Encyclopedia Medicina

EvadableMoxie

Encyclopedia Medicina

When I first started playing SS13 the first job I picked up was medical doctor.  Over the years I code dived to learn more about the profession and recording my findings.  I eventually moved on from medical, but the notes remained.  I've reformatted all the data I've mined from looking at the code and placed it into Encyclopedia format, along with my own experiences and advice in medical.

Because the info was extracted over a period of a few years some info might not still be accurate although I've tried to go back and update everything.  If there is anything you know for sure is inaccurate please let me know.  I've tried to stick mostly to facts and not opinions although a but of editorializing was necessary.  If you disagree with anything herein feel free to reply and give your reasons respectfully.  If anything is inaccurate or incomplete please let me know so a correction can be made.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • clown 1
  • explodyparrot 1

Kidan

An sapient ant-like race occasionally employed by Nanotrasen. A cold blooded race of bipedal humanoids. Treatment of Drask is the same as for humans and no special considerations are necessary.

...only mistake I've found so far.

This is incredibly well done. The only suggestion I can really think of is a section talking about the different damage types. 

There is one problem with the Defib section:

You should specify the difference between "Resuscitation failed, further attempts may succeed" and flat "Resuscitation failed".
The former is as described, where the ghost is in the game but not in the body.
The latter message appears if the person commit suicide. They can not be revived.

Also the cell charger was moved to the break room, and is no longer by the cryo tubes.

Edited by Pckables

Noted, thanks.

That cell charger change is mildly annoying, going to have to move it back to the cryo tubes every round. Not sure why they'd change that. Especially weird since they just added one to that location on Meta. 

Edited by EvadableMoxie

Also, "People with high enough radiation will start irradiating others around them" is not technically correct.
People being radioactive is from the "Radioactive" disability gene, not from high radiation in the body.  It's just likely to appear after a bit of radiation due to being a disability, but is cured with mutadone.

Edited by Pckables

Dukes Purple Tea/Mugwort heals tox damage.

If wizard Mugwort works like omnizine. Dukes Purple Tea does nothing on its own. But it has a chance to decompose into Mugwort  which heals tox damage if I am not mistaken. Either that or the tea does have a chance to heal tox damage.

Its not the Tea itself I think, rather to what it decomposes into.

Edited by Irkalla

It looks a container of Duke purple tea has a 20% chance of having 3 units of mugwort tea in addition to the actual tea:

/obj/item/reagent_containers/food/drinks/tea
	name = "Duke Purple Tea"
	desc = "An insult to Duke Purple is an insult to the Space Queen! Any proper gentleman will fight you, if you sully this tea."
	icon_state = "teacup"
	item_state = "coffee"
	list_reagents = list("tea" = 30)

/obj/item/reagent_containers/food/drinks/tea/New()
	..()
	if(prob(20))
		reagents.add_reagent("mugwort", 3)

Tea reagent 'tea' does heal 1 toxin damage on a 20% chance per tick:

/datum/reagent/consumable/drink/
	name = "
	"
	id = "tea"
	description = "Tasty black tea: It has antioxidants. It's good for you!"
	color = "#101000" // rgb: 16, 16, 0
	nutriment_factor = 0
	adj_dizzy = -2
	adj_drowsy = -1
	adj_sleepy = -3
	adj_temp_hot = 20
	drink_icon = "glass_brown"
	drink_name = "Glass of Tea"
	drink_desc = "A glass of hot tea. Perhaps a cup with a handle would have been smarter?"
	taste_message = "tea"

Looks like I missed the other effects, though. 

• 2 months later...

Noticed Hydrocodone doesn't have a table like the other chems do and is missing it's brand name "Vicoden"

Also Under Saline-Glucose the Table lists the common name as Salicylic acid, which looks like it was copy pasted from the entry above.

Otherwise this is pretty sweet

• 3 weeks later...

I never thought anybody would ever have the willpower to actually write down every single detail about every single medical item in the game. You must be really good at writing essays...

• 1 year later...

I've updated the guide for new-crit, and tried to update it as much as possible for the species changes, although I may have gotten some things wrong.  If anyone notices anything out of date or otherwise incorrect, please let me know.

• Thanks 1

My god, so much i didnt know!

Carrot Juice: Reduces blurry vision and blindness by 1 per tick (2.5 per unit). Cures Nearsightedness after 20 ticks (Requires 8.4 units).

little details like this are why I love this game

Thanks for the guide!

1 hour ago, EvadableMoxie said:

I've updated the guide for new-crit, and tried to update it as much as possible for the species changes, although I may have gotten some things wrong.  If anyone notices anything out of date or otherwise incorrect, please let me know.

Thank you so much! This is the one doc that I always have open in the browser while ingame. Very good disposition.

Edited by Regular Joe

• 11 months later...
  • Added a section on Auto-menders
  • Added a section on Stable Mutagen
  • Updated the Vox, Slime, and Diona entries to reflect the new mechanics.

If there is anything else that is still outdated or missing, please let me know.

Edit:

• Expanded and corrected some information in the section about critical condition
  • Expanded the entry on Auto-menders with a bit more information

Edited by EvadableMoxie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use