Useless Pro Tips

Threeinone

You can set-up multi verb macros by writing new verbs in the macro starting with /nverbhere. IE: `say "Bob Ross did nothing wrong!/nrest/n say "And I will lay here in protest til he is released!"`

This can be used to pick-up items, eat food, basically anything. If you can do the action by typing it in the textbox, you can macro it. This goes for movement and facing directions as well actually. So if you have DVORAK or AZERTY you can re-map your keyboard. It'd just take ages and lots of verb look up. You can also use this to be a cheeky cunt and cycle through all security gear pickups. But that's pretty borderline power-game. So watch yourself out there.

You can use the holster with the H hotkey, but I bet you already knew that. What you probably didn't know is that more often not jumpsuits are smaller than guns in your inventory, and guns can be extracted from holsters with the hotkey while in your backpack (Take that bluespace!). So, if you're that sorta Warden, stuff the guns into some suits for maximum space efficiency.

Earmuffs prevent flashbang stun, but not blindness. Combine with regular shades and a normal headset for a ghetto bowman headset.

Expanding off of what @Benjaminfallout said. Any item without a defined force value defaults to 5 brute damage. And fist stuns only apply when targeting the mouth (unless someone changed it)

Boxing gloves deal stamina damage. Stamina damage is almost impossible to counter even with adrenals due to the way it stacks & handles codewise.

Admins, if they've foolishly left combat logs on, can see everytime you hug someone. Hug the admins chatbox to death.

The maxcap limit can be escaped using assembly code and ideal gas law with certain holding tank types. TTVs are the only piece of bombcode that properly adheres to maxcap rules. However to achieve more than maxcap you not only need a lot of math, but need a tank that can hold more than 70 liters of gas. It's possible, but I'll never tell you how. Happy experimenting.

Prisoner jumpsuits and regular orange jumpsuits are, well the same damn thing. Roleplay as an escapee I guess?

You can matrix bullets by resting. Results may vary.

• fastparrot 1
  • explodyparrot 1

7 hours ago, Triiodine said:

You can set-up multi verb macros by writing new verbs in the macro starting with /nverbhere. IE: `say "Bob Ross did nothing wrong!/nrest/n say "And I will lay here in protest til he is released!"`

This can be used to pick-up items, eat food, basically anything. If you can do the action by typing it in the textbox, you can macro it. This goes for movement and facing directions as well actually. So if you have DVORAK or AZERTY you can re-map your keyboard. It'd just take ages and lots of verb look up. You can also use this to be a cheeky cunt and cycle through all security gear pickups. But that's pretty borderline power-game. So watch yourself out there.

Borderline? ? Can be like one of us lesser humans who just scrolls over stuff with the mouse n clicks...gross.

Edited by ZN23X

You can hold a piece of paper up to a camera and the AI will receive a message about it and have the option to read it.  This works even if comms is offline, which is a good way to get the AI's attention when normal methods have failed.

It's also just about the only way you have to communicate with the outside world if security has thrown you in solitary with no radio on. Which happens far too often. 

• honk 1

21 minutes ago, Splgrk said:

It's also just about the only way you have to communicate with the outside world if security has thrown you in solitary with no radio on. Which happens far too often. 

I've spent a hell of alot of time in sec, and cant speak for everyone on every shift, but the only time I do this or have seen sec do this is when someone is spamming comms with too much garbage. So maybe people are spamming comms when in prison far too often if you see this happening far too often. 

In my experience it doesn't happen that often...but maybe I just so happen to not play the shifts where it happens often by coincidence.

Edited by ZN23X

56 minutes ago, rapaskoti said:

here is a useless pro tip you can light someone else's cig if you aim for the mouth and have a lighter in your hand i'm pretty sure thats the case

That is indeed true! Sadly, it only works with actual lighters and not welding tools.

You can also light a cigarette off someone who is on fire.

• explodyparrot 1

putting paper on your hat is great for inventory management and paper planes can be thrown much further than normal paper. These pro tips are not useless at all! ;security!!! Help maint!

• explodyparrot 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you dismantle the cargo supply console, and take out the console board, use a multitool on  the board to change its mode ...

then rebuild the console.

You can now order a 'contraband crate' in the miscellaneous options. This can contain contraband posters, ??? pill bottles (including nanite pills), and contraband cigarette packs!

• Like 2

On 1/14/2019 at 6:58 AM, Triiodine said:

The maxcap limit can be escaped using assembly code and ideal gas law with certain holding tank types. TTVs are the only piece of bombcode that properly adheres to maxcap rules. However to achieve more than maxcap you not only need a lot of math, but need a tank that can hold more than 70 liters of gas. It's possible, but I'll never tell you how. Happy experimenting.

Fuck, now i need to review the code, my bomb math, and find out how to outmaxcap the toxins range. 

• 3 weeks later...

All simple bots (buzzsky, medibot, floortilebot, etc) can switch languages in the IC tab. They can speak binary, trinary, common, and if I'm not mistaken tradeband in some cases. The AI I know for sure can speak Tradeband and gutter.

• Like 1

Ya can't keep a good thread down.

Bay chem can be gotten out of plants from botany. Most of these chemicals are stronger or more effective than their contemporary goon counterparts, especially with the new plans for the critical rework.

Bicardine 4 lyfe

• Like 1
  • explodyparrot 1

not sure if this is still a thing, but back in MY day, you could throw dead borgs into airlocks to open them up. This was major for xenos, since the only way to get through an airlock before then was melt it.

• toolbox 2

2 hours ago, Allfd said:

If you ahelp someone is being a jerk, with context, you may get permission.

This is doubly so for graytide and self-antaging.

*Sweats nervously*

And heres an odd tip. 

Depending on the species of the current captain / HOP / Anyone really, you can use somewhat absurd items to bribe them with. 

Escaped a 30 min brig sentence by bribing the hos with live mice. 

20 hours ago, Aletmagne said:

Permission to valid them?

Or something else.

Best story I have is a janitor slipping people on blob, and we told some of his victims it would be OK to space him.  We also jobbanned him from janitor.  But in general, people often view OOC warnings on behavior as something they can ignore or argue their way around.  They seem to work way better when handled IC, as that also lets people observing them know the behaviour has a consequence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use