Additional Spawner Role Ideas

mcalexev

So! With the arrival of Free Golems also meaning the arrival of TG's spawner role stuff, I put together a couple of simple enough to make ideas that could be added to the cycle to ensure we've got at least a couple available during every round.

Role: Space McDonalds

Essentially the staff of an interstellar Fast Food chain restaurant in the same sector as the Nanotrasen station. A special corporate portal would allow customers to be ferried between the station and the restaurant, where the restaurant staff can take their orders and make food from a special restaurant-themed menu, either by manually cooking it or using some sort of corporate synthetic food replicator. There'd also be a drive through, where the Mechanic and Security Pod Pilot can order food from their pod on the go!

Role: Podmen Enclave

Essentially the same role from Lavaland on TG, but obviously with a few changes. They'd be located on a small, secluded station, with an incredibly large botany bay, supplies and basic living quarters, and free reign to grow whatever plants they like with little chance of interference, save particularly adventurous folks from the NT station.

Role: Space Hotel

Again, a port from TG. A luxurious hotel and retreat station's staff, tending to guests who arrive from the Nanotrasen station via a similar method to the Space McDonalds idea, a corporate portal. It'd be up to them to keep their guests happy by whatever means necessary, with sufficient supplies to do so for an entire round. They'd also have to deal with the occasional pest problem, to keep things a bit exciting.

Role: Crashed Abductor Mothership

The small crew of a large Abductor vessel that has sustained major damage after colliding with a large asteroid. All of their abductor science and implantation equipment was utterly destroyed, and the crew must use what tools they have available to sustain their life support, repair atmos damage and await whatever rescue that might come to save them.

Role: Merchant

A travelling merchant with their own trading station and shuttle. From the station, they'd be able to freely order an impressive stock of goods to sell aboard the Nanotrasen station, including more exotic items that aren't usually available on the station itself, such as vintage spacesuits and other cool but practical knick-knacks.

Role: Nostromo

THIS would be a lot rarer as a spawner menu option, but would essentially be a derelict but intact ship floating through space, filled with the corpses of the prior crew and populated by a single Xenomorph Drone, unable to evolve into a Queen but potentially a threat to whatever intrepid explorer accidentally stumbles upon it. The ship itself would have an impressive haul of vintage and rare technology for those who manage to survive it's guardian.

Thought these up after about ten minutes! I may post additional replies with more ideas over time.

Edited by mcalexev
  • fastparrot 1
  • explodyparrot 1

Merchant is just the trader event, isn't it?

Also, the mob spawner menu has existed ever since ancient station, not just since the free golems.

Hmm, how about a syndicate listening outpost for a ghost role?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bring back Vox Traiders.

Add 5~ Cryosleepers to the skipjack, 20 minutes into the round ghosts are given an notice that the pods are now active and players can take control, giving them a grocery list of goodies they need to collect from bars of gold to a kitchen knife or even some used or useless trash items and the occasional kidnapping 'Guest of Honor' objective. Enforce the involaite, so as side antagonists they can't start shooting and killing people, but they are free to loot anything they feel they can run away with, and are encouraged to defend themselves or capture anyone continuing to show hostile intent towards them (such as overzealous security officers and tiders trying to get aboard their ship.)

57 minutes ago, davidchan said:

Bring back Vox Traiders.

Add 5~ Cryosleepers to the skipjack, 20 minutes into the round ghosts are given an notice that the pods are now active and players can take control, giving them a grocery list of goodies they need to collect from bars of gold to a kitchen knife or even some used or useless trash items and the occasional kidnapping 'Guest of Honor' objective. Enforce the involaite, so as side antagonists they can't start shooting and killing people, but they are free to loot anything they feel they can run away with, and are encouraged to defend themselves or capture anyone continuing to show hostile intent towards them (such as overzealous security officers and tiders trying to get aboard their ship.)

It should be later into the round, not a 100% chance, and only for some roundtypes, like the free golems.

2 hours ago, Splgrk said:

Suggestion instead of the McDonalds: interstellar fast food truck. Essentially, similar to Sol traders, but they sell specialty foods.

To expand on this: They can sell special other items too, like robust gold tobacco, some other luxury items, I dunno? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Landerlow said:

To expand on this: They can sell special other items too, like robust gold tobacco, some other luxury items, I dunno? 

Better idea: their meals will include figures like from the arcade.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 4:51 PM, MrMagolor said:

Better idea: their meals will include figures like from the arcade.

Better better idea: Not just figures but fluff items in general like plushies, toy weapons, donk items, etc

• explodyparrot 1

I might be the only one but I'd like to see the old derelict be available again. The idea of waking up on a trashed station centuries after some unknown events and having to piece things together is such a fantastic story/RP premise.

This might fall under the topic of a different discussion, and if so I'll make a new topic somewhere.

34 minutes ago, Cole_Wilds said:

I might be the only one but I'd like to see the old derelict be available again. The idea of waking up on a trashed station centuries after some unknown events and having to piece things together is such a fantastic story/RP premise.

This might fall under the topic of a different discussion, and if so I'll make a new topic somewhere.

it is around sometimes. just not every round

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use