Useless Pro Tips

Threeinone

12 minutes ago, Kryson said:

This works well, but i have stopped doing because it feels like powergaming and pretty much make the chef obsolete. One or two sips takes you from starving to well fed!

Being able to essentially opt out of the entire hunger system should not be so easy on a medium RP server in my opinion and it is something the coders should take a look at.

I think the issue is that hot chocolate is just a cup of straight chocolate. I think it was supposed to be a fluff thing from last Christmas that would spawn around the trees but at some point it got added to the vendors and its powergaming potential has stuck around. On the other hand its the only way I can find to get chocolate. Grinding up a homemade chocolate bar only gets you cocoa powder, and grinding up a candy bar only gets you sugar.

On 11/14/2018 at 3:52 PM, GutTC said:

Ouch. Good to know. Although I tried with one bullet from the stechkin and the assault submachine gun on the people during round end shuttle dock and they were completely dead one second after. I guess I'll experiment more on that.

Correction: i tested this again with a 20 damage laser slug, and it did 5 times the damage. Apparently the normal slugs just dont do much more damage after killing the target.

Possibly combinable with recent execution shot tips.

As a traitor mime you can get a cane shotgun. Which fires all shotgun ammunition as if it were fired from a silenced sketchin. It can't fit in your backpack but if you can get a circular saw to shorten it. Giving you a sawn off cane. Loses a bit of its deniability aspect though as it gains a unique description.

Just grab a proper shotgun slug for cargo, slip the clown on his own PDA and one click later walk away as if nothing happened.

• Like 1

The only problem is that the time to pull the trigger takes really long and might merely reach before the slip cooldown.

And it also leave a notable notification for everyone surrounding that you are doing something with the clown on his mouth no matter if it's silenced or not.

3 hours ago, GutTC said:

The only problem is that the time to pull the trigger takes really long and might merely reach before the slip cooldown.

And it also leave a notable notification for everyone surrounding that you are doing something with the clown on his mouth no matter if it's silenced or not.

Did a little check. A clown PDA slip is long enough to pull it off if you're reasonably quick. You have about 2 seconds of leeway. Considering you're a mime and pointing a cane up to the clowns head like a gun... You might get away with it by sheer audacity and the fact its not immediately clear you're not just miming. They might figure it out, but at least they can't say you aren't doing a good job as a mime.

• Like 1

And now some useful, useless, and wait what, tips

The traitor bola stuns and slows the target on hit, while a crafted bola and energy-bola just slow you down on hit.
It is very robust.

Prowling maints? Wear a hoodie with the hood up. If you get kidnapped and stripped, they'll have to remove the hoodie first to remove the hood to remove your headset(s). Use the extra time to call for help.

Headset sprites disappear if you put an item in the alternate ear sprite.

An ID in your PDA in your PDA slot will still grant door access, but you'll show as unknown on sechud.

The security dispatch uniform looks identical to the blue polo undershirt option + tan pants.

No one suspects the pen uplink. Wear it in your ear

GAR Mesons act identically to a kitchen knife, perfect for stealthy cultists with whetstones. They also make for budget throwing stars. (very budget)

NTSL 1.0 & 2.0 working real funky with voice changers and agent IDs. Have the voice changer active when talking in person, disable it when talking on comms, and whisper so no one sees your talking as your fake ID (Unless you're wearing a hardsuit,).

Genetically mute players and the mime don't whisper when cult communing.

You can't cult commune when cuffed. However, you can use intercoms, prep a message starting with :i and a cry for teleport from your fellow cultists. Send the message when a foolish officer drags you within tile range of an intercom in the brig. This has gotten me teleported out numerous times safely.

When scrubbing off runes, clean the floor, not the rune.

Cult whispers can be heard up to two tiles away, unlike one with regular whispering.

You can convert the T-Comms sat to a cult base fairly easily. Throwing the beacon into space will get invading sec killed.

Each map has a different camera network. Box only has SS13 and AISAT, Delta has SS13, AISAT, Engineering, etc. One for each dept. Sorta irrelevant with multi-cam mode now, but more useful in the past.

All space ruins have magical infinite power (but not atmos!). Cult bases in places like the syndicate listening post (not DJ outpost) are great calls.

As a nuke-op, to save time on T-Comms, only destroy the processing units, T-Comms will become garbled and useless, plus it'll clog up chat and prevent more people from seeing your combat actions.

EMP flashlights have 4 charges, cost 2 TC, and recharge overtime. They instantly kill IPCs, disable borgs, disable headsets & drain baton batteries. They also unlock locked lockers without evidence. For 3 TC, (EMP light & toolbox) you have some nice gloves, a full toolkit, a toolbox that does as much damage as a circular saw, and the same abilities as an EMAG in regards to door-opening and locker theft.

An EMP flashlight will also drain all security equipment on someone and completely level the playing field, you just need to get close and personal.

Don't use the taser setting on the hybrid taser. Use the disabler beam. Stamina damage is MUCH more effective than stuns, and much more energy-efficient. You can keep someone down indefinitely with repeated disable shots once they're already down with no change for repercussions. Even if they have adrenals they'll stand back up (but only at walk speed)

Bio-suits are , in practice, useless in regards to viruses. Please stop wearing them, you just look silly.

Bomb-suits make for decent budget armor during nukeops and you need to save your own skin as non-sec.

Hot chocolate & a firesuit with helmet make you space proof.

All of delta is fully simulated, Box is not. Meaning you can deconstruct all the shuttles (including the nuke-ops shuttle) with the right tools on delta. On Box you cannot.

Screwdrivers & surgical drills when targeted at the eyes cause immense damage and blinding (like a flash). But if the person has any sort of eye protection you won't even attack them.

Bridge access gets you access to cryo, keep an eye on cryo as a head-of-staff antag for security or scientists going to sleep, they usually have good equipment on them.

A white jumpsuit, a random bank ID number, and a science labcoat is usually enough to fool any HOP into giving you a replacement ID.

You can tell a lot about a man by what shoes they wear.

Fancy sandals (from loadout) change color according to your ID.

Spider toxins? Can't make it to medbay? Chug the shit out of duke-purple-tea. It'll offset the toxins til you can get proper treatment or until they flush through your body.

Skrell don't actually have a no-breath DNA flag, the check for breathing underwater is an if-statement in the water tiles code. So uh, do with that what you will.

Black jumpsuits are fire-retardant. But since unlike TG, we don't have burning/melting of items, this is mostly useless.

The bible is just a box with a different skin. Real cultists stick their cult tome into said bible.

Plasma windows burn and explode, reinforced ones are fireproof.

You can pipe anything and everything with backpressure from the holding tanks and a passive vent. The tanks never stop pumping, even if power is out. (They also like to just break a lot.)

As a simple mob, vent crawl and then exit the vent for permanent meson vision. (Bug that no one can figure out)

On Delta, if you have the steal 28 moles of plasma objective, you can just fill an extended emergency oxygen tank in the incinerator room. It starts with a plasma canister and has no cameras. Free objective. Alternatively, on other maps, go to medical secondary storage and steal the spare plasmaman internals. No one is going to miss them, and sec likely won't take them from you if you get searched.

Don't want to be staff but want to have a cool name color on the discord? Contribute to the codebase, become depressing faded paper yellow. It's a lifestyle.

For hijack-atmos techs, grab some spare metal, make a bunch of canisters and using the relabel button in the NanoUI window make them look like regular station air canisters. Fill them with frozen plasma, and replace the backup tanks in maintenance. From there you can open the valves into distro. The CE and sec will scramble to atmos only to find nothing amiss.

You can shoot frozen N20 out of flamethrowers.

One tap bonebreak threshold for feet and hands is 15 brute. Pickaxe, sus toolbox, circular saw, & surgical drill will all do the trick.

Surgical drill has no inhand sprite. Invisible robusting.

You can stab anyone with any pen, it'll give the same message as a sleepy pen.

Reset expiration date on dead bodies by defibbing them letting them die, and defibbing again. When medical is busy and cloning is busted, you can keep people on the brink until a cryo-cell or sleeper is ready.

Officer Pingsky will stun anyone in space if spaced, because the poorly written AI thinks that all of space is the AI-SAT.

Simple mob robots are immune to inertia and can move about empty space freely.

You can heal the brain by doing organ manipulation on the eyes or mouth with a trauma kit. No need to cut the head open.

Is sec onto you? Just find a mirror and change your hair style and color to something outlandish, then back to normal when spotted again. If you have an agent ID and can change jumpsuits, none will usually be the wiser. This works in reverse for undercover sec officers.

Teleprods will stun and teleport people 15 tiles away, if you prod yourself you'll move 40 tiles away. The teleprod can only be gotten via admeme magic.

Chaplain & cultists have a different prayer color in a-logs so they're easier to spot and respond to.

You can remove your secret documents from the secret document folder, and put some other documents in it. It'll look the same, screw over your fellow traitor at the swap.

Remove the secret documents from the obvious folder and stick them in a less obvious one. Make a bunch of papers with the same name and put them in said folder. Security is unlikely to remove and check each document for the real one. Let alone check a folder.

Rarely, you can get yellow secret documents in a specific space ruin.

Vodka & other alcohol works as a budget anesthetic and spaceacillian alternative.

No one questions the chemist in maints so long as you say you're fungus hunting.

You can macro item specific pickups.

The holy baguette, when used near the clown, will make the clown go color blind briefly.

Skrell have livers, they just don't work in a gameplay sense. They can go septic and everything.

Internal organs have a check in the code for them to not rot/get infected (rotting and infections are the same thing) so long as they are in a freezer type container. However legs and arms don't. So leave the legs and arms on the monkey in the back so they don't go bad.

Corazone and epinephrine is usually enough to offset a septic heart causing non-stop heart attacks. Combine with the occasional defib and you can keep someone alive.

As a hijack atmos tech, wire a TEG directly into the grid to dust/gib/burn anyone near APCs or doors that are shocked. Be immune with insulateds and or an engineering hardsuit.

Roboticists have access to tech storage, but so do atmos techs. Grab insulateds before the robo-nerds do. Take a flash if you're feeling meta.

A pAI in your back pocket is both annoying, and useful when being kidnapped by an antag. The only trade off for that protection is having to entertain said pAI.

If I'm incorrect on any of these, do correct me, I haven't been on the server in 3 months, so my view is a bit outdated atm.

Edited by Triiodine
  • Like 2
  • clown 1
  • toolbox 1

11 hours ago, Triiodine said:

Prowling maints? Wear a hoodie with the hood up. If you get kidnapped and stripped, they'll have to remove the hoodie first to remove the hood to remove your headset(s). Use the extra time to call for help.

a hoodie hood will also protect you from pepperspray/holywater spray, and face huggers as it is a "helmet"

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ID404NotFound said:

a hoodie hood will also protect you from pepperspray/holywater spray, and face huggers as it is a "helmet"

Holy carp, that one's useful. I had no idea. 

If you happen to be executed with poison, field executed or killed in any other way that may or may not actually kill you, you can use *collapse, then rest and *deathgasp to fake your death, or use *collpase and sleep to fake heavy crit.

1 hour ago, Alliostra said:

If you happen to be executed with poison, field executed or killed in any other way that may or may not actually kill you, you can use *collapse, then rest and *deathgasp to fake your death, or use *collpase and sleep to fake heavy crit.

If the seccies are being very aggressive in enforcing your execution, but are bad at searching you, or even removing your items at all, ask to be executed with lethal injection.

The moment the poison temporarily crits you, they'll see you as dead and put you in a bodybag, then typically leave it to the brig phys to process.

The crit will be over for a few moments, in which you can inject yourself with charcoal and grab a oxygen pill (forgot the name) before the crit strikes again.

Remember to close the bodybag again, the brig phys will most likely morgue you, if the coroner is just as watchful, you've might just successfully escaped death.

Speaking from personal experience, I died in my case, but was cloned and investigated my corpse.

That round went on to three different deaths, all providing interesting data for me in the future.

did you know dragging something around a corner in zero G lets it keep floating out of your grip? I lost three meteor sats to that fun mechanic.

Edited by Threeinone
Had to emphasize my Salt

Rezadone and Cryoxadone removes the disfigured flag from your face, even if the damage isn't genetic.

In regards to that, the disfigured flag (fer yer' face ya dingus) is activated by dealing 50 brute, burn, or sharp (yeah apparently sharp damage is a thing? Also fun fact so is shame damage, which is only dealt by the Unreal Sord). So five toolboxes to be unknown, or a few lit welder hits. I recommend you take the welder damage to be unknown since it won't break your bones, and burns are easy to heal, and don't bleed.

The benefit to being unknown, is that you won't need a voice changer as an antag, the code just sees the disfigured flag and skips right over real_name and grabs one from your PDA or ID. If you speak without a mask, it'll be Unknown(as Bob Ross), which is easier to pull off than Billy Robs(As Bob Ross).

To add to the gimmick and be a slippery snake with security, make sure you shift up your hairstyles at a mirror in the bathroom, same with facial hair. So long as you don't undergo facial reconstruction surgery (plastic now), or get into a cryo-cell, you'll remain an unknown despite looking normal. However the game will get your mob's real_name but still say X(as), so it'd be Bob Ross(As Bob Ross)

Plus you can just roleplay being horribly disfigured as a non-antag gimmick. (Could be fun, who knows?)

In regards to voice gimmicks, now that NTSL has been trashed, voice changers work over open comms, and you won't be an unknown from the manifest speaking on comms, so go wild! (So long as the job-titles option isn't enabled on the NTTC console)

The most effective way to combo being a traitor HOP with a laptop with the ID computer program (or an agent ID) (Also I bet you didn't know you can buy an ingame laptop and load it with a cardreader + download the ID modification software, bar HOP (get it?) away!) is with a hardsuit or spacesuit, since those fully hide your identity and only ever check for your ID or PDA name. Also if you have no ID, it'll take the name from your PDA in special circumstances that I can't really understand because I'm not that great at reading code.

Speaking of which, wounds are considered open (bleeding, like internal bleeding) at 20 brute damage, and bones from feet and hands break at 15 brute. The amount of open wounds stacks, so cut open their entire body while unconscious for some external bleeding. Though if you're doing that to someone unconscious you probably need to kill them anyway, so, instead, drag that feller over to the pool and suplex slap them into a choke hold. The water will halve the time it'll take for the oxygen damage to be fatal.

Fun fact suplexing is actually a thing if you've been blessed with martial arts by the gods. Just grab someone into an aggressive (blue) grab, and use the *flip emote. You'll both be stunned and take a bit of damage.

If you're targeting a hand, you have a chance to miss your intended target and slap somewhere else on their body. Perfect for robust melee combat when you want to disable them and fuck up the rest of the body. Just make sure you don't cut the limb off, because then you'll stop swingin'. The nerds all say target the hands, yes, but having played a lot of CM (as a beno), the meta is to target the groin since this (if I'm not mistaken, and maybe I'm just insane) has the highest chance to miss and slap other limbs.

Speaking of which, targeting the upper arm or leg is just as good as disabling the hand, and usually people try to splint their hands first, and not their upper arm/leg.

A cut off leg seems to slow you more than a cut off foot (maybe I'm just crazy).

IB in both feet, no time for surgery or medical blew up? You can waddle on stumps. Amputate your feet. Do it, no balls.

Vox boxes are actually quite easy, same with plasmameme boxes. Just seal off the room entirely, and have the entrance handled by two disposals inlets. They don't process atmosphere. If you can't get the CE to re-blueprint the room or give you a building permit, just get an atmospherics automation board from science, make the console, and override the air-alarm settings with an AAC script for the vents and scrubbers in the box.

Alternatively, convert a small room into your box, like tool storage, emergency tool storage, the emergency closet, medical secondary storage.

Edited by Triiodine
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 7:36 AM, Triiodine said:

Fun fact suplexing is actually a thing if you've been blessed with martial arts by the gods. Just grab someone into an aggressive (blue) grab, and use the *flip emote. You'll both be stunned and take a bit of damage.

As in its an admin spawned thing?

9 hours ago, Aletmagne said:

As in its an admin spawned thing?

I'm not sure what Triiodine said is part of Paracode. There is code for a suplex but its given from the wrestling style granted by a wrestling belt (Same sprite but diffrent from the champion's belt). From there its a disarm while grabbing someone with the style's special clinch grab to do a suplex. You'll both be stunned but your foe will be stunned longer and will take damage.

1 hour ago, Alliostra said:

You can attach a Powercell to a flash if you use a screwdriver on the flash. This has no effect, and plasma-rigged cells dont explode.

It does have an effect. Place a high enough capacity cell on it and it stuns and lights the victim on fire.

12 hours ago, Pennwick said:

I'm not sure what Triiodine said is part of Paracode. There is code for a suplex but its given from the wrestling style granted by a wrestling belt (Same sprite but diffrent from the champion's belt). From there its a disarm while grabbing someone with the style's special clinch grab to do a suplex. You'll both be stunned but your foe will be stunned longer and will take damage.

I'm probably mistaken! I've mostly been on TG as of late, but I think this is actually a goon feature, maybe a blessing. Unsure.

Edit:

Oh dear, it appears I'm page king, er... you've probably heard this one, but if you adjust a shower's temperature down to it's minimum you can drink cryoxadone and get the same benefits as a cryocell. Same works for being spaced!

Oxygen damage starts to cause brain damage at a certain threshold, and the medicine in oxy-kits is pretty hard to OD on, combine with epinephrine to keep a really critical patient stable and not brain-dead pre-flatline.

If you see someone wearing a feminine black jumpsuit... Traitor! It's only available via the Chameleon jumpsuit or admin intervention.

Igniters interact with objects at 1000C, as in the sparks they make are treated as if they were 1000C.
Lit welders at 750C, and sparks from the RPD/Lights at 100C. This doesn't apply to heating objects though, and is mostly for atmos and assembly code.

Drinks from the hot drinks machines can make for budget beakers. I doubt a searching officer will confiscate your chicken soup or coffee cup (Assuming you've filled them with nasty chemicals)

Turret controls work like APCs, so one turret control in the hallway will control all turrets in that hall. In theory you could make turrets in maintenance, and control them from a secret maintenance room with none the wiser.

You can make 'minicaps' (1,2,4 & 0,1,2 respectively) out of an igniter + signaling device assembly and any sort of handheld atmospherics canister. I'll leave the mixing and experimenting to you! However, I will let you know that these can be more effective than traitor atmospherics grenades, and can be made without access to atmospherics or toxins because of the way the code is written. Go wild! (But don't get banned, that'd do papa Triio sad)

With enough effort, you can break anything with an emergency oxygen canister.

Toddlers can be put on your back. Toddlers can be put in pneumatic cannons.

GAR Mesons (Kitchen knives for the masses and mining) can also be put in pneumatic cannons.

Now that the lore team is defunct, your OC canon is as canon as pneumatic cannons.

There is no visual difference between a shielded hardsuit and a regular nukie hardsuit.

The gloves of the northstar are a lot more robust than you think they are. In fact, they remove all click delay when it comes to clicking, your punches will track your target so long as you clicked them on a previous tile. Combine with hulk for ultimate robusting. (They're fast enough to kill/crit someone who's been slipped)

Spamming resist (hotkey B) does make you stand up just a bit faster than usual when slipped.

Electrodes are a projectile, but they don't deal stamina damage. Smoke cigarettes to both be cool and avoid getting cuffed. You'll need to add extra stims to avoid full cuff time though!

Each pack of Syndicate playing cards has the potential to deal 540 total damage.

You can scoop peoples brains out with syndicate playing cards, GAR Mesons, shards of glass, etc. Since there is no % failure chance. Just make sure the head is not attached to the body for optimal results.

Most common surgical tools can be replaced with a 90% effective budget one, sterilization and standards be damned. Carry a hatchet and some cable coil to replace the two most critical tools (Saw & hemostat). Use a fork to remove organs.

Edited by Triiodine
  • Like 1
  • fastparrot 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use