, that spawns either as custom, new sprite gloves or just knowledge they spawn with. It'll be slightly nerfed to avoid validhunting hate (although I totally agree with @Landerlow, validhunting is possible with literally almost any role as it is).

The main issue here is the power increase to blueshields. The validhunting is a secondary thing

Between the death alarms, weapons, and incredible trust they have (usually resulting in all access very early, and additional weapons from science, etc), they're already easily able to do their jobs. It's hard enough for a lone traitor to take out a head of staff without being caught - giving the blueshield something powerful like CQC, which can't be disarmed, is giving a large buff to a role that doesn't need it.

Alright so let me be more explicit in this and pitch it to you in a way that maintainers are more likely to accept, because it's not a straight buff:

Here's what we had on Oracle.

https://github.com/OracleStation/OracleStation/blob/2528945aad61c2892652a98da422aba2c562d2d1/code/game/objects/items/miscellaneous.dm#L23-L46

It was a box they spawned with. When they used the box in-hands, it gave them the option of:

• .38 Mars Special Revolver
  • .45 Enforcer Semi Automatic Pistol
  • Aegis SG7 Laser Gun

Once they made their selection, the box disappeared and the item was left in their hands. This actually gave a little bit of personalization and options to blueshields, and it also made it so an antag wasn't always sure what the BS had if they wanted to go after command. Nice little mind game.

I think you could do the same sort of deal, except add some sort of BS Krav Maga gloves to the list.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ziiro said:

Alright so let me be more explicit in this and pitch it to you in a way that maintainers are more likely to accept, because it's not a straight buff:

Here's what we had on Oracle.

https://github.com/OracleStation/OracleStation/blob/2528945aad61c2892652a98da422aba2c562d2d1/code/game/objects/items/miscellaneous.dm#L23-L46

It was a box they spawned with. When they used the box in-hands, it gave them the option of:

• .38 Mars Special Revolver
  • .45 Enforcer Semi Automatic Pistol
  • Aegis SG7 Laser Gun

Once they made their selection, the box disappeared and the item was left in their hands. This actually gave a little bit of personalization and options to blueshields, and it also made it so an antag wasn't always sure what the BS had if they wanted to go after command. Nice little mind game.

I think you could do the same sort of deal, except add some sort of BS Krav Maga gloves to the list.

This, I would be okay with. It doesn't make them much stronger than they currently are in terms of equipment and it gives them the slightly more interesting gear that people want from a karma job. 

Giving them any form of martial art, regardless of how much it makes sense from a 'realism' perspective is too much of a power increase imo

2 hours ago, Allfd said:

Yeah....  I don't remember this being a thing.

As I said in this post already I saw some folks talking about it and assumed they meant paradise but it had to have been a different server

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use