Drawing on paper

JovanM

Please, add capability to draw on paper. Now you can only write on it using pen or pencil.

Being able to make sketches on paper makes a mime roleplay easier, because a mime may show a drawing of a things which are hard to mime (for example, how do you mime to a Bartender that you would like a Gargle Blaster cocktail, but it is easy to draw it).

By looking at screenshot thread, I know, you can create now paintings on canvas (but it requires some crafting and unsuitable for sketching). Just add it for a pencil and paper.

Mimes who use paper.....

5 hours ago, JovanM said:

(for example, how do you mime to a Bartender that you would like a Gargle Blaster cocktail, but it is easy to draw it).

Hushie points to the drinks dispenser and holds up two fingers, and then reverts to one,

Hushie holds up his hand as though holding a bottle and slowly unscrews the lid, pouring some into the lid

Hushie tips the lid back and swirls the liquid around in his mouth and appears to be spitting it out

Hushie holds up his second finger slowly pointing at the drinks machine

Hushie draws and invisible gun, firing it a number of times at the drinks dispenser

(if they still don't get it)

Hushie sighs deeply and holds up both hands

In his right hand Hushie forms a backwards G and in his left he forms a B

Hushie flaps one arm and silently clucks to himself whilst pulling on an invisible tail

Mimes are supposed to mime - they aren't mute but have made a dedicated choice to focus on their craft - miming and performing. Drawing is not much better than talking and (unless it is an emergency) a mime should not draw. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Biffthegreat said:

Mimes are supposed to mime - they aren't mute but have made a dedicated choice to focus on their craft - miming and performing. Drawing is not much better than talking and (unless it is an emergency) a mime should not draw. 

Trying to figure out how to mime out complex things through emotes and it being difficult to understand them is what makes being a mime enjoyable. If anyone thinks otherwise its because they are boring and lack creativity.

It doesn't even matter if a mime can't get the message accross in an emergency. They arent command, they arent security, thier communication is in no way critical to the function of the station. If they can't deliver the message in a fashion where it can be understood, it wasn't meant to be known.

The purpose of the mime and the clown is to, in an IC way, remind us this is a game, its SUPPOSED to be entertaining, and stop being so damned serious. If you care so much about what is going on that you cannot realize another round starts in less than 2 hours, knock it down a peg or two.

Edited by ZN23X

Well, I mentioned mime here as an example. I guess, a role of mime is worth a separate discussion.

Spoiler

Beret, red suspenders, formally looking black pants and favored top hat make the image of 20th century modernist artists.

In general, ability to perform a quick doodles on paper would add several points to creative spirit of SS13. For example, worth images may be scanned, bound into albums and stored just like books and notes.

Mimey McMimeface grabs a small round nothing, and a large nothing.
Mimey McMimeface rubs the small nothing against the large nothing.
Mimey McMimeface smashes the large nothing against their head!
Mimey McMimeface collapses onto the floor!

*so and so seems to imitate gargling a liquid silently.

*so and so then holds out their hand index finger out as if its some sort of blaster

*so an so points to a glass winking. 

- Sorry, Mimey McMimeface, I don't have time to watch for your performance. There is a code red on station. We have confirmed presence of destructive cult, and some monster is lurking at tunnels.

- Well, Mimey, you are rather suspicious. Your bag, please.

... Mimey bows and passes a bag ...

- Ah, what's this? Is it your bundle of drawings? Let's see.

... Mimey tips his beret and points to a box of crayons ...

-Hmm, these are a group of men in white outfits with blue-green crosses. These must be medics, I guess. Standing at room with table at center. I'll check that locked operations room. One of them is drawing something on floor. So, you point that medbay is infected by cult?

... Mimey nods ...

- I'll check it right now. The next image shows someone in medical labcoat lying on floor and a horrible creature. I recognize the place of this picture. I have seen this emblem at maints near medbay. That corner must be monster's lair. Damn, the whole medbay is gonna be nuked.

... Mimey jumps away from invisible explosion ...

- Well, on the next picture we have a long-haired man in antirad suit. This should be a RD, he has such weird hairstyle. And he is mixing something. There is a plan of medbay behind him with bold red cross on it. And green figure nearby, must be a golem. He plans to nuke medbay???

- Thanks, Mimey, your pictures have saved the station!

Edited by JovanM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use