hello add moth girls yes

0430AM

greetings i would like to suggest that moth people would be a nice addition yes

reasons:

1. it's a moth girl dude

2. its cute

3. you can pet it

4. It would be a nice subspecies variation for kidan and could encourage more players to buy that race (which isn't currently that popular). In addition, the code is already implemented and there exists a PR which got shot down due to not gaining enough interest. However, a number of people on discord were interested after my suggestion, so I'd like to bring it up again. Please post if you support it.

5. fly around the station and shit its nice

6. fuck gravity lmao

7. it's a moth girl dude

https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/7665#issuecomment-312932037

Spoiler

moth4.jpg.bca0dc76a47b85e4b3e52432104cc73f.jpg

• Like 1

Despite the kinda memey nature of the post (pls no bulli) I think Kidan subtypes would allow for more customization, and hopefully make an extremely neglected race even slightly more popular.

I definitely support this.

The problem here is the lack of distinction between Kidan and these mothbeasts.

In the PR the closing comment best summed it up with two key points: (1) it is little more than a resprite and (2) there is no subspecies system within the game currently.

The problem is that it is little more than a resprite and it does not make sense. For me two additional gameplay problems appear:

(A) Why should a moth receive less brute damage? This makes no sense - if anything, moths (like vox) should receive more brute damage.

(B) Why should the sharp modifier be applied to the attacks of a moth? 

Intuitively, some of the burn negatives should be carried over too, which isn't the case for Kidan in general.

Not to mention the "flying in zero G provided atmos" would be borderline impossible to implement due to various pressures and so on and so on. If such a mothbeast were to become a thing - even sharing Kidan heritage and the :4 language, perhaps the wings should be purely aesthetic - at least until a reasonable method of implementation is suggested.

I like other species, but this one seems bogus. If it was watered down to be a visual overhaul with some transplants of brute weakness/ fire weakness which already exist I can see it working and being a good Karma sink whilst retaining the :4 language then why not, but I see little reason effort should be thrown this way and don't understand how this would be a good idea. 

Must be instant killed by pest spray and suffer reverse magnititis to all lights at all times. 

• Like 1

Just port the /tg/ moths, they look a lot better.

Nobody plays Kidan anyways, so we can just replace those right? :^) (Sorry Ki'Li!)

But yes, port moths.

Maybe a little work on the sprite of the moth people and instead of making them too similar to the kidans regarding their pros and cons, it might be more fitting to make them a very agile but also very fagile race. That would for example make a moth officer be the first guy on the scene but also -if unlucky- be the first guy on the ground. But nonetheless it is always refreshing if we're blessed with new races or roles. But that's just my oppinion.

Edited by Terrorxide
Fixed a weird typo

Nope. New race has to be something "new", or atleast not 90% similar to earth animals. So much aliens to just add and mothman is the best what you can "come up" with? Scrin from C&C, every race from Mass Effect... But no: Add more boring Tajarans and alike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Splgrk said:

Yeah, same for me. There's already too many boring humans with animal heads. More properly alien aliens, please.

the problem with making special species with a different body structure is clothing, it either means entirely new sprites will have to be made for each piece of clothing to specifically fit that species, or they just won't be able to wear 90% of the clothes. Humans with animal heads is kind of a neccesity for simplicity.

Edited by rb303
spelling error

2 hours ago, rb303 said:

the problem with making special species with a different body structure is clothing, it either means entirely new sprites will have to be made for each piece of clothing to specifically fit that species, or they just won't be able to wear 90% of the clothes. Humans with animal heads is kind of a neccesity for simplicity.

We need more species that are different culturally, mechanically, etc. Having them be physically capable of using human clothing sprites isn't the issue here. In fact, I doubt any species that doesn't do that will be receive any serous consideration for implementation.

Speaking of that, how would we handle the moth wings? Do they fold up when the moth's upper body is covered? If so, they would have to lose their benefits most of the time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After some discussion, I believe this suggestion should be taken in a whole other direction:

Instead of pretty much reviving the moth subtype PR, which died for legitimate reasons, make moth wings simply a cosmetic option for Kida, without changing the rest.

This would, along with giving them more options in terms of personalization, fit the lore of the species, as it's clearly stated that some individuals can possess wings, though, just like their extra pair of arms, they are mostly vestigial, and serve no purpose for actual flight.

On 8/10/2018 at 4:53 AM, TwoCam said:

We need more species that are different culturally, mechanically, etc. Having them be physically capable of using human clothing sprites isn't the issue here. In fact, I doubt any species that doesn't do that will be receive any serous consideration for implementation.

Yup! Humanoid aliens are fine, but there's plenty of humanoid aliens that don't have to be anthropomorphic animals. We don't need to add any more new species unless that new species is especially compelling in some way. Drask, for example, were a really cool, unique concept.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use