New Game Mode / Mid Round Event: Race War

YeOlCableKing

Essentially an idea for a new game mode. Have a one or two antags of each ic race set with the goal of embroiling their specific ic race to eliminate the others or a specific one on the station. A couple of ideas for how to spread it could be a proximity-based thing where if a player is a certain amount of tiles away from a player fighting a player of a different race he gets an ic prompt that he feels an uncontrollable urge to help the player of his race. Or just make it have the same mechanics as a rev rounds where that antag has a flash and if he uses it on other players of the ic race they join but on others it just functions as a normal flash. Could even have certain players who would be forced to play as peacekeepers and their goal was to keep the peace. Players would scramble to gain control of their department from the other groups in it work with other allied departments to attain total domination. There could be a number of justifications for the antag like nonhumans being upset at humans rapid expansion or humans being members of the "old guard" looking to preserve human supremacy as the wiki describes them.  I think this would at the very least add something new to spice up the game and even not as a game mode maybe as a midround thing to add instead of the mid-round terror spider or blob rounds that happen when a round lasts more than an hour. Now I know most players don't really play racist characters IC but I think it would be a relatively good chance to RP differently for a lot of players and put something fresh into the server. That said I can see how this could burn down really quickly and just dissipate into a lot of server rules being broken.  Adding to that I do not have a good idea for how this would play out for low player count races like drask or kidan. Would love to hear your thoughts on this!

Edited by YeOlCableKing
thought of the hoorb.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/30/2019 at 10:22 PM, YeOlCableKing said:

Now I know most players don't really play racist characters IC but I think it would be a relatively good chance to RP differently for a lot of players and put something fresh into the server. 

Now call me crazy, but there's probably a reason for this! Most players don't play racists because they don't want to be racists. Like dude, no one wants to recreate the Rodney King Riots or the collapse of Yugoslavia except for some real messed up people that I would prefer banned from the server. There are ways to spice up the game and make things fun and interesting but the Rwandan genocide is not one of them. If you want to RP differently, maybe PLAY one of those other races you don't usually play. Or just think up a different character, or do LITERALLY ANYTHING EXCEPT BECOME A MURDER-BONING RACIST PSYCHOPATH. 

44 minutes ago, MechaMaestro said:

If you want to RP differently, maybe PLAY one of those other races you don't usually play. Or just think up a different character, or do LITERALLY ANYTHING EXCEPT BECOME A MURDER-BONING RACIST PSYCHOPATH. 

I had a character on Oracle whose backstory included narrowly surviving a malfunctioning AI on a different station.
Due to the trauma, she didn't trust artificial intelligence of any stripe (AI, Cyborg, IPCs, etc.) and barely tolerated dumb bots (beepsky, floor, med, etc.) if they didn't come too close.

It seemed interesting on the surface, but a few rounds showed the character concept to be pretty shallow.

It mostly ended with her in the brig for sabotaging AI cameras and destroying dumb bots, and IPCs wondering what the hell they had done to deserve being threatened by this woman.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use