New Crit Discussion:

necaladun

This isn't really a bug but an oversight, and my biggest issue with new crit as is.

This absolutely breaks old crit races to the point where new crit vs old crit engagements are entirely broken. Why you may ask.

If you are an old crit race you go unconscious at 0 health with no roll, meanwhile a new crit race does not start rolling for heart attacks until -200. This essentially means you need to do triple the amount of damage to a new crit race to even get a chance of knocking them unconscious(it takes 100 damage to knock out an old crit race from 100 to 0, 300 damage to knock out a new crit race from 100 to -200). I don't think I need to explain why this is unfair for the old crit race. I really think something should be done about this as soon as possible.

Edited by Coul
Explained math, made corrections
  • Like 1

I for one am fine with some races no having newcrit. Especially in the case of slime where they'd be 1. Hilariously harder to revive as Vox are with newcrit and 2. Need to be reworked to fit newcrit. Likely becoming something they weren't meant to be/something entirely different than they are now. Which I most certainly am not in favor of. Personally I consider not being affected by newcrit as slime a buff.

But the math just doesn't work, being 3x weaker than every newcrit race is not a buff especially when the downside to being in crit for newcrit races is usually just oxyloss braindamage and a few periodic stuns. I can understand why you don't want new crit for some races but now that its here the races that haven't been moved over are at a huge disadvantage.

Probably for oldcrit races are straight-forward to treat. Not saying, that treating newcrit is hard, but doing so requires the reagents and the handheld defib, if it’s bad, anyway. Medbay being capable of doing the tricks isn’t that sure, and if you’re alone you’ve got to got the chems. So it’s a buff, that way, in certain situations - like when medbay hasn’t much time. 

Yet prolonged death is certainly a buff (more a buff than the previous, if you ask me, referring to Coul’s maths) for newcrit when you are fighting something, as it’s been said. Like, took five revolver shots and still was able to tase and cuff the syndie as a partner shook me up before he got hit. Then epi and I lived enough to walk to the hallway from the maint to be dragged to medbay from there. And so on with that kind of examples.

I like it from the doctor’s perspective, over the old system. The other side would need  tinkering, but exactly how to do it? There’s such many things to consider so it does not seem easy. Initially, this setup was considered very deadly as of defibs didn’t revive. Even then the ability to stand after excessive damage was there, though. TDS’s PR to alter the rolling for crit effects seem interesting. Threshold for the initial brute damage whether it kicks the crit effects in, and threshold of health to enter with certainty to crit effects - it could solve the issue of not getting down and dying after extreme violence. 

Edited by Regular Joe

While that’ll certainly be a step in the right direction it seems more like it’ll only fix extreme cases but it won’t fix the gap between oldcrit and newcrit races 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use