Tropico

Terrorxide

Hi folks,

many of you might know the game series Tropico. You are a dictator of an island, trying to take care of your industry, foreign relations and them pesky rebels.

The game lets you create a random map, providing some options to (for example) play on a smaller island. Options like these also raise the difficulty level- which is shown in a percentage value - which is also providing a higher ending score.

Now i kept on playing with the settings given at the beginning at the sandbox mode. Now i wonder, can anyone tell about his experience for a nice balance between fun and difficulty?

And before i forget; Which tropico is your all time favorite? I just played Tropico 3 and 4, which almost seem like the same games, only that Tropico 4 gives "totally" honest politicians some nice new features.

1 is best with that content update in my opinion. No dlc flood, no cosmetics. Just a good old game about managing a dictatorship.

The Pirate one was okay aswell.

I played 4 and 5, but I liked 4 much better. I could never really get into 5 for some reason, though it seemed like an alright game.

I bought 3 a few years ago and 4 on GOG.com like a week ago. It is a huge improvement if it gets to some parts of the game. Regarding Tropico 5; i decided to stay away from it, since some of the reviews of that game were terrible. Such reviews might be misleading more often than not, but i do not want to take the risk that they are right for once. :I

Edited by Terrorxide
Made a I instead of a i in the beginning. my post is no longe an abomination.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use