Change of Heart

Veloxi

I decided to try out a Station Engineer role with a new character Madison Mueller.

I had tried out engineering before, but didn't really know what I was doing.
In the past, someone taught another character (Katlyn Hudson) half of setting up the tesla.
I was hoping to learn the whole engine setup and maybe do some small station repairs to get started.

Madison Mueller is a round start engineer, and ... I roll traitor.
I have an assassination target, a fellow engineer, Asrair Ziesuzuo.
Asrair Ziesuzuo is there, so I asked for help with engineering during the shift.
My plan is to work up a mentoring relationship, and since I actually need the help learning engineering, it's a good plan.
I figure I'll off Asrair maybe in 60-90 minutes into the shift in some remote location we're repairing together.

Asrair instructs me on how to set up the tesla engine, everything, start to finish.
People were complaining over comms about power and setting up the engine.
Asrair explained over comms that they were teaching me and others would have to be patient.
We finish setting up the engine and Asrair then tells me they need to cryo and asked if there was anything else I needed during the shift.
The only thing I needed was to complete my traitor objective.
I see nobody else around, pull out my PDA, pop in the traitor code, buy an eSword.
I think to say "Just one more thing ... *swing*" but it seems SO CRUEL to off Asrair who was so nice.

So I let it go. I pop the eSword into my O2 box, and just get to work repairing the station.
I get a new assassination target, Scientist Jack Wildfire. Sci-Chem.
I repair a bombed up section of Cargo / HoP for awhile, then decide to get some food and check on my target.
I manage to make it all the way to Sci-Chem, and I find Jack ALREADY DEAD on the floor.
Sweet! I just need to turn off the suit sensors, drag the body into a lonely locker in maint, and my objective is complete.

So I begin dragging the body into maint.
The brig phys is out on patrol with another security officer. They catch me out of the corner of their eye.
Brig phys pushes me down, fetches the other officer back to my location, then drags the body away.
I pursue, thinking I can explain that I found him dead and was dragging him to Med Bay.
Officer stuns me, pulls the eSword out of my O2 box, declares me EoC .. Perma Time.

So, in trying to show mercy to Asrair, I wound up in perma, for an eSword that I DIDN'T EVEN NEED to kill my already dead target.

I almost escaped from perma due to the greytide virus, but again the Brig Phys got me, this time with pepper spray.
Fortunately the captain decided not to have me executed for being an EoC escapee.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cheeseman said:

I never knew you were trying to kill me! Was great fun teaching you how to setup a tesla, though, hope you got something out of it. 

Yes, it was very helpful. With your tutorial, I went from 'knows enough to blow up the station by setting up the engine incorrectly'  to 'can set up the tesla solo, no sweat'.

It just seemed too evil to repay that with death by e-Sword. Probably would have been a hell of a shock though!

7 hours ago, Trubus said:

I hate when the brig doctor is out of their office. They should be remaining in brig all times unless collecting supplies. 

Oh well, better luck next time. 

That Brig Phys was a very feisty woman.
I could easily see the Head of Security saying, "Sure, *you* go tell her she has to stay in the brig..."

Next time I'll remember to create a distraction to keep low-pop security busy while I hide the body!

Also remember that your neat traitor gadgets are a double-edged.... sword? Double edged e-sword? D-sword? Uh.  That traitor gadgets are both helpful and harmful.  Sometimes it's best to stash your stuff or just not buy it until you really need it.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use