das bread

fears that barely anyone else relates to

Adding on to the fear of mind reading. I have a fear that people around me are making fun of me for no real reason; mostly if I see them staring at me while smiling like the best fucking joke ever just got told '-'.

11 hours ago, Rurik said:

Roaches. Aka Kidan. I absolutely fear and despise roaches. Aside from carrying a multitude of diseases and being absolutely disgusting, its extremely hard to wipe a nest out from a house and they breed rapidly. They also enjoy crawling into ears. They should be purged in flame, also like kidan.

Spiders are chill though.

Another site location at my job has so many roaches. Think they’re gone and just they decided to move into a different filing cabinet.

worst part is that site is constantly losing paperwork because they say “f*** this filing room it has roaches burn everything.” but they never succeed.

Roaches give me a more burning rage feeling that fear or disgust.

1 hour ago, Mitchs98 said:

Adding on to the fear of mind reading. I have a fear that people around me are making fun of me for no real reason; mostly if I see them staring at me while smiling like the best fucking joke ever just got told '-'.

Whenever I see people looking and laughing in my direction I assume there must be a clown that I just missed. I look around, no clown or funny jokes, and realize I left home in my clown costume.

Really though, it is a bad feeling to think strangers are judging you for the way you look.

6 hours ago, Benjaminfallout said:

I don't know why at my age the being in the dark scares me. A ten PM walk down to the basement to shower scares the shit out of me.

I think it scares all of us no matter the age. Luckily for me there's no true darkness here, too many artificial lights in the city, too many windows in my place, it never gets dark enough for me not to see. But when we have a power failure it's scary as hell.

4 hours ago, Fursamie said:

I have this fear that a Hitman is about to take a shot so whenever I feel like this particular Hitman is going to shoot me I always duck or move in one direction suddenly. Whenever people around me ask about it I always say it's just some fly bothering me.

I also have a fear that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE in whatever populace I'm in, whether it's a public bathroom or a mall, that they can read my thoughts. The worst part about this is that my thoughts go wherever they wish to - ending up in me thinking about VERY bad things. Example;

Me: Oh wow her hair is kind of long

Consciousness: What a bitch, she's just looking for attention. Can't she be normal? Bet she has family issues at home. I wouldn't mind making her into a documentary for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Me: Jesus Christ.

How external to you you feel your consciousness is? Are you in the late teens/early twenties?

5 hours ago, Calecute said:

How external to you you feel your consciousness is? Are you in the late teens/early twenties?

Like I said, once I start thinking about something or someone (e.g friend or bike) I can't get it out of my head and any "thoughtful discussion" I was having with myself will have to be dropped to reminisce about some guy with a tattoo I saw in a fast food chain 2 years ago. 

@PhantasmicDream and @Ty Omaha I was just thinking of you both. I have several old pairs of boots I just keep in my garage for if I need something on my feet real quick, I usually go without a sock when I do. 

I just slipped one on and shoved my foot through some sort of web that something built inside it.

Cheers.

On 10/15/2018 at 10:48 AM, Benjaminfallout said:

I don't know why at my age the being in the dark scares me. A ten PM walk down to the basement to shower scares the shit out of me.

It's an honest fear a lot of us have. I still pause when I turn the lights off, have a flashlight beside my bed in case of emergencies at night. As a child I slept in a bunkbed that had a string of led lights wrapped around it for when I slept. To this day I don't remember what really made me afraid of the dark. As for something I still truly hate and fear there are two, open water such as the ocean and silence. True silence will always put me on edge.

I don't really handle dogs well. The story, as far as I know, is that at some point when I was younger than I can distinctly remember I got bowled over by a large and very excitable one. I can't personally verify that, but I do know that when most people hear that I'm afraid of dogs they either look at me strangely or tell me to put up with it. Doesn't really help matters that several family members also have large and easily excitable canines.

Yes, I play a Vulpkanin. Moreso as a fox. ...I'm not a hypocrite!

1 hour ago, SilverLightsune said:

I don't really handle dogs well. The story, as far as I know, is that at some point when I was younger than I can distinctly remember I got bowled over by a large and very excitable one. I can't personally verify that, but I do know that when most people hear that I'm afraid of dogs they either look at me strangely or tell me to put up with it. Doesn't really help matters that several family members also have large and easily excitable canines.

Yes, I play a Vulpkanin. Moreso as a fox. ...I'm not a hypocrite!

Big dogs scare the crap out of me.

I hate cockroaches. A lot.

If they flies. It's worsen my sanity.

I'm a little late on this one but a fear I recently have now is putting my vive over my face and having a spider crawl across my eyes while I'm playing. (Let's just say I'm glad I got a warranty on it)

I am deathly afraid of going down escalators for some reason. 

Edited by TheMaskedReader
Screwed up directions

Elevators. I'll go in them, but only when I have to or when it would take a ridiculously long time to walk. Whenever I hear a clank in an elevator, or a noise outside, or a slight jitter, I'm afraid it's going to fall and crash, like in half life. 

Fuckin hell.

EDIT: I think this Fear originated from playing Half Life, actually.

Edited by ReynTheLord
It's my post, and I didnt remove anything, must you ask why? I know it's your job but...
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 6:00 PM, ReynTheLord said:

Elevators. I'll go in them, but only when I have to or when it would take a ridiculously long time to walk. Whenever I hear a clank in an elevator, or a noise outside, or a slight jitter, I'm afraid it's going to fall and crash, like in half life. 

Fuckin hell.

EDIT: I think this Fear originated from playing Half Life, actually.

I was terrified of elevators for years because I got trapped in one for a few hours when I was 10. It was stuck between floors and so the doors wouldn't open.

I'm often driving alone at night, on backroads where there are no other cars for miles. My fear is to look in the rearview mirror and see someone in the car with me. That or come across something horrific in the road.

• Like 1