Mech Lock Breaker

Breenland

So, have you ever found a mech that was DNA locked by some traitor, or someone who has cryo'd, or any other number of things, and now you can't get into it again? The only real way to deal with it, I think, is to break the mech down...a huge waste of resources.

So my suggestion here is a Mech Lock Breaker, a device that functions somewhat similarly to the Pod Lock Breaker. It is an object that would spawn in the Robotics Lab, and when used on a mech that has had it's maintenance panel unlocked (with the proper ID), would allow the user to wipe all access, including DNA locks, from the mech after a period of time (10-15 seconds). This would allow Robotics to recover mechs, from the basic mining and combat mechs, to the rarer Phazons and service mechs without having to waste resources. Of course, this kind of maneuver would be blocked by any mobile mech, and would definitely not work in combat.

As it stands, I'm not sure how the pod lock breaker works, though I can guess it is less involved than this. Please let me know what you think, and add any constructive comments you would like!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, tzo said:

A better solution might be to automatically un-dna-lock mechs whose only authorized user enters cryo.

That's a great idea, in addition i believe that allowing an emp from the Exosuit console to reset those kind of locks would work wonderfully too

Those both work as well, I'm sure making sure the locks disappear after someone cryo's would be easier to do. EMPing could have a chance too, though the only way to do that normally would be with slime cores or an ion rifle (unless you manage to get that EMP 'nade).

I do like the idea of the Exosuit Console being able to do this a lot, actually. Instead of making the item I've mentioned, just make it an option like on the Cyborg Console.

9 hours ago, Breenland said:

EMPing could have a chance too, though the only way to do that normally would be with slime cores or an ion rifle (unless you manage to get that EMP 'nade).

Being able to use an emp as antag to force someone out of a mech would be a good strat, or even security being able to get a antag out of a mech without destroying it would be nice

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use