Useless Pro Tips

Threeinone

8 hours ago, Calecute said:

I'm not sure how many ticks we have per second in Paradise, but ~2% per tick does not seem like little to me. It's a 70% chance per 60 ticks, as an exemple. 

Its not that it isn't significant. Its just not particularly feasable to get to the 150u threshold needed. Having to down a bucket and a half of cholesterol before you get to the point of heart attacks makes it a very limited gimmick. Perfect for the thread actually.

5 hours ago, Alliostra said:

Thanks for the clarification, i thought that you could get some from a vending machine, tho, maybe the food from changs contains it as well?

Food from Changs contains MSG. It has a very small (<1%) chance of giving you a little tox damage or a stun per tick. You'll probably experince one of the effects one in 5 times you eat something from Changs. Cooked bacon also contains MSG.

You can stuff cult talismans (or any paper really, but talismans would be the most useful) into an unscrewed unary or passive vent, amusingly this will also duplicate the vent fitting.

You smother people with the damp rag the bartender gets, this however, while amusing to see in chat, doesn't actually transfer the reagents to the persons blood stream it rather applies them to their face. So uh, 5u of acid I guess might do something.

3 hours ago, Splgrk said:

That's actually pretty damn sweet.

How do you get single bullets, though? Don't most weapons come with magazines?

Use the magazine to pop shells out individually.

You can grab the paddles off the defib without picking it up by Ctrl+clicking it.

Hivelord remains are actually an organ that can be transplanted into the chest (Organ Manipulation Surgery) for a one-use perfect recovery. Even inert remains work once transplanted.
Hivelord remains heal you to perfect health, including healing all internal damage, viruses, and regrowing lost limbs. They even remove cuffs, meaning a transplant can also be used for a surprise escape!

• Like 3

This is actually kind of used by chemists a lot, but you can set paper on fire. Classic getting rid of the evidence, if you ask me.

Once i lost my ID and HoP wanted me to get a signed and stamped form from CE to make me a new one. Something completly unreasonable, but i went with it. When i handed him the form CE had just signed it, he said that i should get a stamp too. I burned the paper at his desk as protests said that I'd just skip work and drink at the bar, and changed all disposals to his office.

• Salt 1

Adding onto that, lockers have a defined volume of 200 liters, meaning that if you can wrangle atmospherics into updating the tile and the contents of the locker, you can space yourself safely in a locker without a suit. Out of 4 attempts, I have only managed to space myself in an atmos filled locker once and survive without my own internals.

• Like 1

NPC creatures given sentience such as fake xenos, crates, and bears have no language of their own. This means you speak a language everything understands and understand all languages. Kind of a plot-hole, but useful in some ways. Make a living as a professional translator between corgis and dionae as a bear!

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 8:19 PM, Threeinone said:

NPC creatures given sentience such as fake xenos, crates, and bears have no language of their own. This means you speak a language everything understands and understand all languages. Kind of a plot-hole, but useful in some ways. Make a living as a professional translator between corgis and dionae as a bear!

That's cool. lmfao

You can open and loot a bag on the ground by dragging it over your sprite. No need to actually pick it up. Useful for surgery or stealthily taking stuff from bags dropped on the ground.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pckables said:

You can open and loot a bag on the ground by dragging it over your sprite. No need to actually pick it up. Useful for surgery or stealthily taking stuff from bags dropped on the ground.

Jumping off from this, you can click-drag a bag onto a tile and after a few seconds, you will have emptied the bag onto the floor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dunno if this is still the case, but tiles used to be really solid thrown weapons. Buckle your target to a chair in an undisclosed location and pelt them to death for a long and gruesome kill.

• Like 1

If you use a visual git editor (Kraken, Source Tree, etc), leave it checked out on the master branch of paradise to make it look like you're actually a CS major to your roommates. And not just some weirdo who makes sprites for a exceptionally niche game.

You can mix chemicals on peoples head by smashing bottles with the components on em. Napalm works very well.

And I can confirm tiles and metal rods make for robust throwing weapons, syndicate playing cards are the best of this, with 10 thrown brute, leading to a smashing potential 540 brute damage.

12 hours ago, Triiodine said:

You can mix chemicals on peoples head by smashing bottles with the components on em. Napalm works very well

you can also mix chemicals IN people. shoot someone with a syring filled with 2 u blood, 2u synthflesh, 2 u SR and 9 u phlogiston/chlorine trifluoride. laugh as they get eaten by  a carp.

• Like 1

Force objects down other people's throat by aggressive grabbing and clicking the object in question onto their sprite. Make someone eat a monkey cube or two and after a while, a monkey will explode out of their chest! Not sure though but you might be able to hide the disk someone like this?

15 hours ago, Threeinone said:

Force objects down other people's throat by aggressive grabbing and clicking the object in question onto their sprite. Make someone eat a monkey cube or two and after a while, a monkey will explode out of their chest! Not sure though but you might be able to hide the disk someone like this?

I'm pretty sure none of that is true. I'm not 100% on the 'needing to grab to forcefeed' thing. I'm pretty sure you just click on someone to forcefeed them food. And I KNOW feeding someone a monkey cube doesn't do anything other than give them some nutrient.

Unrelated to that though you can't hide the disk in someone through surgery. It has special cases to stop you. Judging by the code its been patched more than once. First to stop people from implanting the disk and a second time to stop them from implanting a container containing the disk. If you try you'll get the special message.
Central command would kill you if you implanted the disk into someone. Even if in a box. Especially in a box.

• Thanks 1
  • angryeyes 2

Heres something potentially useful but I've never seen it used.

Replica Pod people aren't exactly the same as standard Diona. They're actually part of the plants and vines factions. This means that Kudzu won't hinder them other than blocking light. Kudzu flowers won't attack them, neither will hostile trees and killer tomatoes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After pulsing the Test/Main Power wire of a door, if you snip it with wire cutters and mend it immediately after it'll reset regardless if the back-up power has kicked in or not allowing for a quick secondary pulse which I find useful if I need to backtrack through a hacked door. I don't suggest using this though if you don't have insulation since its a coin flip if you're going to get a shock from the snip.

Speaking of insulation, the budget gloves aren't the only ones that have a chance of preventing shock, the fake insulated gloves have a chance of being insulated themselves, albeit a small one.

Want to set up a trap? Pulse the door until the Check Wiring Light has been turned on. Congratulations in having turned the safety off and created a crushing machine. For quicker crushing pulse the Check Timing Light on as well.

Tired of finding butt pictures scattered around the station? Apply an emag to the photocopier to punish those who wish to print out a picture of their ass to share with others. At best their buns are going to be toasty, if they decide to print out a whole bunch at once though expect to find a charred corpse lacking an ass on your photocopier.

Miners all dead and Research isn't delivering tech disks? Pester Botanists for some produce to ship out or if they're also being lazy head to the Arrivals Garden to grow some yourself.

Those metal tiles on the floor getting you down? Get a container, scrape some fungus off the wall and apply some blood to it for instant carpet. Not sure what the lower threshold is but splashing as little as 5u will get you a carpet tile.

Need extra plant/chemistry bags because yours have gone missing? Get a Biomass Generator upgraded and you can print out some new ones.

Feeling lazy as a botanist and want to play around a bit without the chef pestering you too much? Those plots of soil behind the kitchen can be self-sustained like the hydroponics trays with Earthsblood. Plant what the chef needs, toss them a plant bag, and let them harvest at their leisure what they want.

Lacking plots to grow nifty things? Create some astroturf from grass clicking it in your hand, throw it down, dig it up with a spade/shovel, use the resulting sand to make sandstone brick. 3 will get you a brand new plot to toss down with which you can grow more plants with.

Are you a vampire that needs medical assistance? Careful of the body scanners, they won't give you away outright but a keen doctor may notice that you have more blood in your body than should be there and might contact Security about the irregularity.

Edited by Sihsse Zsak
Cleaning
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use