Useless Pro Tips

Threeinone

12 hours ago, Alliostra said:

You can wash magboots together with a crayon in a  washing machine to make them look like normal shoes. not sure if thats also true for CE Magboots.

That is stupidly silly, and I love it.

Got a kill target on someone?

As well as a theft target?

Use your PDA and find the desired target, then check their species.

Most species can be easily incapitated with relatively simple tools, found legally across station, or be outright obliterated with stealthy syndicate items sec would only ever find if metaing the fuck out of you.

Also, if you really wanna shut someone up, get some hacked meds from a medical vendor and a hypospray.

I mean, if you can get rid of the emag needed for it to work.

Gotta steal some shit?

A toolbox and multitool will get you very far, no emag needed, you can even upright ask for the tools at cargo, and even ask what wires do what from any random engineer or wirehappy greytide.

Depending on the current person holding desired item, you might even be able to buy it off them.

By offering a briefcase full of mice, I once bought the advanced magboofs from a una- uni... Eeerrrrr, lizardman.

Overall, just use every legal thing you can find, and if you gotta use syndicate items, use the ones that are practically legal as well.

GAR Mesons can't be mounted on your Ripley. Most people also overstate their combat power. They hit as hard as a floor tile or a fire extinguisher. However they do have a fair chance to embed while thown which makes them one of the few items able to do so without being launched out of a cannon.

The Therapist/Psych spawns with three pills of meth, and two of hydrocodone in his pill bottle, which is in his locker.

Free, easy combat drugs because I'm partially sure you won't drop items out of a broken hand or arm if you're under the effects of hydro, nor will you feel literally any pain at all until you fall into hard-crit.

They nerfed the speed boost of meth, but it's still there. So have fun bullying nukies, you unrobust Therapist main. (Me)

On the topic of drugs, as long as you ask before-hand in medcomms as a therapist you can probably snag a syringe gun from medical storage under the claim of self defense from patients without anyone raising an eyebrow.

If you want to be a shitter, just convert the Psych office into a spare OR, the reinforced table right behind the office in maint has just enough for an OR table, probably won't be hard to scrounge for ghetto-tools in maint. It makes for a decent last-ditch mini-medbay when nukies inevitably breach the hell out of the actual medbay with no engineers in sight. (Who in their right mind would bother checking a psyche office with the shutters closed anyways? Also makes for a good chokepoint/funnel if they do try rushing in.)

On another note, now that pretty much all of medbay has access to secondary storage, it's now easier than ever to steal yourself a medical hardsuit and mag-boots! Just waltz in, climb onto the table, and deconstruct the single reinforced window (or smash it, you animal.) Helpful if you can't be bothered to bug the CMO or get all access during a nukie shift. 

If you plan it out correctly with someone, you can flip over someone as they throw you, effectively doing a reversal throw and teleporting the person throwing you to where they threw you.

Also those black jumpsuits in maint have a chance to be chameleon jumpsuits, they're not just for show!

There's  pretty good chance that if you're a mob spawned in by a gold slime extract and have been made sentient, you can completely destroy any airlock in your way. Even something silly like a living crate.

On 12/6/2018 at 2:41 AM, Triiodine said:

Oh dear, it appears I'm page king

This is real now, and anyone who wants to challenge him needs to come to the holodeck for a thunderdome match.

You can keep your pen and cigerette handy by stashing it above your ear. 

Buckets are just handy 120 ml beakers and can be heated up. Fire extinguishers can also be filled with other fun liquids like holy water to ward off vampires or just fill it up with acid because you're a bastard.

Tired of people finding your contraband? Unscrew a vending machine and pull it out, drop your goodies in a box on the floor, cover that baby up with the vending machine and screw it back up. 

• Like 1

By hitting yourself with a baseball bat, you propel yourself forwards. especially useful for slamming into people ( guaranteed short knockdown for both participants), or for dioane that REALLY need a speed boost.

EDIT: can also be used to move over tables without having to climb. people you are pulling also get the speed boost, so get a partner, fling yourself into your foe, and let your partner finish him.

Edited by Alliostra
New Ideas

On 12/9/2018 at 7:51 PM, Threeinone said:

This is real now, and anyone who wants to challenge him needs to come to the holodeck for a thunderdome match.

Pageking is actually something from Facepunch Forums. First poster is always 'page king' and usually has to post something decent. Just a little sub-culture thing I picked up.

Anyway, here's some more stupid tips that you'll never use but can impress your friends with.

You can change your scaling settings from various filter settings in the drop down menus. Toy around with them and see what's best for your monitor's resolution!

Speaking of scaling, you can zoom in your game for easier robusting, or for better screencaps in the same menu!

IPC's can choose 'prosthetics' for their heads & other limbs, and can sometimes take regular human hair as well depending on their choices. It's like a shitty build-a-bear workshop, except it's intelligent robots from the future in a game running on an engine from 1999. Yeah!

Did you know revenants aren't actually damaged by salt? Yeah the only way to kill them is to manually robust them. And no, the Chaplain doesn't do extra damage to them.

The Chaplain however does do extra damage to shadowlings if they take the whip variant of the nullrod. They also get some neat and silly flavor text! (Please don't valid the thralls)

You can crash the server with instruments if you try hard enough. Seriously they're terribly coded.

You escape item & grab delay with hotkeys & macros.

As a stealth op, you can change your appearance at the mirror in the nukie shuttle. With the brand new surgical duffel the area spawns with, you can also effectively change your appearance properly. Just make sure to delete everyone's security records for maximum confusion on the station.

Sometimes, poor communication is better than no communication. Have someone steal security comms and call false nukie positions while the rest of the team gets the job done.

Spears, when thrown, have a very very high change to impale in the victim and cause internal bleeding.

If you have a weapon permit, holding that there green chainsaw is technically legal. It's not contraband! The red variant, aka the syndicate variant is.

Books that haven't been updated to just link the poorly maintained wiki page via bad HTML are likely outdated. However you can argue old bad space law IC because no one updated it, and that's technically an IC issue. Take that wiki-nerds. (Please update the books)

If you flip a table southward and rest on the same tile, you're practically invisible! You can't even be seen by people with thermals due to the way overlays work. More of a CM survivor trick, but hey, you can use it to hide from ascended shadowlings! (Or Terror-Spiders, etc)

Food with proper nutriment can actually heal you! So if you're down to your last limbs, munch on the chefs food. Meat items are a good call for this.

That's all I've got for now. I've got benos to shoot.

13 minutes ago, Triiodine said:

If you have a weapon permit, holding that there green chainsaw is technically legal. It's not contraband! The red variant, aka the syndicate variant is.

How can you get a weapon permit?

1 minute ago, Alliostra said:

How can you get a weapon permit?

Weapon permits are assigned to your ID card by the Head of Personnel. All of security and all Heads start with one. Functionally, it doesn't do a lot. However the magistrate can get your ID card checked to see if you have one.

4 hours ago, Triiodine said:

Weapon permits are assigned to your ID card by the Head of Personnel. All of security and all Heads start with one. Functionally, it doesn't do a lot. However the magistrate can get your ID card checked to see if you have one.

I believe the Bartender has a permit aswell for the Double Barrel.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't remember if this one is already posted, but you can keep a wallet in your ID slot. Any IDs you have in the wallet give you access without giving your job away. You can have cargo, engineering, and medical IDs in a wallet and have the access of all three ready to go. Just be careful, sec starts getting out their batons and tasers when they see a question mark above your head.

On 12/14/2018 at 6:10 PM, Triiodine said:

If you have a weapon permit, beepsky won't lynch you if you have a bat, I would think.

1 hour ago, Threeinone said:

If you have a weapon permit, beepsky won't lynch you if you have a bat, I would think.

Yup, without a permit he lynches you.

Found out the hard way when I picked up an abandoned tazer

• stunbaton 1
  • honk 1

9 hours ago, Threeinone said:

Don't remember if this one is already posted, but you can keep a wallet in your ID slot. Any IDs you have in the wallet give you access without giving your job away. You can have cargo, engineering, and medical IDs in a wallet and have the access of all three ready to go. Just be careful, sec starts getting out their batons and tasers when they see a question mark above your head.

Actually, the wallet hides you from security HUD entirely! You won't even have a question mark, there will be nothing at all. Feature of bug, doesn't matter, it's silly broken! However if you're mindshielded that icon will still appear.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Emagging arcade games means if you die in the game, you die for real make them more dangerous to play. Fighting dudes renames the boss to Cuban Pete and Orion Trail activates "realism mode" maybe a better reward for winning, but you'll probably die before you get anything.

You can hurt people with coins. Somehow. Not just tossing them. Melee with a coin.

Most objects that deal zero Melee damage will deal one brute damage when thrown. So you can in fact kill another player by tossing normal playing cards at them.

Most items under "useless" in the traitor up-link are in fact useful. Such as the syndicate smokes that will heal you if you smoke them. They also make you look cool.

You can quickly and easily spam out of any grab as long as as you're not cuffed and awake. Even when slipped.

If they didn't know about the easy spam to get out of grabs then you'll be able to quickly and easily kill people by smashing there heads on closed toilets and urinals. Just have your hands around there neck and have them on the tile of the Toilet/urinal and spam click on it. They will died in about ten clicks.

Your punches have a low chance to "weaken" AKA stun whoever you hit (in fact most things do) . This mean if you're lucky you can first punch stun someone in full riot armor and keep stunning them tell they die. I've done it before and I got to say... fair and balanced.

Pest killer will near instantly kill the Ant race. Yes, you can kill one of the two people that play that race just about as fast as an EMP kills an IPC. Same with Plant people and plant killer.

EMPs have a small AoE around them that won't instantly kill an IPC. It will cause burn damage. Feel free to brag to your friends about how many EMPs you've survived. I'm at 17. Get on my level.

If aiming for the eyes and your target has nothing keeping them safe forks and screwdrivers have a 5% (or 10% I forgot. It is one of the two though.) change to stun and temperately blind your target. You can use this to stun them with the first hit and keep them down tell they die. I want to you know this is incredibly fun to die to.

If you're reading this you're a big nerd that needs glasses and reads books

Edited by Benjaminfallout
  • explodyparrot 2

6 hours ago, Benjaminfallout said:

You can hurt people with coins. Somehow. Not just tossing them. Melee with a coin.

Most objects that deal zero Melee damage will deal one brute damage when thrown. So you can in fact kill another player by tossing normal playing cards at them.

Most items under "useless" in the traitor up-link are in fact useful. Such as the syndicate smokes that will heal you if you smoke them. They also make you look cool.

You can quickly and easily spam out of any grab as long as as you're not cuffed and awake. Even when slipped.

If they didn't know about the easy spam to get out of grabs then you'll be able to quickly and easily kill people by smashing there heads on closed toilets and urinals. Just have your hands around there neck and have them on the tile of the Toilet/urinal and spam click on it. They will died in about ten clicks.

Your punches have a low chance to "weaken" AKA stun whoever you hit (in fact most things do) . This mean if you're lucky you can first punch stun someone in full riot armor and keep stunning them tell they die. I've done it before and I got to say... fair and balanced.

Pest killer will near instantly kill the Ant race. Yes, you can kill one of the two people that play that race just about as fast as an EMP kills an IPC. Same with Plant people and plant killer.

EMPs have a small AoE around them that won't instantly kill an IPC. It will cause burn damage. Feel free to brag to your friends about how many EMPs you've survived. I'm at 17. Get on my level.

If aiming for the eyes and your target has nothing keeping them safe forks and screwdrivers have a 5% (or 10% I forgot. It is one of the two though.) change to stun and temperately blind your target. You can use this to stun them with the first hit and keep them down tell they die. I want to you know this is incredibly fun to die to.

If you're reading this you're a big nerd that needs glasses and reads books

And who are you, writing this, then?

Spoiler

honk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use