Useless Pro Tips

Threeinone

I found out something during my latest code dive. Its highly useful but I doubt anyone has ever pulled it off as killing one Slaughter Demon is hard enough.
If you somehow manage to kill two. Eating the second heart will allow you to devour people just like the demon. Healing 1000 of each type of damage. Sadly it doesn't do anything for your other maladies. Also you're not made an antagonist or anything so you probably shouldn't do it. (Its a good way to finish off the wizard who bought two bottles though.)

• Thanks 1

On 10/29/2018 at 4:06 PM, Sihsse Zsak said:

Miners all dead and Research isn't delivering tech disks? Pester Botanists for some produce to ship out or if they're also being lazy head to the Arrivals Garden to grow some yourself. 

Sorry, I don't understand this.

As member of cargo I have had experience of delivering plasma and uranium sheets to cargo shuttle for supply points. I guess, some exotic plants may also give supply points, but never tested this.

On 9/13/2018 at 3:46 AM, Triiodine said:

You smother people with the damp rag the bartender gets, this however, while amusing to see in chat, doesn't actually transfer the reagents to the persons blood stream it rather applies them to their face. So uh, 5u of acid I guess might do something.

Damp rag behaves really weird in game.

Once experienced some little bug: when clicking on a damp rag, received a message about putting a lid over damp rag. Guess, damp rag is a subclass of beaker (if Dreammaker supports OOP terms)

36 minutes ago, Alliostra said:

Shooting at people holding a  grenade has a chance to set off the grenade instantly.

I actually killed a nukie once as pod pilot despite them having the laser shielded suit because they had a mini bomb in their hand and I just so happened to hit it with my pods lasers.

Edited by ZN23X

42 minutes ago, ZN23X said:

I actually killed a nukie once as pod pilot despite them having the laser shielded suit because they had a mini bomb in their hand and I just so happened to hit it with my pods lasers.

And i was killed by nukie in the same way when like a smartass i am i was holding potassium water nade

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Threeinone said:

Click on a camera with a written piece of paper in your hand to hold it up to the camera. Anything you write will be shown to the AI.

NEAT!

I'm really curious how that message looks on the AI side.

Edited by ZN23X

On 11/11/2018 at 12:38 PM, Alliostra said:

Xenobio Golems are immune to electrical shocks

Dionae can get random mutations from being shot with a floral somatoray.

To clarify on the last one mutation shots will harm Dionae and pod people. 15% chance of radiation, 35% chance of mutation, 50% chance of burn. Yield shots will make them fat. Ever wanted to make a Diona even slower?

Edited by Pennwick
Clarified what Mutation shots do
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Pennwick said:

To clarify on the last one mutation shots will harm Dionae and pod people. 15% chance of radiation, 35% chance of mutation, 50% chance of burn. Yield shots will make them fat. Ever wanted to make a Diona even slower?

Fat fricking plants.

Amusing and a great way to stop a security diona from ever catching you

if you're stuck in crit and you don't want to be saved, you can just type in 'succumb' on the bottom bar and you'll immediately "give up on life, succumbing to death" and can then ghost without losing respawnability.

8 hours ago, Threeinone said:

if you're stuck in crit and you don't want to be saved, you can just type in 'succumb' on the bottom bar and you'll immediately "give up on life, succumbing to death" and can then ghost without losing respawnability.

On a side note, this command is tremendously useful in those cases where that one character has made that super healing viruses that practically allow you to rise from the dead.

More than once I've been stuck in hard crit, but unable to die because of said virus, Succumb really saved my round that day, because Jesus, I was stuck there in space for twenty minutes.

You can perform one shot insta-kill by point-blank your victim with any lethal firearms while aiming for the mouth.

This however takes a while for you to shoot as much as you trying to shoot yourself and it require your victim to hold still. So take your times and whisper your victim in the ear as you slowly pull the trigger. Or just the good way to save ammunition.

2 minutes ago, GutTC said:

You can perform one shot insta-kill by point-blank your victim with any lethal firearms while aiming for the mouth.

This however takes a while for you to shoot as much as you trying to shoot yourself and it require your victim to hold still. So take your times and whisper your victim in the ear as you slowly pull the trigger. Or just the good way to save ammunition.

Youre bound to a chair in a dark forgotten part of maintenance

Suddenly you feel the cold metal of a barrel pushed against the back of your head

Psssst, nothing personal kid the vox screes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GutTC said:

Its not insta-kill with all guns. I tested it with a humanized monkey and a slug, and the monkey took 240 + Internal organ damage, so laser guns and the likes (probably) only deal around 80 damage.

6 minutes ago, Alliostra said:

Its not insta-kill with all guns. I tested it with a humanized monkey and a slug, and the monkey took 240 + Internal organ damage, so laser guns and the likes (probably) only deal around 80 damage.

Ouch. Good to know. Although I tried with one bullet from the stechkin and the assault submachine gun on the people during round end shuttle dock and they were completely dead one second after. I guess I'll experiment more on that.

This might have already been said but eh fuck it.

Keep a mug of hot chocolate in your backpack, its the most filling out of any food item and a hell of a good time saver if your starving, a good 3-4 sip puts you to full from starvation, just don't down the whole thing, then you will become obese, this is a handy trick for mining, or anyone off station/always on the move away from the chef or a food dispenser.

21 minutes ago, AceWhite27 said:

Keep a mug of hot chocolate in your backpack, its the most filling out of any food item and a hell of a good time saver if your starving, a good 3-4 sip puts you to full from starvation, just don't down the whole thing, then you will become obese, this is a handy trick for mining, or anyone off station/always on the move away from the chef or a food dispenser.

I can confirm as any time I've attempted to fill up using hot chocolate, I've always gone too far n get fat. If the kitchen aint making nothing I stick with chaykin soop myself. Or chinese food if I wanna treat myself cuz well...chinese is delicious.

55 minutes ago, AceWhite27 said:

This works well, but i have stopped doing because it feels like powergaming and pretty much make the chef obsolete. One or two sips takes you from starving to well fed!

Being able to essentially opt out of the entire hunger system should not be so easy on a medium RP server in my opinion and it is something the coders should take a look at.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use