das bread

fears that barely anyone else relates to

I’ll start off with this one.

I get incredibly afraid having to use the bathroom in the morning instead of at night.

I'm terrified of whales. They are so fucking huge. I know they don't want to like...eat us or harm us on purpose...its just the SIZE. We are essentially bugs to them. So tiny we aren't noticeable to them. A whale could swim by me in the water and just the turbulence in the water my break me in half. They could breach onto your boat and just crush it like us stepping on an ant hill. Glad they are in the ocean and we are on land. Fuck. That.

Edited by ZN23X

Also, I'm scared of oceans and I love them at the same time, I love the mystery of them, but at the same time it's scary-.. as anything can lurk from it, right?!

Just now, Danzig said:

as anything can lurk from it, right?!

LIKE WHALES! *SCREAM

Edited by ZN23X

Just now, ZN23X said:

LIKE WHALES! *SCREAM

Or massive tentacle kraken mutants!!!! :0000

• fastparrot 1

Earwigs... I hate... Earwigs. Mother of god. EARWIGS!

Seems like many people are simply just afraid to tell others thier fears.

Honk

• Like 1

I have a fear of finding a spider (or an insect) in my shoes/slippers. 
I think to myself, when I put my foot in this shoe will something else be in there...

I love swimming and being in the water, but have a slight fear of open water.   Only because I think to myself what if a shark or some other fish/creature swims up behind me and attacks me even though we only have fresh waters where I live. 

i have an extreme hate and fear of horses. when i was a kid i was hit by a horse and nearly trampled, then a day later while i was riding a completely unrelated horse it got extremely close to a fence and nearly crushed my leg in the process.

horses are shit

Edited by Blessed
  • Like 1

@PhantasmicDream me too 

so the solution is to STEP ON YOUR SHOES and then hold them up to see if anything comes out, you dont want to hold them up before stepping on them or else it will be alive

but if you step on them and crush it then you'll have bug guts in your shoe so you'll have to burn them

Edited by Ty Omaha
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 3:35 PM, Xyd said:

Earwigs... I hate... Earwigs. Mother of god. EARWIGS!

Spoiler

Here is a great video on them to alleviate your fears, they apparently have a pretty robust combat system.

PS. Earwig Kidan when?

Edited by Ty Omaha
courtesy spoiler
  • angryeyes 1

Roaches. Aka Kidan. I absolutely fear and despise roaches. Aside from carrying a multitude of diseases and being absolutely disgusting, its extremely hard to wipe a nest out from a house and they breed rapidly. They also enjoy crawling into ears. They should be purged in flame, also like kidan.

Spiders are chill though.

@Rurik I've seen one roach in my life, it was in my garage.

I know you don't just step on em cuz they could have eggs so I picked it up in newspaper and smashes it, then put it in my driveway, poured gasoline on it, and lit it on fire.

There is still a burn mark in my driveway despite this being years ago.

But I haven't seen any more roaches.

Edited by ZN23X
  • Like 2

I have a fear of finding a spider (or an insect) in my shoes/slippers. 

Once that happened to me. I had just walked out of my home, felt something kinda prickly inside my shoes. I took them off and turned upside down and a poor roach fell out dead. 

so the solution is to STEP ON YOUR SHOES and then hold them up to see if anything comes out, you dont want to hold them up before stepping on them or else it will be alive

The traditional solution to avoid things in your shoes (mostly venomous scorpions), is to put two twigs into the ground so that they sit standing up and put your shoes on them, like the twigs were two upside down legs.

Seems like many people are simply just afraid to tell others thier fears.

I feel most people just have common relatable fears. Fear of insects is pretty common and relatable. Fear of ocean is pretty common too, althou not as common as insects. 

But I'll give you guys two:

a) I'm afraid of accidentally killing someone while consensually strangling them.
b) I'm afraid of using violence against someone when I really shouldn't.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Calecute said:

a) I'm afraid of accidentally killing someone while consensually strangling them

L-lewd? ?

This is probably common, but my main fear is the unknown.

Either I being something I can't see or don't know, it scares me. This lead to my fear of open waters and my fear of the dark. Because I can't see exactly everything that could happen, who knows what could be in that dark corner. 

But this fear could cause by me jumping to conclusions all the time, and most of the time it's for the worst. 

I don't know why at my age the being in the dark scares me. A ten PM walk down to the basement to shower scares the shit out of me.

1 hour ago, Benjaminfallout said:

I don't know why at my age the being in the dark scares me. A ten PM walk down to the basement to shower scares the shit out of me.

I'm 33 years old and logically know there are no monsters in my basement but I still always feel like something is chasing me whenever I turn off the basement light and run up the stairs.

And I ALWAYS run. I dont want the nothing that is actually chasing me to catch me. EVER!

• Like 1

I have the same fear about the dark thing like Ben and Tetris tbh.

That and moths. Moths are unholy abominations created by satan himself. They should burn in the fiery depths of hell from whence they came.

Except for these white ones I have at my house that are floof and kinda pretty. but if it touches me it's fucking dead man.

• Like 1

I have this fear that a Hitman is about to take a shot so whenever I feel like this particular Hitman is going to shoot me I always duck or move in one direction suddenly. Whenever people around me ask about it I always say it's just some fly bothering me.

I also have a fear that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE in whatever populace I'm in, whether it's a public bathroom or a mall, that they can read my thoughts. The worst part about this is that my thoughts go wherever they wish to - ending up in me thinking about VERY bad things. Example;

Me: Oh wow her hair is kind of long

Consciousness: What a bitch, she's just looking for attention. Can't she be normal? Bet she has family issues at home. I wouldn't mind making her into a documentary for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Me: Jesus Christ.

• Like 1